Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 09:39 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,968,882 times

Advertisements

It's funny how libertarian types are analogized to Davidians. It's gonna take an awful lot of brainwashing to mollify the link's tenuousness and keep order in the military ranks. Defection rates among soldiers would be alarmingly high given this factor alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 10:22 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
He was given a chance and failed. Rasmussen just published a poll that indicates at the same point of his presidency, GWB was more popular than BHO is today, and Congeressional Republicans are better liked than Congressional Democrats.

Face it. Democrats have failed in short order.
Given a chance? He hasn't even been pres. for two months yet!

Old 03-19-2009, 10:25 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
It's funny how libertarian types are analogized to Davidians. It's gonna take an awful lot of brainwashing to mollify the link's tenuousness and keep order in the military ranks. Defection rates among soldiers would be alarmingly high given this factor alone.
Based on your comments, I'm doubting you have ever been in the military. My men would have done their duty. That's how they are trained.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:26 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Based on your comments, I'm doubting you have ever been in the military. My men would have done their duty. That's how they are trained.
What would their duty have been, to shoot American civilians?

Old 03-19-2009, 10:29 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,595,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
He was given a chance and failed. Rasmussen just published a poll that indicates at the same point of his presidency, GWB was more popular than BHO is today
Comparing Obama to Bush this way is 1) ridiculous, because Obama hasn't even been in office for two months. And 2) Bush had eight full years of chances, and succeeded only in leaving a mess of historical proportions for Obama to deal with.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:29 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,697,090 times
Serious question: what exactly are these folks protesting against?

I read this yesterday, and I am wondering if someone who is in favor of these demonstrations has another take, like for example, are the protesters against tax cuts for people making less than $250K?

Bob Cesca: The Weird Contradictions of the Tea Bag Revolution

Old 03-19-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Comparing Obama to Bush this way is 1) ridiculous, because Obama hasn't even been in office for two months. And 2) Bush had eight full years of chances, and succeeded only in leaving a mess of historical proportions for Obama to deal with.
Ummm I believe what is being shown is GW was more popular at the same period in his presidency as Obama is now....

Old 03-19-2009, 10:31 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,968,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
You severely overestimate our fighting men and women's level of lockstep obedience to even think for a second they would kill hundreds of thousands of their own citizens, especially if these citizens promoted the idea of liberty, 2nd amendment rights, and taxation without representation. Likely the same exact values many of these soldiers believe in.

For every ex-military person who thinks these soldiers would perform this horrific feat, I can come up with 3 that would laugh at the prospect.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Serious question: what exactly are these folks protesting against?

I read this yesterday, and I am wondering if someone who is in favor of these demonstrations has another take, like for example, are the protesters against tax cuts for people making less than $250K?

Bob Cesca: The Weird Contradictions of the Tea Bag Revolution
I am for MORE tax cuts,LESS government spending and LESS government in general....

Old 03-19-2009, 10:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,003,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I am for MORE tax cuts,LESS government spending and LESS government in general....
Then you're certainly NOT for whose runing things now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies