Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 09:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
GREAT! Build the fence on the Texas border to keep them out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why would you want to build a fence?
If Texas ever seceded from the Union, they would need a fence, to keep all of the poor americans out..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 09:09 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Now now, that was uncalled for - we took him back, didn't we?
Yes, and after you secede he'd better not be expectin' a visa to visit.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:10 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,689,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If Texas ever seceded from the Union, they would need a fence, to keep all of the poor americans out..
You guys dont like OKies, do you?

Quote:
You guys dont like OKies, do you?
?

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:

I'm hopin' we find out but all we get is cheap talk and bluster

Old 04-18-2009, 09:12 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,689,002 times
Quote:
?
I was joking about the tx-oklahoma rivalry.

You would also have a problem keeping the drug dealers out - they need to buy guns. From today's Wash Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

Old 04-18-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'm hopin' we find out but all we get is cheap talk and bluster
The State Senator (didnt get the name) said that the Governor was not serious but just pissed over all of the crap coming from Washington and this was his way to "mouth back"..

For once though, I think a movement like this does have to get started before the people in Washington get it. For some odd reason we are capable of throwing them out by votes, even though their approval rating was below 10%.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
I was joking about the tx-oklahoma rivalry.

You would also have a problem keeping the drug dealers out - they need to buy guns. From today's Wash Post:
washingtonpost.com
Ha, if Texas was smart, they'd secede from the Union, then offer drug dealers waning to gain access to the USA free hotel stay on their way through to the USA, support USA getting all high up on drugs and self implode, then Texas could take over the country and we'd have the United States of Texas.. haha

Old 04-18-2009, 02:14 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,069,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Hmmm,doesn't makes sense when using voting rights for blacks as an example.....
Back to history class OZ. We changed the constitution to allow blacks to vote.

Old 04-18-2009, 02:19 PM

491 posts, read 886,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
So of all the things I would choose to just specifically bash would be a state in the United states.. and that state being texas just because that's what I want to do??? I don't know what you're smoking... but people are not "bashing" texas.. they're stating their disgusted opinion of it's govenor going around the state talking about separation from the union.. and the fact that it is not being curbed.. THAT"S IT... other than that.. texas doesn't really play any role in my mind otherwise...
But i do know from personal experience the attitudes of people in texas which is very proud and at times arrogant.. which in most cases an endearing quality or aspect.. but in cases like this (if it indeed is rooted in this) it is disgusting....hence.. my comments "ONLY a place like texas"
Surely you can catch my drift?
now, quit whining
I'm sorry... was I the one whining? Dude, you contradict yourself so much it's staggering. I'm not gonna keep arguing with you. You make smug little statements and then go back and say you're only "arguing against what Gov. Perry said about blah-blah-blah", so I guess the bottom line is that we're IN AGREEMENT that Rick Perry (the individual, NOT the "Texan") is a blathering conservative ass who panders to his base. Other than that, WHY the hell are we arguing??? It's pointless and I'm bored with it.

Enjoy your smugness. Have a nice day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies