Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 08:51 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
all places seem to have stereotypes... I think negative attitudes towards texas revolve around everything being big.. big hair, big business, big ego's....
I could be wrong though...texas is pretty diverse.. and like most places is always changing...
I've lived and worked in Texas and if I live to retirement(can't handle their low wages right now) I actually intend to retire to the Hill Country area ,but there ARE some real card carrying idiots throughout the state right along with the good folks....They are easy to spot though and thus easy to avoid.

Last edited by Swampmonster; 06-28-2009 at 09:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 09:10 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Rats...

Well, if you guys change your mind down there in Texas rest assured that most of us would be okay with it...
As another Texan on this board, I can assure everyone Texas is going no where. Please try not judge Texas on the idiots we tend to elect as Governor. For those of you that do not know Teas politics, this state is, for all intents and purposes, run by the Lt. Governor, the Governor is more of a figurehead here than anything else. Problem is we keep electing, how should I put this, men of lower quality, hey blame the voters. Perry will not be around much longer KBH, is about boot him out and become the first female Governor of Texas. She is a Republican, but in my opinion she is one of the few true Republicans and will do just fine. Too bad the Repubs did not pick her instead of miss "You Betcha" they might have stood a better chance in their bid, heck should have run her instead of McSame. Who knows, becoming Governor of Texas might just be the begining of her rise. To any Repubs out there, might want to consider it, beats the other choices I, as an Independent, I have seen come from your Party lately.
Casper

Old 06-28-2009, 09:11 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,468,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
KBH, is about boot him out and become the first female Governor of Texas.
She'd be the third female governor of Texas actually.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
As another Texan on this board, I can assure everyone Texas is going no where. Please try not judge Texas on the idiots we tend to elect as Governor. For those of you that do not know Teas politics, this state is, for all intents and purposes, run by the Lt. Governor, the Governor is more of a figurehead here than anything else. Problem is we keep electing, how should I put this, men of lower quality, hey blame the voters. Perry will not be around much longer KBH, is about boot him out and become the first female Governor of Texas. She is a Republican, but in my opinion she is one of the few true Republicans and will do just fine. Too bad the Repubs did not pick her instead of miss "You Betcha" they might have stood a better chance in their bid, heck should have run her instead of McSame. Who knows, becoming Governor of Texas might just be the begining of her rise. To any Repubs out there, might want to consider it, beats the other choices I, as an Independent, I have seen come from your Party lately.
Casper
And it also beats working for a living too.....Hell,ol'Kinky even made a little splash in Texas politics....Billy Joe Shaver should run now that he shot a dude in the face for mouthing off to him in a beer joint.I'd vote for Shaver in a heart beat over ANYONE I've seen in politics in the last 8-9 yrs.

Old 06-29-2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
She'd be the third female governor of Texas actually.
Darn, my brain stopped working forgot about MA in 1933, I wasn't around but should have remembered my Texas history and of-course Ann, what a lady, she sure had Dubyas number, too bad the voters at the time did not. Looks like we will get a third, beats the alternatives we have been getting, I voted for Kinky last time around.
Casper

Old 06-29-2009, 05:52 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,561,459 times
Quote:
Texas put Bush/Cheney in my life for 8 years. It's hard to forgive something like that...
Texas didn't put him anywhere. The rest of the country helped as well.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Texas put Bush/Cheney in my life for 8 years. It's hard to forgive something like that...
The Nation did that to us, not Texas, we had already figured out he was lacking in skills as our governor. I was just as shocked as many others when he won the Whitehouse the first time. Sadly, I actually voted for him in his second bid, Kerry just had too many issues for me to vote for him and I do not like not voting at all. It will take Years to undue the damage Bush caused this nation, I doubt history will be very kind to him.
Casper

Old 06-29-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Darn, my brain stopped working forgot about MA in 1933, I wasn't around but should have remembered my Texas history and of-course Ann, what a lady, she sure had Dubyas number, too bad the voters at the time did not. Looks like we will get a third, beats the alternatives we have been getting, I voted for Kinky last time around.
Casper
SWEET!! I would have too had I still been down there.IMHO Ann Richards was the best judge of character and the most enjoyable person in politics to listen to talk as any there has ever been.She reminded me of my grandma and you did NOT pull any crap on MY grandma...she had EVERYONE'S number.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:14 PM

13 posts, read 22,633 times
this idea should be on he table!

Old 07-26-2009, 03:28 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas Gov. Rick Perry fired up an anti-tax "tea party" with his stance against the federal government and for states' rights. Perry told the Austin crowd Wednesday that officials in Washington have abandoned the country's founding principals. During his speech to hundreds in a U.S. flag-waving crowd, there were several shouts of "Secede!"

Perry suggested Texans might at some point get so fed up they would want to secede from the union.

Governor Says Texans May Want to Secede From Union But Probably Won't - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

Can the rest of us join? The middle strip of the country has agriculture, energy, technology, water, natural resources and essentially all the nukes. We actually have manufacturing remaining. I think that either coast is essentially baggage to the rest of us and we would be better off without them. There is a reason that Iowa has a very low unemployment rate and has not suffered as much as other states. 30 below keeps the riff-raff out. The only thing I would miss is oranges from California and Florida.

I know a couple of very well to do secessionists in Texas. They backed Obama with fairly large campaign contributions, as they felt he was the best chance to create a situation in which secession would be appealing to Texans. Looks like he is doing a good job in that regard. He might get it accomplished in his first for years. If not, certainly in his second term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies