Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 07:24 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,577,481 times

Advertisements

I do not like them! Where we used to live we had some neighbors that had one tied in their yard. I was terrified of that stupid thing. It looked like it wanted to kill me every time it looked at me. It would like snarl or something. I was afraid to take out he garbage because of that dog.

Thankfully they moved and took their damn dog with them.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:33 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,200,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Most people that own them or for that fact any dog should have a place in civilized society. Human idiots teach dogs to be mean and attack. No puppy is born like that!
Most dogs that have attack were abused and chained! Statistics do not lie. There are more lab/golden, shephard, chow, rotweiller, dobie, akita attacks than pitbulls by a mile.
Lets put it this way, man is more dangerous than a pitbull in some cases!
MV is one of them!

Watch Judge Joe Brown.

His chart clearly shows pit bulls are #1 in serious dog attacks on humans and Rottweilers are a distant #2.

Huge gap betweebn #2 and the rest of the breeds.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:42 PM

68 posts, read 221,067 times
Oh for gosh sakes. All this ranting and raving about pit bulls is upsetting my soul. Do you people think dogs are BORN to attack ??????? Dogs are TRAINED to attack. And if they are not TRAINED to attack they will attack out of FEAR. When a dog is chained, beaten or mistreated he will react in a negative manner if he manages to escape his torture and attack because most people if they see a pit bull they start waving their arms around and screaming and yelling and YES THE DOG WILL ATTACK out of fear. I am so sick and tired of this pit bull crap. Hey how about locking up these MONSTER humans who make these poor dogs so vicious !!!!! All the NEGATIVE attention these dogs get is pathetic. Just like anything else in the media. People would rather read negative things about an animal or a person than positive. DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE PIT BULL IN OHIO WHO TOOK NOT ONE BUT THREE ( 3 ), that's right THREE, BULLETS PROTECTING HIS FAMILY AND OH YES THEY HAVE CHILDREN OH NO A PIT BULL IN A HOME WITH CHILDREN LOCK THOSE PARENTS UP.....IDIOTS THAT'S WHAT THESE NEGATIVE COMMENT PEOPLE ARE, UNEDUCATED AND NO COMMON SENSE AND BRAINLESS. That pit bull I beleive his name was D BOY, took 3 bullets, after the intruder shot him once the dog kept going at him and after the intruder shot him twice he still kept going at him and after he shot him THREE times he still kept going at him. Now here is what I want to know. HOW MANY OF YOU ANTI PIT BULL BRAINERS WOULD DO THAT HUH ?????

I GUARANTEE NONE OF YOU. None of you would take ONE bullet and keep charging never mind three. There are many good stories about the breed but all you people want to do is focus on the bad. HEY HOW BOUT FOCUSING ON CHANGING THE LAWS AND PUTTING THESE LOW LIFES IN PRISON. You know the ones that chain, beat and starve these poor animals oh and FORCE them to fight. Born to fight. OMG

Old 07-30-2009, 10:46 PM

68 posts, read 221,067 times
Oh yeah I meant to post something to Dixie Chick 1972:

Hey did you ever think the dog was trying to get your HELP ??????? Chained in the back yard. Now ain't that just great. What wonderful owners those were. I'll bet that dogie had a great life out there ALL CHAINED UP.

YA SHOULDA CALLED THE DAMN HUMANE SOCIETY OR SOMETHING !!

Your comments regarding that poor dog are PITIFULL !!!!!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:07 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,665,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TITAN 777 View Post
Oh for gosh sakes. All this ranting and raving about pit bulls is upsetting my soul. Do you people think dogs are BORN to attack ??????? Dogs are TRAINED to attack. And if they are not TRAINED to attack they will attack out of FEAR. When a dog is chained, beaten or mistreated he will react in a negative manner if he manages to escape his torture and attack because most people if they see a pit bull they start waving their arms around and screaming and yelling and YES THE DOG WILL ATTACK out of fear. I am so sick and tired of this pit bull crap. Hey how about locking up these MONSTER humans who make these poor dogs so vicious !!!!! All the NEGATIVE attention these dogs get is pathetic. Just like anything else in the media. People would rather read negative things about an animal or a person than positive. DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE PIT BULL IN OHIO WHO TOOK NOT ONE BUT THREE ( 3 ), that's right THREE, BULLETS PROTECTING HIS FAMILY AND OH YES THEY HAVE CHILDREN OH NO A PIT BULL IN A HOME WITH CHILDREN LOCK THOSE PARENTS UP.....IDIOTS THAT'S WHAT THESE NEGATIVE COMMENT PEOPLE ARE, UNEDUCATED AND NO COMMON SENSE AND BRAINLESS. That pit bull I beleive his name was D BOY, took 3 bullets, after the intruder shot him once the dog kept going at him and after the intruder shot him twice he still kept going at him and after he shot him THREE times he still kept going at him. Now here is what I want to know. HOW MANY OF YOU ANTI PIT BULL BRAINERS WOULD DO THAT HUH ?????

I GUARANTEE NONE OF YOU. None of you would take ONE bullet and keep charging never mind three. There are many good stories about the breed but all you people want to do is focus on the bad. HEY HOW BOUT FOCUSING ON CHANGING THE LAWS AND PUTTING THESE LOW LIFES IN PRISON. You know the ones that chain, beat and starve these poor animals oh and FORCE them to fight. Born to fight. OMG
I agree, there are alot of ignorant people out there that listen to the news media's BS also.
Quote:
Oh yeah I meant to post something to Dixie Chick 1972:

Hey did you ever think the dog was trying to get your HELP ??????? Chained in the back yard. Now ain't that just great. What wonderful owners those were. I'll bet that dogie had a great life out there ALL CHAINED UP.

YA SHOULDA CALLED THE DAMN HUMANE SOCIETY OR SOMETHING !!

Your comments regarding that poor dog are PITIFULL !!!!!
I did not read it but I can only imagine. I am gonna stay out of this thread, too upsetting to read all this negativity about the poor pitbulls.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:12 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,979,976 times
Quote:

Yeah, one time I was visiting my sis and had to go up the stairs to use the bathroom at night, and I wouldn't want to be the unwelcome visitor with what welcomed me. That was a time to know those dogs, and they backed off within air's sniffing distance. Those dogs know when to love and when to wonder what the h**l you're doing in their master's space.

Note that these dogs have tolerated many visitors and fellow rescue dogs that were much smaller. If trained properly by people who can tell the difference between an invader and their own insecurity, these dogs can tell the difference.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:23 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,979,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieChick1972 View Post
I do not like them! Where we used to live we had some neighbors that had one tied in their yard. I was terrified of that stupid thing. It looked like it wanted to kill me every time it looked at me. It would like snarl or something. I was afraid to take out he garbage because of that dog.

Thankfully they moved and took their damn dog with them.
You just joined an over-sized club, called "my neighbors sucked". Try meeting a bull dog raised by humans and the fear will subside.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:44 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,282,499 times
the pit bull problem (what is man without the beasts?) - flash

Old 07-31-2009, 12:02 AM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
People who feel this way are ignorant, enough said!

Ignorant?

Do tell.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:21 AM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:

Sure, they're trained to kill in the same way blood hounds are trained to follow scent trails and pointers are trained to hunt. Breeding for a purpose is a waste of time. Any dog can be just as effective at following scent rails or hunting as any other. In fact, poodles are great fighting dogs and pit bulls are warm fuzzy family dogs that never attack people. That's why they are so popular by the way. They have such a wonderful temperament.

Dogs Bite Blog: Father's Pit Bull Named "Monster" Severely Mauls 5-Year Old Daughter - DogsBite.org

Dogs Bite Blog: Steelers Linebacker James Harrison's Pit Bull Attacks His Son - DogsBite.org

Dogs Bite Blog: Grandfather Uses Sledgehammer to Stop Pit Bull Attack on Grandson - DogsBite.org

Dogs Bite Blog: Surrey Family Agrees to Euthanize Pit Bull; At Some Point - DogsBite.org

Dogs Bite Blog: 2009 Fatality: 7-Month Old Boy Killed by Grandmother's Pit Bulls - DogsBite.org

Dogs Bite Blog: Pit Bull Type Dog -- Staffordshire Bull Terrier -- Attacks Baby - DogsBite.org

Dogs Bite Blog: 2008 Fatality: 2-Year Old Boy Killed in Clark County, Nevada - DogsBite.org

Dogs Bite Blog: Pit Bull-Mix Owner "Surprised" by Sudden Attack - DogsBite.org

Dogs Bite Blog: Family Dog Mauls Toddler in Ardmore, Oklahoma - DogsBite.org

Dogs Bite Blog: Two Children Attacked by Family Pit Bulls in Spokane - DogsBite.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies