Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 05:35 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
You live in a perverted land of the perverts;if you really think a 16-17 year old is grownup IMO.In msost satates it considered rape;plain and simple.
That is nonsense... sex between 16 or 17 year olds is NOT rape... and if it is legally rape in some states.. it is because religious nut-cases have pushed this legislation thru...

If that were the case when I was growing up - I , and most of my high school buddies - would have been arrested and sentenced to prision for having consentual sex with our girlfriends back then... Seems to me I was 16/17 at the time, as was she... we both thought it was wonderful.. not perverted... as do most teenagers today.

The religious right is very sexually repressed - always has been - always will be... which is fine by me ... just don't let them cram their morality down our throats - that's all...

Old 05-05-2009, 06:08 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,791,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Yes, but the rest of the Christian conservatives don't wish to force Christianity on everyone.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:18 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
That is nonsense... sex between 16 or 17 year olds is NOT rape... and if it is legally rape in some states.. it is because religious nut-cases have pushed this legislation thru...

If that were the case when I was growing up - I , and most of my high school buddies - would have been arrested and sentenced to prision for having consentual sex with our girlfriends back then... Seems to me I was 16/17 at the time, as was she... we both thought it was wonderful.. not perverted... as do most teenagers today.

The religious right is very sexually repressed - always has been - always will be... which is fine by me ... just don't let them cram their morality down our throats - that's all...
Sexual activity among teens should not be criminalized, but it should also be discouraged.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:30 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,788 times
Quote:
Sexual activity among teens should not be criminalized, but it should also be discouraged.
This is a statement that I can TOTALLY agree with!

Old 05-05-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
This is a statement that I can TOTALLY agree with!
What I'd like to see is more parents actually growing some balls and making clear that they do not approve of their kids having sex at young ages, but also stressing the need to use protection IF they must have sex.

I'd also like to see major reforms in sex ed programs in schools such as:

1) having a doctor, nurse, etc. talk to the kids about the different types of STD's, show pictures, etc.

2) objectively discuss what the major religions (not just Christianity) say about premarital sex

3) have a required "project" of babysitting an infant overnight at least one night (under their parents' supervision) or be required to carry some type of doll for several days that simulates crying at all hours, needing to be fed, dirty diapers, etc. - yes this applies to boys also

4) discussing financial, emotional, and social changes that come when you have children

5) talking about all contraceptives and their failure rates and making sure the kids know how to use them correctly (also making painfully clear that skipping even one day on the Pill can throw everything off)

6) discussing heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality and acceptance of everyone regardless of sexual orientation

7) discussing the emotional consequences of sex at young ages and at any age with a repeated series of different partners

Old 05-05-2009, 09:23 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,788 times
Quote:
What I'd like to see is more parents actually growing some balls and making clear that they do not approve of their kids having sex at young ages, but also stressing the need to use protection IF they must have sex.

1) having a doctor, nurse, etc. talk to the kids about the different types of STD's, show pictures, etc.

2) objectively discuss what the major religions (not just Christianity) say about premarital sex

3) have a required "project" of babysitting an infant overnight at least one night (under their parents' supervision) or be required to carry some type of doll for several days that simulates crying at all hours, needing to be fed, dirty diapers, etc. - yes this applies to boys also

4) discussing financial, emotional, and social changes that come when you have children

5) talking about all contraceptives and their failure rates and making sure the kids know how to use them correctly (also making painfully clear that skipping even one day on the Pill can throw everything off)

6) discussing heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality and acceptance of everyone regardless of sexual orientation

7) discussing the emotional consequences of sex at young ages and at any age with a repeated series of different partners
Terrific post! I do so wish that more people shared your attitued about these things. . . if they did, we could not only DRASTICALLY reduce the need for abortion, but also become a much better, kinder society! Kudo's to you!

Old 05-05-2009, 09:30 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
...The religious right is very sexually repressed - always has been - always will be... which is fine by me ... just don't let them cram their morality down our throats - that's all...
Sexual repression seems the main driving force of the wingnut goons, who are damned sure intent on forcing their so-called morality on the rest of us... that's about the only thing the 'base' has in it's platform and that's why the GOP is shrinking back to just that one bunch of losers.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:41 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,746 times
Quote:

I'd be willing to consider the above if , and only if, people would also be compelled to

- visit teenage mothers with multiple children that they didn't want to have, and get a true picture of what their life and their children's lives are like

- visit with a child-protection agency that would give an objective presentation on the abuse that these unwanted children are exposed to (show pictures etc), and the statistics on how many of these children end up runaways, in jail, or dead at an early age.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
I'd be willing to consider the above if , and only if, people would also be compelled to

- visit teenage mothers with multiple children that they didn't want to have, and get a true picture of what their life and their children's lives are like

- visit with a child-protection agency that would give an objective presentation on the abuse that these unwanted children are exposed to (show pictures etc), and the statistics on how many of these children end up runaways, in jail, or dead at an early age.
I get it...you support abortion.

That doesn't mean you should want more and more abortions to happen. The younger the age at which pregnancy occurs, the more likely a girl/woman is to have an abortion.

If all of these reforms occurred, two things would likely happen:

1) the incidents of teen sex would be reduced, though certainly not eliminiated

2) the number of young people using protection and, thus, not getting pregnant at all would increase

These two things would lead to far LESS abortions, regardless of whether abortion continued to be legal or was made illegal.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:59 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,981 times
Quote:
I get it...you support abortion.

That doesn't mean you should want more and more abortions to happen. The younger the age at which pregnancy occurs, the more likely a girl/woman is to have an abortion.

If all of these reforms occurred, two things would likely happen:

1) the incidents of teen sex would be reduced, though certainly not eliminiated

2) the number of young people using protection and, thus, not getting pregnant at all would increase

These two things would lead to far LESS abortions, regardless of whether abortion continued to be legal or was made illegal.
I'm just trying to get you to be more open-minded...

Your several step plan was totally and completely biased towards the pro-life side...

I simply posted a few steps that were more on the pro-choice side... to even things out a bit...

That's all....

And YES, I think a woman should have a right to an abortion - not an unlimited right - but with far fewer restrictions than you would be comfortable with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies