Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 07:16 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,394,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Isn't that what you mean by this?
I meant that they complain about the government meddling with their private lives then they go out of their way to make their private lives public.

Have you visited the forums at CD?

Old 05-08-2009, 07:18 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,519,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
Why do they need to be exposed to it. They should be taught to be tolerant in general not in specific. Just as they should tolerate gays, they should tolerate Christians. Should California history books start identifying that certain personalities in the book are Christian or Buddhist or Atheist or...?

It's irrelevant to the conversation at hand. Why do California kids need to know that certain people in the book are gay? If a mathematician was gay will we be adding homosexuality to math books?

Perhaps you should have taken a second to actually read my previous post. I already answered that question.
Uh, the history books do identify some personalities as Christian, Buddhist, etc.

If a mathematician was gay, then why would there be a reason to add his/her sexual orientation?? They might, idk.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:57 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,738,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
When will it come to America?
Your school tells you, yes we are going to introduce homosexuality to your children whether you like it or not!

You say, these are my children and I decide what they will be exposed to, school replies ,OK see you in court!

They try to say the prosecutions are for missing school, but the real reason is that people basically told them to screw off, trying to indoctrinate their children!

When it comes to your child's school what will you do??

Christian and Muslim Parents Facing Possible Criminal Charges for Opting Out of LGBT History Month
That is twisted.......

Old 05-08-2009, 08:02 PM

61,255 posts, read 87,660,536 times
clever well organized people have found with some good legal advice you can get the schools to dance any tune you want. the 1st group was NAACP, the rest have followed suit. it was never the intent of NAACP to criminalize the schools but that is what happened. martin luther king would not like what i now see in the schools. he was a christian minister.
i have a dream.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:03 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,602,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
I meant that they complain about the government meddling with their private lives then they go out of their way to make their private lives public.

Have you visited the forums at CD?
What?? Have YOU been on the forum? Clearly, all the threads started on this forum about gay rights are about the rights of gays to get married. Clearly. I don't recall any threads that are specifically talking about gay sex, come on you're stretching here.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:05 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,742,257 times
Quote:
What?? Have YOU been on the forum? Clearly, all the threads started on this forum about gay rights are about the rights of gays to get married. Clearly. I don't recall any threads that are specifically talking about gay sex, come on you're stretching here.
Some people are so sensitive that just hearing the word "gay" equates to hearing "sexually explicit language".

Old 05-08-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Some people are so sensitive that just hearing the word "gay" equates to hearing "sexually explicit language".
Then guess what? That is THEIR problem, isn't it? I am almost to the point where I am just DONE w/this. It's become pointless. I don't know how you do it. Sorry

Old 05-08-2009, 08:27 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,742,257 times
Quote:
Then guess what? That is THEIR problem, isn't it? I am almost to the point where I am just DONE w/this. It's become pointless. I don't know how you do it. Sorry
Oh, dear. You need to keep it all in perspective. ANYBODY can jump on these forums and post whatever they want. I keep in mind that this forum is not my "real life".

Also, use your ignore list. There's no reason to read posts from people who you know are either crazy or who send your blood pressure and heart rate to dangerous levels.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Oh, dear. You need to keep it all in perspective. ANYBODY can jump on these forums and post whatever they want. I keep in mind that this forum is not my "real life".

Also, use your ignore list. There's no reason to read posts from people who you know are either crazy or who send your blood pressure and heart rate to dangerous levels.
Sorry AUM, had a bit of a hotflash back there, lol. You totally reminded me of my best friend when you said "oh dear", I suspect that is what slapped me in the face & brought me back to the present. I apologize for my rant. Yes, you are correct, I need to keep this stupid forum in perspective. Sigh, it's hard to do when I'm on here constantly, lol. Yes, I'm obsessed! Time to get a new hobby.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:43 PM

3,920 posts, read 3,657,788 times
This thread is just way to full of personal attacks and negative responses. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies