Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 11:42 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,730,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
It is also important for gays to be more circumspect about their preferred sexuality and bedroom activities in public. They may get more "sympathy" with a less lavish soliloquay.
What does that have to do with teaching history as it relates to gay people? Nothing as far as I can tell.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:43 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,967,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithAllDueRespect View Post
"Sexuality" can be taken two ways: Sexual preference for male or female. Or you could use it to encompass your sexual habits, not necessarily having to do with the gender of your partner.

You really didn't explain which one you meant but that was not the point of my post only the first sentence. Did you think about anything else that I said?
I read your post. Evidently you missed post #34 on this thread.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:46 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,815,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
So the gay movement has nothing to do with sex? Have you ever witnessed a gay pride parade...don't tell me sex doesn't play a prominant role in the gay lifestyle. Have your kids watch Gay Sex in the 70's...try it out if you think most gays are wholesome and monogomous. Then you'll get to see why the aids virus spread as rapidly as it did back in the 80's and 90's. Sorry but devoting an entire month to homosexual causes is NOT acceptable! If they want to discuss homosexuality in a sex ed course or health class then so be it, but let's not devote an antire month to the gay and lesbian agenda while we strip away religious freedoms and patriotism from our schools. We can't have it both ways.
So I guess every person that participates in a gay pride parade represents every gay person?
Just like every beer bellied heterosexual male homophobe represents every straight male?

Have you ever seen small town gay pride parades?
People walk around in their jeans and t-shirts.
For every guy you see in leather chaps with his ***** out, there are two more gay guys who are in their every day wear and they might even have their son or daughter with them.

Sex is a huge part of MOST humans lives, gay or straight. Don't make it seem like gay people are just oversexed. Think about it...men are more promiscuous than women and if you have two guys together... Of course not all gay men are like this just like not every straight male sleeps with a bunch of women but on average men have more sexual partners than women.

How are religious freedom and patriotism being stripped away from American public schools?

Old 05-08-2009, 11:48 AM

79 posts, read 96,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
So the gay movement has nothing to do with sex? Have you ever witnessed a gay pride parade...don't tell me sex doesn't play a prominant role in the gay lifestyle. Have your kids watch Gay Sex in the 70's...try it out if you think most gays are wholesome and monogomous. Then you'll get to see why the aids virus spread as rapidly as it did back in the 80's and 90's. Sorry but devoting an entire month to homosexual causes is NOT acceptable! If they want to discuss homosexuality in a sex ed course or health class then so be it, but let's not devote an antire month to the gay and lesbian agenda while we strip away religious freedoms and patriotism from our schools. We can't have it both ways.
Sex plays a prominent role in ALL humans. I don't know about you but I LOVE sex.

However I hope that when I die my historical importance will not be reduced to the freaky stuff I do in bed.

I don't need to watch a movie about gays. I actually know gay people. I will base my opinions off of my personal experiences, not a movie thanks.

From that experience I have found that GLBT people are just like us, just as moral, just as family oriented, just as worthy of historical recognition. I personally don't think it is fair to look at one group of people in one setting and apply that stereotype to every GLBT person in the world.

That just seems very ignorant to me.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
So I guess every person that participates in a gay pride parade represents every gay person?
Just like every beer bellied heterosexual male homophobe represents every straight male?

Have you ever seen small town gay pride parades?
People walk around in their jeans and t-shirts.
For every guy you see in leather chaps with his ***** out, there are two more gay guys who are in their every day wear and they might even have their son or daughter with them.

Sex is a huge part of MOST humans lives, gay or straight. Don't make it seem like gay people are just oversexed. Think about it...men are more promiscuous than women and if you have two guys together... Of course not all gay men are like this just like not every straight male sleeps with a bunch of women but on average men have more sexual partners than women.

How are religious freedom and patriotism being stripped away from American public schools?
I completely agree. This story isn't even about the US school systems. It is amazing how people do not get all the information before they start ranting about the end of the world brought on by the gays.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:51 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,815,942 times
Quote:
Sex plays a prominent role in ALL humans. I don't know about you but I LOVE sex.

However I hope that when I die my historical importance will not be reduced to the freaky stuff I do in bed.

I don't need to watch a movie about gays. I actually know gay people. I will base my opinions off of my personal experiences, not a movie thanks.

From that experience I have found that GLBT people are just like us, just as moral, just as family oriented, just as worthy of historical recognition. I personally don't think it is fair to look at one group of people in one setting and apply that stereotype to every GLBT person in the world.

That just seems very ignorant to me.

The part in bold made me LOL.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:51 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,730,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
And that's what ignorance does to people. They have very little information to go on, so they just pull the most vivid images they've got from their minds and decide that everyone in that group must act that way too. You know you're dealing with an ignoramus when you hear things like that.

This is why it's important for kids to learn that some historical figures were gay. Otherwise, they just grow up and belch out the same old ignorant lines whenever they hear the word "gay".

Old 05-08-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I read your post. Evidently you missed post #34 on this thread.
I don't read every post. but since you identified that particular one I will definitely look at it.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:56 AM

To DC:

I read the post that you were referring to. I see exactly what you mean and I think we agree. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Sorry I gave you a hard time.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:58 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,967,336 times
Quote:
To DC:

I read the post that you were referring to. I see exactly what you mean and I think we agree. Thanks for pointing that out to me. Sorry I gave you a hard time.

It's all good. We're all sharing our opinions here, and even developing some of those opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies