Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:48 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,967,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WithAllDueRespect View Post
I'm not sure what definition of sexuality you are using, but I can't imagine that a talk about a historical figure and their accomplishments would lead to a discussion of where that historical figure puts his penis.

Being gay is about preferences in the sex of who you love. You don't need to go into mechanics at all. When children talk about straight people it doesn't automatically lead to a discussion of straight sex. And the reason for that is that sex is only a part of a relationship with another person, you should not define a person by what kind of sex they have.

FDR married his cousin. Most of us would find that repulsive, yet we do not bar children from learning about him. I also don't recall any children in my classes asking how he got it on if he was wheelchair bound.

So in summary, I can't see how the subject would lead to talking about gay sex. Children are usually pretty open minded until their parents brainwash them with hatred.
I clarified exactly what I meant.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:53 AM

18,163 posts, read 15,685,947 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what definition of sexuality you are using, but I can't imagine that a talk about a historical figure and their accomplishments would lead to a discussion of where that historical figure puts his penis.

Being gay is about preferences in the sex of who you love. You don't need to go into mechanics at all. When children talk about straight people it doesn't automatically lead to a discussion of straight sex. And the reason for that is that sex is only a part of a relationship with another person, you should not define a person by what kind of sex they have.

FDR married his cousin. Most of us would find that repulsive, yet we do not bar children from learning about him. I also don't recall any children in my classes asking how he got it on if he was wheelchair bound.

So in summary, I can't see how the subject would lead to talking about gay sex. Children are usually pretty open minded until their parents brainwash them with hatred.
'Parents brainwash them with hatred'. And the solution to this perceived problem is that the schools need to step in and take over? I guess all we 'hateful' parents just need to trust in the State to teach our children what is right and wrong? I have seen many kids over the years who's parents have taught them in a manner I do not subscribe to, but I cannot conscience sticking my nose into their business, unless the child is being abused. It's certainly not the job of teachers and the school administration, to judge parents for their beliefs. That is FAR to much power.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:11 AM

207 posts, read 243,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
When will it come to America?
Your school tells you, yes we are going to introduce homosexuality to your children whether you like it or not!

You say, these are my children and I decide what they will be exposed to, school replies ,OK see you in court!

They try to say the prosecutions are for missing school, but the real reason is that people basically told them to screw off, trying to indoctrinate their children!

When it comes to your child's school what will you do??

Christian and Muslim Parents Facing Possible Criminal Charges for Opting Out of LGBT History Month

If it's only teaching "these were gay people...this is what they did" ...I see no reason people should be able to "opt out" of it. Its the same reason I don't believe KKK members should be allowed to "opt out" of black history month.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:12 AM

207 posts, read 243,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
There is a LGBT month now? I am all for gay marriage, but I don't like how they are targeting schools and young kids.

With all this PC stuff going on, I almost feel like it is too much to ask the schools to teach children math, science, reading, and writing.

....what about that other subject...uh yeah...HISTORY! Which means everyones history not just the straight white Christian's history.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:17 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,763,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
As does the God panic in public schools...
Funny thing about that...gays, lesbians, and bisexuals can be proven to exist. Your god? Nah.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:20 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,596,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
When will it come to America?
Your school tells you, yes we are going to introduce homosexuality to your children whether you like it or not!

You say, these are my children and I decide what they will be exposed to, school replies ,OK see you in court!

They try to say the prosecutions are for missing school, but the real reason is that people basically told them to screw off, trying to indoctrinate their children!

When it comes to your child's school what will you do??

Christian and Muslim Parents Facing Possible Criminal Charges for Opting Out of LGBT History Month
I don't have kids, thank christ! But if I did, I could care less if they were taught sexuality, homosexuality, heterosexuality, safe sex, whatever in school.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:24 AM

79 posts, read 96,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
'Parents brainwash them with hatred'. And the solution to this perceived problem is that the schools need to step in and take over? I guess all we 'hateful' parents just need to trust in the State to teach our children what is right and wrong? I have seen many kids over the years who's parents have taught them in a manner I do not subscribe to, but I cannot conscience sticking my nose into their business, unless the child is being abused. It's certainly not the job of teachers and the school administration, to judge parents for their beliefs. That is FAR to much power.
You obviously don't know what the subject is here. No one is teaching kids about homosexuality. They are going to learn about historical figures who happen to be GLBT.

I would say that it is religious parents who want schools to leave whole chunks out of historical lessons who are overstepping and sticking their nose into other peoples' morality.

My child has every right to learn about GLBT history. If you want to shelter you children from reality you should school them at home. Most of us would like our children to get the most information possible from their history lessons.

If you tried to keep my child from learning a particular subject in school just because you don't want YOUR child to learn it, I would accuse you of the very thing you seem to be against.

Good job ignoring all of my other points though. You seem very openminded.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:31 AM

79 posts, read 96,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I clarified exactly what I meant.
"Sexuality" can be taken two ways: Sexual preference for male or female. Or you could use it to encompass your sexual habits, not necessarily having to do with the gender of your partner.

You really didn't explain which one you meant but that was not the point of my post only the first sentence. Did you think about anything else that I said?

Old 05-08-2009, 11:36 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,730,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
The fact they were doesn't have anything to do with their masterpieces. Plus, that fact could be easily slipped in to a history course if of must be taught, just like I remember being taught Alexander the Great was gay. No need to dedicate a whole month to it, putting gays on some kind of pedestal.
At least you're addressing the point. Thank you for that. Many others here see "gay" and immediately think they're teaching boys how to have anal sex with each other.

Old 05-08-2009, 11:39 AM

10,184 posts, read 20,830,400 times
Quote:
You obviously don't know what the subject is here. No one is teaching kids about homosexuality. They are going to learn about historical figures who happen to be GLBT.

I would say that it is religious parents who want schools to leave whole chunks out of historical lessons who are overstepping and sticking their nose into other peoples' morality.

My child has every right to learn about GLBT history. If you want to shelter you children from reality you should school them at home. Most of us would like our children to get the most information possible from their history lessons.

If you tried to keep my child from learning a particular subject in school just because you don't want YOUR child to learn it, I would accuse you of the very thing you seem to be against.

Good job ignoring all of my other points though. You seem very openminded.
So the gay movement has nothing to do with sex? Have you ever witnessed a gay pride parade...don't tell me sex doesn't play a prominant role in the gay lifestyle. Have your kids watch Gay Sex in the 70's...try it out if you think most gays are wholesome and monogomous. Then you'll get to see why the aids virus spread as rapidly as it did back in the 80's and 90's. Sorry but devoting an entire month to homosexual causes is NOT acceptable! If they want to discuss homosexuality in a sex ed course or health class then so be it, but let's not devote an antire month to the gay and lesbian agenda while we strip away religious freedoms and patriotism from our schools. We can't have it both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies