Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:42 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,962,697 times

Advertisements

When will it come to America?
Your school tells you, yes we are going to introduce homosexuality to your children whether you like it or not!

You say, these are my children and I decide what they will be exposed to, school replies ,OK see you in court!

They try to say the prosecutions are for missing school, but the real reason is that people basically told them to screw off, trying to indoctrinate their children!

When it comes to your child's school what will you do??

Christian and Muslim Parents Facing Possible Criminal Charges for Opting Out of LGBT History Month

Old 05-07-2009, 09:45 PM

654 posts, read 466,863 times
There is a LGBT month now? I am all for gay marriage, but I don't like how they are targeting schools and young kids.

With all this PC stuff going on, I almost feel like it is too much to ask the schools to teach children math, science, reading, and writing.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:54 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,693,492 times
...and the homosexual panic continues...

Old 05-07-2009, 09:59 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,581,372 times
It depends on what they are teaching my children.

If they are just telling my children that there are people who are homosexual, I would be fine with that. But if they tell my child they have to accept it, I would be angry because nobody tells my child what to do.

Personally, I am for gay marriage. No doubt about it.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:00 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,014,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
When will it come to America?
Your school tells you, yes we are going to introduce homosexuality to your children whether you like it or not!

You say, these are my children and I decide what they will be exposed to, school replies ,OK see you in court!

They try to say the prosecutions are for missing school, but the real reason is that people basically told them to screw off, trying to indoctrinate their children!

When it comes to your child's school what will you do??

Christian and Muslim Parents Facing Possible Criminal Charges for Opting Out of LGBT History Month

I am a gay man and don't think that children should be learning about sexual relationships. That being said, I think that the muzzies in the article were over-reacting.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:01 PM

654 posts, read 466,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
...and the homosexual panic continues...
Nope, no panic, but nice strawman. Some people actually prefer children being taught school material, not material pushed by a special interest group.

I have been persecuted for atheism, but I wouldn't push for an "atheist awareness month", but it would be cool to have a Carl Sagan Day.

We should be having math month, science month, literature month, history month, etc. Just my $0.02.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:04 PM

654 posts, read 1,211,574 times
American public education at it's finest. Who cares if math and science scores are falling, and the number of dropouts is increasing? What our schools really need to do is dedicate some time to teach students about different types of sexual activities. Is it any wonder that the education system in this country is a laughingstock and that many of our industries are failing?

Political correctness is absolutely destroying this country.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:06 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,292,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
American public education at it's finest. Who cares if math and science scores are falling, and the number of dropouts is increasing? What our schools really need to do is dedicate some time to teach students about different types of sexual activities. Is it any wonder that the education system in this country is a laughingstock and that many of our industries are failing?

Political correctness is absolutely destroying this country.
Um, it's in the UK, not the US.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:09 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,490,123 times
I'm for the option of homeschooling for parents who are terrified of their kids being exposed to all these scary "modern ideas" like homosexuality. (This is not any sort of sexually explicit discussion, any more than it is when kids' books talk about heterosexual marriages.)

As far as kids who do go to public (state) schools, they need to be in school. If the parents have issues with what they are learning, see the previous paragraph.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:15 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,693,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
Who cares if math and science scores are falling, and the number of dropouts is increasing? What our schools really need to do is dedicate some time to teach students about different types of sexual activities.
This is a good example of the panic I'm referring to. There's nothing about a a GLBT History Month that includes teaching kids about sexual activities. Where did you get that idea?

Even I'm dubious about having an LGBT History Month, but at least I'm not in a panic over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies