Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2010, 12:30 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,414,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantel View Post
The same reasons asian and middle eastern people do.
i saw a asian women with her black boyfriend today while waking down soho which will be the 50th interracial Asian/black couple i saw in nyc in like 1 year alone.

so elaborate for me please.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
lol honestly.. most immigrants hate US blacks.. this includes african immigrants. my sister's co worker came here from Eritrea, and she says that before her family came here they already had a negative view about U.S blacks. she said that when she moved here she had this irrational fear of black people, if she was out at night and saw black people she'd get all tense n clutch her purse lol
most if not all hispanic immigrants have negative views of black people. old latinos don't like blacks
same with caribbean people. a lot of jamaicans , haitians , bajans hate black americans. i wont even lie my mom is sadly part of that.

i always have to talk to my mom about her ignorant views smh. at the end of the day no matter where you from either being a black latino , the Caribbean or African, or any place in the world where your super dark/black you will get viewed the same as a black person.

no one of another race walking down the street has the time to ask if your an immigrant black so they can let you slide before stereotyping you.

so black immigrants hating on black Americans is just pure retardness.

cause here in nyc , you got your african and west indian thugs/goons that will rob you just as fast. don't sleep please and assume only black americans are doing the robbings.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkindravens View Post
well - imo, its because of a two-way problem: many hispanics (esp in miami) are by default pretty racist, hell latin america is often very racist towards blacks so its not too difficult to see the connection. Thus many cubans for example see a black person and automatically assume (negro! peligro! socorro!) that they're gonna cause trouble, they never even give them a chance. I also know that many cubans look down on black skin - it represents that "undesirable" side of cuba = the whole part that they fled (ie- opening habana, castro etc) so they hate black because their skin is black (yes...absurd). Blacks on the other hand don't help their cause- the area where I live in miami, almost everytime i see a black person, they're following some "unfair" stereotype that people have "mislabeled" them with: they're loud, rude, obnoxious, no manners, crass, vulgar, and dress like trash (either dirty or nice clothes but slutty). I rarely meet a "normal" black person - ie friendly, open, clean and polite - and its so rare that when I do it surprises me, its like im taken aback or something.

Since many hispanics (like cubans for example in MIA) don't live in black neighborhoods and vice versa (my HS= like 1% black, 98% hispanic and like idk 2 white girls lol) - they never mingle and they grow farther and farther apart. Most of the crime here that i catch on the local news seems to have a disproportionately high number of blacks, sometime its all i see - makes many cubans associate blacks with crime/drugs/shootings. Blacks- many assume hispanics are going to hate them anyways and look down upon them/mistreat them, so many already get defensive (understandably so) and avoid hispanics because they know thats just trouble looking for a place to happen.

That being said, i have np going to la pequena habana, hialeah or sweetwater and feeling totally safe. I guess im in my element. I do however avoid carol city/overtown/miami gardens/opa-locka and other mostly black places cuz i don't feel safe there - even driving through (its just the truth) - its not my element. What I sometimes wonder is - do blacks feel comfortable around mainly hispanic areas of miami - or do they also feel that sense of like...nervousness? If they did, it would mean thats its a pretty messed up cycle - but it shows that that cycle does exist.
your post is strange because the aveage person will tell you little havana , and hialeah are no walk in the park neither. cause i know a puerto rican girl who lived in both places and she told me little havana is a ghetto(or at least the part she stayed in)

and also you need to leave miami , because most blacks in america do not act the way you say they act in miami.

i know my black family members in miami/west palm beach are not ghetto , loud , obnoxious , and dirty dressers.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRpeaceandlove View Post
To be clear the majority of people in Brazil are as black as the average black American if we are talking DNA. And they are mistreated by the Brazilian racist White Supremacist system.
actually brazil is so mixed race that the racism now has become light mix/white vs dark mix/black.

but i believe in a few years brazils black/black mix population will be the majority of the country.

so if Brazil really has that white supremacist system it better let go of it now.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:38 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
actually brazil is so mixed race that the racism now has become light mix/white vs dark mix/black.

but i believe in a few years brazils black/black mix population will be the majority of the country.

so if Brazil really has that white supremacist system it better let go of it now.
In a few years? It's already like that now. Brazil is 80% black/brown/tan mixed.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:42 AM

3 posts, read 8,835 times
Unhappy this is so sad but true

these spanish people pretend they dont speak english..........they always say me speak no english............which is very sad its obvious they dont want to bother with us and therefor i will never vote for one in office............i would rather live near beautiful black people than these folks anyday

Old 10-05-2010, 07:00 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTOSFLA View Post
I never experienced racism from a hispanic until i came to south florida....i just find it odd. Can someone explain it me or break it down to me like a 3 year old....
I grew up in Miami, so this is a very emotional subject for me, so I can only speak from my own personal experience.

When Cubans first came to Miami in early '60's, they were frankly the very rich ones that Castro overthrew. They acted like they were a "higher class" that deserved better than to live in America's middle class suburban block homes. I was told this personally by Cuban children. They were disappointed with their new lives, even though America gave them everything to get started, including interest-free business loans. (Frankly, Cuban exiles have received more benefits than any American, more than any immigrant before them, so it outrages me when I see Tea Partiers go against entitlements for Americans & legal immigrants.) They always wanted to go back to Cuba, at the expense of American soldiers of course. They hated JFK for not doing that for them. They looked down on white Americans in the middle class neighborhoods, and they looked down on the black Americans in Liberty City neighborhoods at the time (neighborhoods were more segregated back then.) But the white Americans and black Americans in Miami both had something in common, the Cuban businessman was becoming "the man" and looked down on all Americans in Miami, and gradually would not speak English to us even in public places of business. Many Americans moved out of Miami because of this, we could no longer communicate in our daily lives.

So the Cuban exiles and their descendants that you see in Miami are very different from other Hispanics, as they do not come from humble beginnings. They were the ones in power in a Banana Republica, an oligarchy in Cuba. That is why you will rarely see a black Cuban in Miami, they all stayed in Cuba because they were the ones underfoot , in poverty near slavery, of the wealthy hispanic Cubans that Castro overthrew. That is why you experience racism from Cubans in Miami rather than from other hispanics.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:29 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,241,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
lol honestly.. most immigrants hate US blacks.. this includes african immigrants. my sister's co worker came here from Eritrea, and she says that before her family came here they already had a negative view about U.S blacks. she said that when she moved here she had this irrational fear of black people, if she was out at night and saw black people she'd get all tense n clutch her purse lol
most if not all hispanic immigrants have negative views of black people. old latinos don't like blacks
If this is the case, then blacks probably stand to lose the most with increased diversity, not white people.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:21 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,623,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkindravens View Post
well - imo, its because of a two-way problem: many hispanics (esp in miami) are by default pretty racist, hell latin america is often very racist towards blacks so its not too difficult to see the connection. Thus many cubans for example see a black person and automatically assume (negro! peligro! socorro!) that they're gonna cause trouble, they never even give them a chance. I also know that many cubans look down on black skin - it represents that "undesirable" side of cuba = the whole part that they fled (ie- opening habana, castro etc) so they hate black because their skin is black (yes...absurd). Blacks on the other hand don't help their cause- the area where I live in miami, almost everytime i see a black person, they're following some "unfair" stereotype that people have "mislabeled" them with: they're loud, rude, obnoxious, no manners, crass, vulgar, and dress like trash (either dirty or nice clothes but slutty). I rarely meet a "normal" black person - ie friendly, open, clean and polite - and its so rare that when I do it surprises me, its like im taken aback or something.

Since many hispanics (like cubans for example in MIA) don't live in black neighborhoods and vice versa (my HS= like 1% black, 98% hispanic and like idk 2 white girls lol) - they never mingle and they grow farther and farther apart. Most of the crime here that i catch on the local news seems to have a disproportionately high number of blacks, sometime its all i see - makes many cubans associate blacks with crime/drugs/shootings. Blacks- many assume hispanics are going to hate them anyways and look down upon them/mistreat them, so many already get defensive (understandably so) and avoid hispanics because they know thats just trouble looking for a place to happen.

That being said, i have np going to la pequena habana, hialeah or sweetwater and feeling totally safe. I guess im in my element. I do however avoid carol city/overtown/miami gardens/opa-locka and other mostly black places cuz i don't feel safe there - even driving through (its just the truth) - its not my element. What I sometimes wonder is - do blacks feel comfortable around mainly hispanic areas of miami - or do they also feel that sense of like...nervousness? If they did, it would mean thats its a pretty messed up cycle - but it shows that that cycle does exist.
Couldn't have said it better myself!!! Here in DC, I have some gay friends who live in the barrio and they say they are much more comfortable living there, than in a majority black neighborhood. Most of the immigrants don't bother you. But they say that when in a black ghetto, they are too worried about crime and just petty remarks and problems with the black neighbors.
I have also heard and seen myself many times black teens heckling gay couples when coming in and out of the metro stations. I have never heard of any other ethnic group doing that. Yes, I know there are many honest, polite hard working blacks. But the rude, loud, troublemakers seem to be overpowering the others with their behavior. I'm not saying it's right or fair to judge the whole based on a majority, but it's the reality.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:32 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
There is a "benefit" to non-Black minorities to embrace the established caste system which places Blacks on "the bottom" in America.

In my personal experience, growing up Black in an upper middle class Black area of Los Angeles, I have always noticed that other racial minorities have an overt attitude of "we should at least be doing better than a Black person". In their minds, Black people are not "supposed" to do better, earn better, have better, or live better than they do.

It is in the best interest of Hispanics and Asians to play upon the "model minority" stereotype regardless of its truthfulness. In the parts of the country that have very small populations of Hispanics and Asians, this stereotype is able to remain unchallenged. In a city like Los Angeles, the crime activities of non-Black minorities is undeniable and unavoidable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies