Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2010, 01:22 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackguy123 View Post
That is entirley wrong, the Majority of Brazillians are white, European ancestry is dominant in Brazil.
Nah. Most Brazilians - more than 50% - are white, black AND Native, or white/Native. Those who are white alone are about 30%. Black/white are about 20%; just African about 5%. Asians and Native alone make up the rest.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
That is a bunch of crap, and what rock did you just crawl out of. There is always going to be racism going on in this Country, and many different forms of racism. But i know Blacks and Hispanics who get along perfectly fine, and i know some who are married, so your profound theory, does not hold water. There are always exceptions to every rule, and most will side in with their nationality, but that does not mean that they hate either unless your absoutely ignorant to the core. Being Italian mainly with some Spanish means nothing at all, Because i was born in this Country as an American, i feel the same way about White Americans as i do black, mind your own damn business, abide by the laws, be a good fellow human being to those around you, don't act as a big shot, and commit crimes, and by my book, your doing pretty good. At least in this Country i happen to know blacks and hispanics who get along very well, and they are all younger, and yes some have married. I feel that the majority of people who truly hate blacks is probably smaller then we think, we have a hefty population out there, i feel it is more economic the way people feel about blacks, but hey there are hispanics out there doing the same things as the blacks.
What are these things these Hispanics and Blacks are doing? You mean paying taxes, working two jobs, raising kids to be upstanding citizens, never getting in trouble with the law, volunteering in the community, giving to charity? Those things? I am African American and Cuban, and that's what I do.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:26 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,454,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Legal immigrants are also VETTED for prior criminal activity before they receive a visa to come here...........
All the more reason why you can't compare immigrant groups to the native population. That's the point.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:27 PM

582 posts, read 2,039,421 times
It' the Cubans. For the most part Hispanic's get along very well with Black people. My best friend is black and we are very tight..Some Cubans think they are white.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:34 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,843,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
All the more reason why you can't compare immigrant groups to the native population. That's the point.
LOL, I know, I was just reinforcing your argument As I've said before the USA has enough "home grown" with a proclivity to the criminal side, they don't need to import any.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:42 PM

686 posts, read 1,699,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I agree with the Native and mestizo; the vast majority of people in the Spanish-speaking Americas are either mixed white/Native or just Native. But there are very few straight-up whites in Latin America.

well, many white latin americans may have a little admixure but to me if their mostly white and want to claim white i don't have a problem with it.

Venezuela and Colombia are mostly mestizo and mulatto, with some zambo (African-Native) and African people; whites, again, are a minority.
Venezuela and Colombia are both 50% or more indian/white mixed or Indian(mestizo) with an equal size white and afro population. It's interesting how diverse their population is.

But there are still more white latins/hispanics than afro.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:55 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,454,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
LOL, I know, I was just reinforcing your argument As I've said before the USA has enough "home grown" with a proclivity to the criminal side, they don't need to import any.
Ah ok. My bad!

Old 10-12-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Venezuela and Colombia are both 50% or more indian/white mixed or Indian(mestizo) with an equal size white and afro population. It's interesting how diverse their population is.

But there are still more white latins/hispanics than afro.

Depends on where you are. In Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, even Mexico or Peru, yeah. In Panama, Dom Rep., Cuba, PR, no.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:37 PM

686 posts, read 1,699,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Depends on where you are. In Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, even Mexico or Peru, yeah. In Panama, Dom Rep., Cuba, PR, no.

well, Cuba has alot of whites, 37% of cuba is white and at one time it was mostly white, Panama is mostly mestizo and black, PR has aot of whites (including my moms family who's from there) but tri racials make the largest group there. DR has it's fair share of whites too. but in general there are more white hispanics/latinos than afro hispanics/latinos.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
well, Cuba has alot of whites, 37% of cuba is white and at one time it was mostly white.
37% is no majority. It's true that there used to be more white Cubans, but many of them went to Miami.

Quote:
Panama is mostly mestizo and black,
True.

Quote:
PR has aot of whites (including my moms family who's from there) but tri racials make the largest group there.
Yes, most PRs are black, white and Taino. I have been there many times and am surprised at how white the place is. But still less than 50% of the people are of European descent.

Quote:
DR has it's fair share of whites too. but in general there are more white hispanics/latinos than afro hispanics/latinos.
DR is only 15% white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies