Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,850,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
A universal health system run by the government who has the very fat cats right in their little pockets.
As it stands the Fat Cats have the Govt eating out of their hands because, quite simply, Big Companies run America.
Obama stood for change in Washington and was given a clear mandate by the American people to enact change.
A UHC would be a huge step towards putting control in the hands of the people and taking it away from the obscene CEO's with their massive bonuses etc. If a Govt is not handling the Health, school or economy of the country properly, they can be voted out. If a CEO destroys a company he gets a multi million dollar payout...... Big Difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 05:53 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Want a Universal Health Insurance program run by the Government?
Then, do it the right way.

Get Members of Congress to author a Constitutional Amendment, pass it, and send it on to the States for ratification. If the States ratify it, then have at it.

Do it the right way - or not at all.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
A UHC would be a huge step towards putting control in the hands of the people and taking it away from the obscene CEO's with their massive bonuses etc.
Obama campaigned on a platform of NO UHC.

How would you now justify him changing?

Old 05-13-2009, 06:57 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Obama campaigned on a platform of NO UHC.

How would you now justify him changing?
Here's what Obama said:

"So here's what I would do. If you've got health care already, and probably the majority of you do, then you can keep your plan if you are satisfied with it. You can keep your choice of doctor. We're going to work with your employer to lower the cost of your premiums by up to $2,500 a year."

"f you don't have health insurance, you're going to be able to buy the same kind of insurance that Sen. McCain and I enjoy as federal employees. Because there's a huge pool, we can drop the costs. And nobody will be excluded for pre-existing conditions, which is a huge problem."

Transcript of second McCain, Obama debate - CNN.com

Ken

Old 05-13-2009, 06:59 PM

1,902 posts, read 2,469,536 times
I wonder how much the Barry posters get paid

Old 05-13-2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
I wonder how much the Barry posters get paid
You mean I can get PAID????????!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn! What a score!
Where do I sign up?

Ken

Old 05-13-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Here's what Obama said:

"So here's what I would do. If you've got health care already, and probably the majority of you do, then you can keep your plan if you are satisfied with it. You can keep your choice of doctor. We're going to work with your employer to lower the cost of your premiums by up to $2,500 a year."

"f you don't have health insurance, you're going to be able to buy the same kind of insurance that Sen. McCain and I enjoy as federal employees. Because there's a huge pool, we can drop the costs. And nobody will be excluded for pre-existing conditions, which is a huge problem."
Thanks for the link Ken

Several points though:

a) It's voluntary
b) It's not single payer
c) It is not a government run health care system.

Personally? Opening the federal system up to the consumers will, more than likely, get the private companies on the stick to come up with competitive products that are cheaper.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:06 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,850,084 times
Balfour stop bringing logic into this it confuses the "sooth sayers"...lmao

Old 05-13-2009, 07:07 PM

1,515 posts, read 3,333,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbet View Post
He said that Bill Clinton and Al Gore 1 year after their administration started had a foreign terrorist attack on the twin tower killing Americans, they did not resort to torture and kept us safe for 7 1/2 years. Did I say with out resorting to torture? T
Really? USS Cole mean anything? Two embassies in Africa getting bombed mean anything?

He didn't keep us safe. Clinton was absolutely completely terrible on defense.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Thanks for the link Ken

Several points though:

a) It's voluntary
b) It's not single payer
c) It is not a government run health care system.

Personally? Opening the federal system up to the consumers will, more than likely, get the private companies on the stick to come up with competitive products that are cheaper.
You're welcome.

Yeah, I don't THINK Obama is pushing for a single-payer system. Hillary wanted that, but Obama was trying to work more-or-less within the existing system (just with a few changes). Much less drastic than Hillary's plan.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies