Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 01:07 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
The pendulum in the courts, both legal and of public opinion, swung to the ladies side many years ago and it remains there today.
Correct and the only option to change it is to stay acvtive.
All pro choicers are not men,

Old 06-05-2009, 01:30 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Correct and the only option to change it is to stay acvtive.
All pro choicers are not men,
Interesting...So being pro-life, which by many accounts is allowing the government to decide the issue, is the manly thing to do? Not sure I'm following you on this one.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:42 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
The fact that her solution to abortion is to castrate men shows how littel respect she has for woman, men and the unborn. She being a troll and arguing a point that has no point or relevance. She thinks if you catstrate men abortions woudl stop. In her own hypotheical that woudl not stop the mothe rfrom aborting.
Funny - here we have the pot calling the kettle black....

Old 06-05-2009, 01:46 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
Interesting...So being pro-life, which by many accounts is allowing the government to decide the issue, is the manly thing to do? Not sure I'm following you on this one.
My line og thought was not allpro choicers are men. Nor is our government

Old 06-05-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
So the man is forced to pay for the womens choice to carry the child and is forced to Pay child support or go to jail even if he did not want the child...still makes no sense...if the woman decided to carry the child to term then and the man didnt want the child...the man should not be forced to financially support anyone...

I understand that is is a womans body and no one has the right to tell her what she can and cant do to it. However, it should not be completely her right and she should not get all the benefits from such action...

So you can tell me that there is a difference between theses two:
A man who wants the child and the woman does not...the woman has the choice to get an abortion

A man who does not want the child and the women does...the woman can keep the child and force the man to pay child support
I guess that maybe men should be more discriminating about the women with whom they decide to have sex. If you don't know how the woman will treat a pregnancy, don't have sex with her.

Or, maybe men should take control and always wear a condom - unless, of course, they are trying to impregnate their partner. There's a thought, put the onus of responsibility on the male partner in the sex act....

Old 06-05-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
SORRY UNTIL MEN CAN GET PREGNANT AND HAVE TO RISK THEIR LIVES FOR PREGNANCY I AM PRO CHOICE AND IT WILL ALWAYS STAY LEGAL.

Until "men" can MAN UP, I am PRO CHOICE!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 01:55 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,723,240 times
Quote:
My line og thought was not allpro choicers are men. Nor is our government
Still not clear on your point. You first stated "All pro-choicers are not men". Then the above comment. Can you clarify more?

Old 06-05-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
..all the woman has to do is have the child...then she can have nothing to do with it..
Callous words from someone who has never been pregnant and experienced all the physical, emotional, and hormonal changes - and sometimes dangers - that are associated with pregnancy....

Your callous comment makes a fine argument for those who state, " If you don't have ovaries, you don't belong in the abortion discussion."

Old 06-05-2009, 02:06 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Callous words from someone who has never been pregnant and experienced all the physical, emotional, and hormonal changes - and sometimes dangers - that are associated with pregnancy....

Your callous comment makes a fine argument for those who state, " If you don't have ovaries, you don't belong in the abortion discussion."
"All the woman has to do is have the baby".

That is the STUPIDEST thing ever. Makes it sound soooo easy. Never mind all the physical, emotional, and hormonal changes - and sometimes dangers - that are associated with pregnancy....

If it was THAT easy, there would be no need for abortion. Duh!

Old 06-05-2009, 02:09 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Well until people in general can accept the consequences that come with life, like sex= baby.

I will remain pro-life.

Cause what you are saying is that the man should have no rights when it comes the birth of his child...Women hold all the cards here. NOT ALL MEN ARE JERKS, MOST ACTUALLY ACCEPT THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES. Women, feel it is there right to deny men of their children, born or unborn. Just because women carry a child to term does not give them the right to decide the fate of a mans life. And choosing to have an abortion or not does effect the mans life as much as the womans life...

And Men have been manning up, have been for some time...but women who think that all men are evil and wrong set these men back. I could easily say that women need to grow up and accept that life + choice = consequence and responsibility to act.

And you and I both know that even if a man signed a paper giving up all rights to the child that all a woman has to do is not sign the paper and make the man pay up...

What price does the woman have to pay...A man who wants a child, when the woman does not is made to suffer at no fault of his own...all the woman has to do is have the child...then she can have nothing to do with it...but I can guarantee you that once a woman has carried a child through term and given birth the hardest thing she will do...even harder than pregnancy is give up that child.

Now take a man who does not want the child, but a woman does, most men once they meet their son/daughter they fall in love...it is that bond that is glued into our own dna...However, the man does not get to decide if he wants to stay in the child life...the woman does. This man if kept from his child is purposely made to suffer becasue at one point he decided that he didnt want to have the child but then changed his mind...
Why dont you answer to what I proposed?

A man and a woman should TALK before any sexual activity if they are in a relationship or marriage.

Take me and my partner for instance. We use protection and have decided if I get pregnant, abortion would be one of our options. There is no "WAH!!!" Why? Because we talked it out. If I decide to abort, he will be ok because we talked about it.

Another thing we agreed on is if I do get pregnant and decide to carry on the pregnancy and I am in danger, we will save me over the fetus.

Why are you so into putting all the blame on the woman? I noticed you did not reply to my idea of BEING responsible and talking to the woman BEFORE having sex and then crying later?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies