Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 05:28 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,210,427 times

Advertisements

Ok people, after having to sift through a never ending stream of repetitious threads about every minute differing nuance of this debate, we are going to have a single thread.

Please post any issues concerning the abortion debate in this thread, any further threads started will be deleted.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:59 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,462,948 times
Abortion is bad and kills people. Abortionists are evil people. Those who have abortion need to seek professional help if they can't see it for what it is, murder.

/End.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:15 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,055,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Abortion is bad and kills people. Abortionists are evil people. Those who have abortion need to seek professional help if they can't see it for what it is, murder.

/End.

And I respectfully disagree with your opinion. I see nothing wrong with a woman wanting to rid her body of an unwanted life.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:41 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,288,138 times
Well, I see the opening shots have been fired....

Old 05-18-2009, 06:47 PM

145 posts, read 302,626 times
Why not lock the other abortion threads? It appears the Republican Party is pushing down on her favorite issue now that they're not in power. There will be multiple threads on this topic until the next Republican victory. One is enough.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:10 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,492,265 times
You cannot have a rational debate about abortion. You might as well try and stop the waves.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:27 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,392,781 times
An excerpt from an opinion piece on the FoxNews' Faith section...
  1. Can we agree that the number of abortions needs to be reduced?
  2. Can we border on caution when it comes to the question of when life begins?
  3. Can we agree that inconvenience is not a proper reason for an abortion?
  4. Can we speak to those of an opposite viewpoint without using hate speech?
  5. Can we choose to promote a culture of life?
  6. Can we encourage adoption, recognizing the many parents who would love and cherish a baby?
  7. Can we help teens see that abstinence is the best option and clearest way to avoid STDs, regret and abortions?
  8. Can we agree that there is no greater gift than life?
  9. Can we agree that this is ultimately an issue that transcends politics?
  10. Can we agree that you and I wouldn’t be able to have an opinion on this issue if we had been aborted?

Old 05-18-2009, 10:37 PM

133 posts, read 308,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
  2. Can we border on caution when it comes to the question of when life begins?
  3. Can we agree that inconvenience is not a proper reason for an abortion?
  4. Can we speak to those of an opposite viewpoint without using hate speech?
  5. Can we choose to promote a culture of life?
  6. Can we encourage adoption, recognizing the many parents who would love and cherish a baby?
  7. Can we help teens see that abstinence is the best option and clearest way to avoid STDs, regret and abortions?
  8. Can we agree that there is no greater gift than life?
  9. Can we agree that this is ultimately an issue that transcends politics?
  10. Can we agree that you and I wouldn’t be able to have an opinion on this issue if we had been aborted?

Old 05-18-2009, 11:59 PM

527 posts, read 1,283,449 times
Proudly Pro-Life without children.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:48 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,055,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahabound View Post
Not particuarly, as I see nothing wrong with the number of abortions now.

Quote:
Can we border on caution when it comes to the question of when life begins?
I personally believe life begins as soon as the egg is fertilized. The real question is whether or not that life holds any more weight than the life of the incubator

Quote:
Can we agree that inconvenience is not a proper reason for an abortion?
No, because I cannot think of one "improper" reason to have an abortion.

Quote:
Can we speak to those of an opposite viewpoint without using hate speech?
Without a shadow of a doubt.

Quote:
Can we choose to promote a culture of life?
Define "culture of life".

Quote:
Can we encourage adoption, recognizing the many parents who would love and cherish a baby?
Only as long as the adopting family pays for all the medical expenses of the incubator. Adoption solves unwanted parenting, not unwanted pregnancy. That's why I don't really consider adoption to be a viable alternative to abortion.

Quote:
Can we help teens see that abstinence is the best option and clearest way to avoid STDs, regret and abortions?
We can certainly mention it in sex ed, but abstinence is a very unrealistic ideal to force upon others.

Quote:
Can we agree that there is no greater gift than life?
Absolutely. But I wouldn't of want to "force" anyone to give that gift if they don't want to.

Quote:
Can we agree that this is ultimately an issue that transcends politics?
Without a shadow of a doubt. Ultimately, when it comes down to it and whatever side your on, it's an issue of a woman's bodily domain vs a fetus's right to life, and what law upholds what.

Quote:
Can we agree that you and I wouldn’t be able to have an opinion on this issue if we had been aborted?
Yes. Although I wouldn't have known, nor I wouldn't have cared, so this point doesn't bother me one bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.