Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 01:12 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times

Advertisements

WTF is your point???? Did you or did you not claim to be a stromatalite? Yes??? No/????? The answer is yes, you did. Did I or did I not respond by saying "you're the worlds oldest fossil?" Yes, I did. You then made the out of left field comment that I was picking & choosing from different periods. Can I ask you, how exactly does that have ANYTHING to do w/me calling you the worlds oldest fossil? ANYTHING? It doesn't, therefore this conversation is null & void, dead, done, I'm not having it anymore if you can't follow a simple conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 02:09 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
If so, they would be doing so from a perceived position of superiority.
Or a misapprehension of the meaning of the terminology.

Quote:
The same could be said that if the general public would assert itself against the ACTUAL oppression and victimization perpetrated on homosexuals solely on the basis of their sexual orientation and label such behaviour as universally unacceptable, it would be unnescessary for LGBT's to have to fight for rights that should be universally granted to us as equal members in a civilized society.
What rights are not granted to LGBTs as "equal members in a civilized society"? Voting? Owning property? The right to keep and bear arms? The right to worship as one chooses? To be safe in one's person? To speak, meet, and write freely? To be free from illegal searches and seizures?

I note that you spell the term "behaviour". Are you a US citizen? If you are not, are you claiming the rights of citizenship in this country, or are you referring to the rights denied you in your country of citizenship?

Old 06-04-2009, 03:07 PM

297 posts, read 349,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
What rights are not granted to LGBTs as "equal members in a civilized society"? Voting? Owning property? The right to keep and bear arms? The right to worship as one chooses? To be safe in one's person? To speak, meet, and write freely? To be free from illegal searches and seizures?
I assume you mean something other than the right to marry a consenting adult of their choice?

Here are a couple more:
The right to inherit Social Security benefits upon the event of of an LGBT spouse; the right to openly serve their country in the United States Military;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I note that you spell the term "behaviour". Are you a US citizen? If you are not, are you claiming the rights of citizenship in this country, or are you referring to the rights denied you in your country of citizenship?
No, that was a typo, sorry. I am a natural born US Citizen.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Dogs often eat poo poo to. many male aniuamals also kill and eat their ypoung if not protected form their mother or hidden. Is killing natural with humans and should they then eat their young.They also kill rivals males. Does that make it ok i humans or natural?

Old 06-04-2009, 04:19 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,011,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
LOL, so you're the world's oldest fossil?
well, that does explain ALOT.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:24 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
No not ridiculous at all, what's ridiculous is trying to convince the overwhelming majority of people on the planet that what you do is "normal".

Same sex attractions are not normal,maybe you believe so because you feel those urges but that dosen't make it normal.

Also what makes you think that ALL the medical and psychological organizations in the world cite homosexuality as being normal.
Well, at least I now know that you reject modern science and research, and that's okay. I know I can't force anyone to stop being ignorant.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I think some people get so caught up in the whole SEX SEX SEX (especially male sex) aspect of homosexuality or in their interpretation of ancient religious beliefs, that all the diverse and positive traits that homosexuals bring to the human race, are ignored.

According to many recent studies we know that many homosexuals are biologically different to heterosexuals and are not just heterosexuals with a desire for homosexual sex. For example(you linked to some in your previous posts) - brain stucture, neurobiology, right brain/left brain emphasis and auditory brain waves are different. All these (and other) differences lead to homosexuals thinking and perceiving differently to heterosexuals.

If we look at the way heterosexual males and females think, feel and perceive differently to each other, it's obvious that homosexuals, who have (to varying degrees) some of the characteristics of both genders, would also think, feel and percieve differently to someone who has only the characterisics of one or the other gender.

I see this as a very Positive thing. The world needs people who think and perceive differently to the majority.
You're one of the most brilliant posters here. Thank you for your contributions.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
There's absolutely no evolutionary reason why the traits for homosexuality would ever become Dominant rather than remain recessive (if that's what they are. Scientists are only just beginning to find some of the markers for sexual orientation-It's more complex than just one gene). Can you think of any evolutionary reason why it would???

So your argument appears to a strawman argument.
I completely agree. I don't understand how or why some make the leap to say, "If everyone were homosexual, the species couldn't survive!", as if that's a rationale for why homosexuality is wrong or why it should be considered a birth defect, etc.

Nature has a way of figuring out how to keep the human species going. It's really out of our control. We are what we are.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:42 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equality4all View Post
For those who continue to think that Homosexuality is "unnatural":

BBC NEWS | Europe | 'Gay penguins' rear adopted chick

This is the cutest story I have read in a very long time.
sigh!!

give this topic a rest---who are you trying to convince it's okay to be gay--mom,dad,your minister or yourself??

Old 06-04-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
sigh!!

give this topic a rest---who are you trying to convince it's okay to be gay--mom,dad,your minister or yourself??
Thank you for keeping the topic alive with your post.

Maybe the poster wants to convince the many here who make erroneous and illogical statements about sexual orientation every day on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies