Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 06:58 PM

15 posts, read 25,238 times

Advertisements

All the other countries are succesfull!! I dont hear anyone complaing about the systems in these countries...Infact they have overall better health! But Yet we are one of the Richest and have so many poor with people loosing houses!!!! We have our mentally ill sleeping in the streets..then you wonder why we have soo many BUMS...We Baker Act the mentally ill..give then medication and in a few days throw them back into the streets...They have mentall issues..how do you expect for them to follow taking prescritions without supervsion???? All I can say it sucks to see my own mother struggling trying to see the doctors when she has no income and is past 50,with health problems and to see a doctor she goes through referal after refferal...bus here bus there to not even knowing when her results gets in....its really frustrating to see her struggle ..I just spoke to a couple that came from Canada and they said that whenever they had a problem.. a cold or whatever ..the went without an appointment and was seen quick...yes taxes are a little higher but for your health who cares! Id rather pay higher taxes then pay 100k for a major surjery which we all will end up having because we all get old one day and nothing runs on tip-top shape after a while. I think Universal Health care is the way to go and for those who have $ like that they should have the option to choose whoever they prefer ..just like in Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 06:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
And in which UHC has the above happened???????????
Have you even read how the Obama plan will be paid for? I'd say from your response the answer is NOPE....

Old 06-21-2009, 07:01 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you would then confess that cutting $655 BILLION from these programs would be a bad thing? You should call Obama and tell him you disagree with his plans then..
I'm all for cutting excess. Obama has said all along that he would do just that.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:01 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Have you even read how the Obama plan will be paid for? I'd say from your response the answer is NOPE....
The present Obama plan will fail. He knows that. It is the beginning gambit in a longer battle.
So which of the UHC's in the world have failed or had the problems you listed?

Old 06-21-2009, 07:02 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
And in which UHC has the above happened???????????
Quote:
Ok, with that out of the way, lets answer the question.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:10 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMiami View Post
All the other countries are succesfull!! I dont hear anyone complaing about the systems in these countries...Infact they have overall better health! But Yet we are one of the Richest and have so many poor with people loosing houses!!!! We have our mentally ill sleeping in the streets..then you wonder why we have soo many BUMS...We Baker Act the mentally ill..give then medication and in a few days throw them back into the streets...They have mentall issues..how do you expect for them to follow taking prescritions without supervsion???? All I can say it sucks to see my own mother struggling trying to see the doctors when she has no income and is past 50,with health problems and to see a doctor she goes through referal after refferal...bus here bus there to not even knowing when her results gets in....its really frustrating to see her struggle ..I just spoke to a couple that came from Canada and they said that whenever they had a problem.. a cold or whatever ..the went without an appointment and was seen quick...yes taxes are a little higher but for your health who cares! Id rather pay higher taxes then pay 100k for a major surjery which we all will end up having because we all get old one day and nothing runs on tip-top shape after a while. I think Universal Health care is the way to go and for those who have $ like that they should have the option to choose whoever they prefer ..just like in Canada.
You couldn't be more right BMiami.
You don't hear the complaining about healthcare in the UHC countries as you do in America. You would think that would tell people something. These "i was told stories" are pathetic. You actually spoke to Canadians who use their UHC. Were they making a break for the American Border...Of course not...these stories are 99% imagination.
You are a growing band of Americans who now want to have equal healthcare. The Elitist healthcare of yesteryear in America is coming to an end. I love your point about not hearing complaining from countries with a UHC..its so true. You will always get a few moaners in everything but nearly everyone in a UHC country don't even give their health care a second thought let alone lose sleep over it. It is a great feeling NOT to have to worry about family and what would happen if they became ill.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:11 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Hospitals dont get paid enough by the government and have to file bankruptcy and close?

Doctors have their salaries cut and no longer see it worth 8+ years of school for a smaller salary?

Seniors, cant find retirement homes to go to because the cuts wont pay for their stay?

Employers across the country cut out their insurance causing an increase in the uninsured, not a decrease?

When people from other country come here to receive medical treatement at the taxpayers dime?

When medical facilities get caught committing insurance fraud, and get fined, thereby limiting the amount of money available for your medical care?

When hospitals dont have enough money to buy newer, better machines for better care and have to go without?

When the government decides that a procedure is worth $X and the hospitals say no, they cant afford to do it for that amount..

When insurance companies start to pay off the politicians to get access to their new billion dollar insurance contracts with the government for care..

Any others? Any answer?

You must have spent some time creating this dissertation of fear!

Old 06-21-2009, 07:13 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMiami View Post
All the other countries are succesfull!!
Not really true.

If you look at countries like Japan - who is having to CLOSE hospitals and clinics because they can no longer afford to keep them open, to France and Germany who are going into severe financial crisis because of their system (and more and more French citizens choosing the private doctor route for better care), I don't think you can say they are "all successful".

Old 06-21-2009, 07:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Hospitals dont get paid enough by the government and have to file bankruptcy and close?

Doctors have their salaries cut and no longer see it worth 8+ years of school for a smaller salary?

Seniors, cant find retirement homes to go to because the cuts wont pay for their stay?

Employers across the country cut out their insurance causing an increase in the uninsured, not a decrease?

When people from other country come here to receive medical treatement at the taxpayers dime?

When medical facilities get caught committing insurance fraud, and get fined, thereby limiting the amount of money available for your medical care?

When hospitals dont have enough money to buy newer, better machines for better care and have to go without?

When the government decides that a procedure is worth $X and the hospitals say no, they cant afford to do it for that amount..

When insurance companies start to pay off the politicians to get access to their new billion dollar insurance contracts with the government for care..

Any others? Any answer?
Canada sure is not buying prescription medication in the US!

Old 06-21-2009, 07:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Ok, with that out of the way, lets answer the question.
I checked, I didnt see you attempt to answer MY questions first..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies