Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 07:15 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,327,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You must have spent some time creating this dissertation of fear!
Or, could we say, the truth hurts?

Perhaps a dose of TRUTH is a good thing during these discussions -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

20,054 posts, read 18,323,271 times
Quote:
I disagree. Since health care as a product has theoretically an unlimited amount of demand and a very real finite supply of resources, it is perfectly rational to conclude a few of pghquest's outcomes. This is why UHC systems such as Canada and Britain experience long queues. Other countries likely do better because in their programs because they have a society that is much healthier, more productive (generating more GDP for the nation relative to their consumption), and complain less (malpractice is harder to sue for).

38,496 posts, read 25,888,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Not really true.

If you look at countries like Japan - who is having to CLOSE hospitals and clinics because they can no longer afford to keep them open, to France and Germany who are going into severe financial crisis because of their system (and more and more French citizens choosing the private doctor route for better care), I don't think you can say they are "all successful".

Links please!!!

Old 06-21-2009, 07:16 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,252,293 times
Quote:
Thats the best dispute you could come up with? FAIL, try again..

Old 06-21-2009, 07:17 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,323,271 times
Quote:
Canada sure is not buying prescription medication in the US!
True. However, it is certainly the case Canadian medicine costs less because the R&D is already done by American pharma companies.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:17 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,888,851 times
Quote:

Provide a link to back up each and every one of those "what if" scenarios then please.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:18 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,327,911 times
Quote:
Links please!!!
Look it up.

You (and others) dont' usually provide "links" when posting your side -

Old 06-21-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:

These people fail to understand, or they do understand and dont care, that a true UHC would cost $2,000,000,000,000 a YEAR in this country. Thats OBAMAS figures. I got this by taking the $1T proposal, dividing this by 10 years, which is their total timeframe, and then figuring out the cost if we had 320,000,000 people in the country. While we only have 306 M people, those numbers will surely grow and it was a nice round figure considering that the Obama plan is $1Trillion for 16M people and our population grows.

How in gods earth can the country afford $2 TRILLION a year MORE than what we currently spend?

Old 06-21-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
To what degree have these problems been encountered in Austrailia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cuba, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, or the United Kingdom? All of these countries, as I'm sure you're aware, have one variant or another of a UHC-based health care system, and many of them have had for quite some time. What was their experience? Did they encounter any of the problems that you raise? If so, how did they deal with them? If not, why should we alone expect to?
I didnt ask you to change the subject to other countries who have no where near the amount of debt, spending, or citizens that we have. I know switching topics is what you do best though..

Old 06-21-2009, 07:22 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,488,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I checked, I didnt see you attempt to answer MY questions first..
You posed a list of hypothetical questions. The question asked of you was to provide evidence of any of your hypotheticals ever having happened in another UHC system. If you can't substantiate your "ifs" then there is nothing for me to answer. I don't have a crystal ball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies