Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 05:24 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,855,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I guess the last (hahha,maybe) thing I can say to you is.......
many of us DO NOT TRUST that OUR government will put in a plan that is a better option than reform could produce.
Can you understand that????
YOU vote your Govt into power......Why?

I can't help but keep wondering if you are a shill for 'who-knows-who'.
Otherwise, I can't understand your vociferous promoting for something which isn't of great benefit to you since you are covered by and so happy with your UK coverage.
You're just altruistic, yes?
Maybe i am just altruistic or maybe i hate seeing my American Family paying fortunes to Insurance CEO's when there is no need. I have used a UHC and i Understand how it works. Americans are NO different to any citizen in any other Country. They Deserve great health care but are being short changed by the present American Insurance based Health Service. I love America and i now have a American Family and many American Friends and i pay tax in America. I want a great Health service in America and i will be paying for it as every other tax payer will be paying for it. I would much rather pay for America's Health than the Iraqi Health System but at the moment my tax Dollar is paying for Iraq and not America. Guess you like that idea...Americas tax Dollar paying For overseas Health care but NOT American Health Care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 06:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Ask Medicare patients who have had procedures denied how the government doesn't interfere.
Ask any private insurance holder who has had medical procedures denied how the insurance companies don't interfere.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:52 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,737,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It's the profit motive that attracts the greediest to medicine. The best and the brightest would do it for free.
And you have evidence for that?

Old 07-01-2009, 01:03 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,216,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
No thanks. We tried the other way already and it is not working well.

the goverment cannot even balance their own checkbook, and people really want the goverment to handle their health insurance now.

show me where in the US Constitution that is says that health care is a right?

Old 07-01-2009, 01:09 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,737,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfields View Post
Give me a break! Obama isn't advocating government run health care. John Conyers with his HR676 single-payer bill, isn't even advocating government run health care; it's privately run, government funded. This is the best type of system. According to a 2000 WHO report every industrialized country with a single-payer system ranked better than the US in overall performance. The US was ranked #37 and the main reason it was ranked so low was because of how much it costs, which is inevitable under a for profit system with 22% of the costs going towards overhead and 31% of the costs going towards bureaucracy in general. This is the reason that we spend a higher percentage of our GDP on health care (17%) than any other country in the world and we still have 45 million uninsured.
We have a single payer system now. It's called Medicare. It's bankrupt. And rather than owning up to that fact and raising taxes to make it solvent politicians hide the operating shortfall by shifting the true cost of the care it provides to doctors, hospitals, and private insurance companies (ensuring that those costs, in turn, are passed on to the general public through higher health insurance premiums). But if we end up with Medicare for all (which is the ultimate goal of "health care reform") there won't be anyone left to pass the costs on to. So look for your taxes to go up--substantially. Either way we pay. There is no such thing as a free lunch--at least not for the middle class.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer1 View Post
keep govt out of health care? ohh nevermind...its not worth the time.
How cute! Not.

BTW, government money accounts for about 46% of all medical expenditures.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:27 PM

785 posts, read 1,050,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
We have a single payer system now. It's called Medicare. It's bankrupt. And rather than owning up to that fact and raising taxes to make it solvent politicians hide the operating shortfall by shifting the true cost of the care it provides to doctors, hospitals, and private insurance companies (ensuring that those costs, in turn, are passed on to the general public through higher health insurance premiums). But if we end up with Medicare for all (which is the ultimate goal of "health care reform") there won't be anyone left to pass the costs on to. So look for your taxes to go up--substantially. Either way we pay. There is no such thing as a free lunch--at least not for the middle class.
Obviously taxes would go up. However, in return we wouldn't have premiums, co-pays or deductibles and since the system is public, we wouldn't have 22% overheads either. This would result in much lower health care costs for the average American. You're right that either way we pay. But in one system we pay more and get less, in the other we pay less and get more.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:32 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,855,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the goverment cannot even balance their own checkbook, and people really want the goverment to handle their health insurance now.

show me where in the US Constitution that is says that health care is a right?
The Govt Cannot even balance their own checkbook?????
Is this the SAME Govt. that the mighty insurance Companies went cap in hand to so that they could be bailed out of the Financial ruin they had caused because of the disastrous way they ran their companies?
Are these the same companies that you want "fiddling" ...... i mean running your health service????

Old 07-01-2009, 07:57 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,866,320 times
All liberals, aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
In America Health has nothing to do with your Healthcare. If you have money in America you can get Healthcare. If you have Enough money in America you can virtually write your own prescriptions..... Ask Elvis, Anna Nichole Smith and Michael Jackson.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:59 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,866,320 times
Sounds just like BO's plan for the elderly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post

Too many in the American Health Service who are there just for profit. If you are a American and cannot give them a profit, they just couldn't give a damn if you live or die a horrible painful death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies