Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2009, 09:49 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Being proud of ones race is fine. Denigrating other races and attaching any perceived blame that you imagine is another thing. Constantly exposing a need to defend would seem to show a feeling of inferiority, imagined or not.
Oh please, I if stood up in a crowded room and told everyone that i was "proud to be white" i would be called a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 10:06 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Oh please, I if stood up in a crowded room and told everyone that i was "proud to be white" i would be called a racist.
I think you are exaggerating a bit.

If you stood up in a room and said I'm proud to be white and that makes me better than any other race of people, than the problem would come in.

Unfortunately that's what some imply or state outright.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:15 AM

559 posts, read 1,464,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Any of those handguns carry fifty rounds? What if all these kids had guns? Now you're most certainly getting killed as well as your family. You pulling a gun would've only guarnateed somebody got killed.
Stop making assumptions. Why don't we assume that none of the kids had guns, the dad pulled out a gun and scared them all off, saving him and his family a brutal beating.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:40 AM
obo

916 posts, read 986,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
OMG is about all I can say to this..Bentlebee brought up race as far as Palin and now you're bringing up sex..It's about a CLEAR lack of intellect. Many of those bashing her are white women.

I wont touch the calling names nonsense as it is juvenile.

Blacks weren't allowed to own land even after "we got our freedom" in most places and I'll just leave it at that for the sake of time.

Rugs are oriental..I've never seen an oriental rug neighborhood.

To pretend that you know anything about what the NAACP does is hilarious.

Your overall racial ignorance is a shame.
Tank, you sure are doing your share of defending racial hate crimes done by your people. Seems to me you'd like racism to NEVER die! The only reason you know ANYTHING about the NAACP is because people like you USE them to get what you want instead of actually working hard for it.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:47 AM
obo

916 posts, read 986,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I, for one, do not buy into this white victimization scenario that's been cropping up with increasing frequency lately. Crime is about opportunity. White people tend to control more assets, people with less assets see an opportunity and take it. Crime is about opportunity. People who live in areas where police response is slower or non-existent will see an opportunity and take it. Crime is about opportunity. People who feel a sense of injustice will seize the opportunity to redress that injustice if it presents itself.

The idea of white victimization is a doorway to crime. It creates and perpetuates a sense of injustice that is ultimately used as rationalization for wrong-doing when the opportunity presents itself.

Crime has always been with us, and always will be. Prejudice and hate has always been with us, and always will be. But each of us has an opportunity to set aside our own prejudices, our own feelings of being treated unjustly, and maybe make a difference, not just in our own lives, but in the lives of others.
so in your words, then when a white commits a crime against a black and says things like, "this is a white world" and such, they are just taking advantage of an easy target? Something tells me you'd say something different then.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:07 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Default Award for ignorance

With each and every thread or discussions concerning blacks, the posters get MORE and MORE IGNORANT. Its not just those who are blatantly bias towards Blacks, but its also from those who try to explain blacks.

Its the Sharptons, Jacksons, Buchanans, O'Reilly's and Limbaugh that informs and programs society what to think about Blacks and Whites....This is their living they get paid for it. We as the society, are just as mindless to follow suit and reiterate exactly what the Snake Salesmen like the Sharptons, Jackson, Buchanans, O'Reillys and Limbaughs tells us.
This country is so lost in its own prejudice, i see no reason why ANY COUNTRY should regard us as the LEADERS...Very sad.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:48 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
so in your words, then when a white commits a crime against a black and says things like, "this is a white world" and such, they are just taking advantage of an easy target? Something tells me you'd say something different then.
Whatever is telling you things, you need to hang up on.

I didn't say racism doesn't exist.

I said I reject the ideology of white victimhood.

Certainly a white person can be the target of a racist. And so can be a victim. But incidents of this kind do not mean there is a systematic victimization of white people. The freedom and sense of entitlement white people have is what other people aspire to in this country. That's not a position of victimhood.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:20 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
With each and every thread or discussions concerning blacks, the posters get MORE and MORE IGNORANT. Its not just those who are blatantly bias towards Blacks, but its also from those who try to explain blacks.

Its the Sharptons, Jacksons, Buchanans, O'Reilly's and Limbaugh that informs and programs society what to think about Blacks and Whites....This is their living they get paid for it. We as the society, are just as mindless to follow suit and reiterate exactly what the Snake Salesmen like the Sharptons, Jackson, Buchanans, O'Reillys and Limbaughs tells us.
This country is so lost in its own prejudice, i see no reason why ANY COUNTRY should regard us as the LEADERS...Very sad.
So what is your solution?

Old 07-15-2009, 02:25 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So what is your solution?

Interesting response...

Old 07-15-2009, 02:31 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post

why are you making this silly speech?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies