Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 08:52 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times

Advertisements

I was pulled over by the police today, because of my ron paul bumper sticker.
I would accept., that I was pulled over for the excuse that it was "obstructing me view" because its on my truck window lower left side. But really its not obstructing my view at all. But the questions I was asked for completely unfair and unamerican and what I think we all know what is going on in this country.
NJ State Cop asks?

Dont you think you should take down those stickers the 08 election is over?
Are you in a militia?
Do you own guns?
Can I search your vechile?

All this from the NJ state police over my stickers obstruction of my view?
Wasnt speeding had seatbelt I was pulled over for my Ron Paul sticker and the cop told me so as a follow up to those who have them on their automobiles.

Free speech is under attack and any political view for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 08:55 AM

769 posts, read 887,586 times
Well, fair speech is under attack by that particular idiot cop. In the court room you could have mopped up.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:55 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
LOL, yeah, I don't believe you for a second. Nice little story though.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:58 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
I would accept., that I was pulled over for the excuse that it was "obstructing me view" because its on my truck window lower left side. But really its not obstructing my view at all. But the questions I was asked for completely unfair and unamerican and what I think we all know what is going on in this country.
NJ State Cop asks?

Are you in a militia?
Do you own guns?

Wasnt speeding had seatbelt I was pulled over for my Ron Paul sticker and the cop told me so as a follow up to those who have them on their automobiles.

Without a doubt Big Brother is firmly entrenched.
You know they have orders from above to be skeptical of any bumber stickers that might portray dissent. This comes straight from the DHS and eventually back to Barack Obama.

The obamatrons and neocons can stick their head up their asses and see nothing but the rest of us clear thinking Americans know what is going on.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post

Maybe when you are pulled over and or censored you will wake up.
Until then I will keep fighting for your right to be believe what you want.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:59 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
why would you not believe this after the DHS report?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:04 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,849,301 times
The OP wrote;
Quote:
But the questions I was asked for completely unfair and unamerican and what I think we all know what is going on in this country.
NJ State Cop asks?

Are you in a militia?
Do you own guns?
I'm not sure I completely believe your story, but if you're Black or Hispanic I can definitley believe the last one.

golfgod

Old 07-29-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Without a doubt Big Brother is firmly entrenched.
You know they have orders from above to be skeptical of any bumber stickers that might portray dissent. This comes straight from the DHS and eventually back to Barack Obama.

The obamatrons and neocons can stick their head up their asses and see nothing but the rest of us clear thinking Americans know what is going on.

I dont care who is comes from or I think the bigger issue is why is it a Ron Paul bumper sticker should be an issue for anyone. What if we pulled over everyone with a Obama sticker and asked these questions? We have all kinds of stickers in this country of which everyone has a right to express their political or personal beliefs. This is America right? Or is this the old soviet union? What right do they have.. and most importantly it appears my right to obey the traffic laws will be ignored and they can pull me over for a sticker.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
The OP wrote;

I'm not sure I completely believe your story, but if you're Black or Hispanic I can definitley believe the last one.

golfgod

Well the officer was white and I am white and I said no to his request.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:10 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
NJ State Cop asks?

Are you in a militia?
Do you own guns?

If this is true, please contact your local media outlets etc. You can't be silent about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies