Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 12:33 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
And you really think these liars will actually respond with the truth? You actually think they will take ANY concerns back to the White House to have these issues addressed in the BIll? You're crazy if you think that.
What I think is if you don't want to hear what they have to say, why are you coming to a meeting and interfering with people who came because they DO want to hear what the Congressman says?

You don't want to hear their lies, then don't come to the meeting. And I'm not suggesting you do nothing. Have a rally across the street. Take an ad out in the newspaper pointing out his lies.

But don't tell me that when you or anyone goes to these town meetings and behaves this way, that they are doing it not just for themselves but for the rest of us. All you are really doing is trying to justify unacceptable behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 12:33 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Hmmmm. Acorn, where is the cite for this piece?
gonna send a report to the government?

Old 08-06-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDan View Post
Still don't get it eh? ahhhhh I guess you never will.

they don't get it.this has building for years....we have been VERY patient for decades, listening to them, being respectful...what they don't seem to get is....times up.they want people to sit down, shut up and listen...be good timid little peasants....what they don't get is those days are coming to and end.fed up!
Oh and by the way, concerning this
"So you're saying that your goal is intimidation". Imagine this...If my goal was intimidation.....I would have said....INTIMIDATE THEM.
You say "they want people to sit down, shut up and listen", but if you're the one doing the shouting down, who exactly is it making people sit down and shut up?

Old 08-06-2009, 12:43 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,280,673 times
They don't show up at the Town Meetings to engage in reasonable, civilized debate. They show up to disrupt the democratic process and cause trouble. Nobody's stopping them from asking questions and participating in a respectful manner. Instead, in their attempts to derail democratic debate, they've chosen to act like a bunch of idiotic hooligans. Typical behavior of the extremist right wing of the GOP. These people are nothing less than un-American.

Unions To Take On Conservative Groups Health Care Town Halls

Old 08-06-2009, 12:46 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,682 times
This whole movement is a LIE, these people have been strategically selected and probably hired to do this. Tito the Builder was a lie, Joe the Plumber was a lie, Sarah Palin was a lie, Michael Steele was a lie, John McCain was a lie. Keep believing the GOP lies

Old 08-06-2009, 12:47 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,058,406 times
I think the real question should be do we want to allow bullying and intimidation in the political debate?

If we allow it to be done by conservatives now, it will be done by other parties later (turn about is fair play). Those who let it happen when they liked the ends will suffer form a bad reputation when they complain when it's being done for something they don't believe in. We should be the change in political debate that we want to see, done with respect and upstanding debate.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:47 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You don't want to hear their lies,
Wrong.

I want them to stop TELLING lies. Not just to me, but to everyone.

Can you see the difference?

Quote:
All you are really doing is trying to justify unacceptable behavior.
Nope. I'm trying to STOP unacceptable behavior. The unacceptable behavior of congressmen telling lies to the public.

We're merely fighting fire with fire. If you know some better way to stop the Congressmen's unacceptable behavior, let us know.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:49 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,588,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
This whole movement is a LIE, these people have been strategically selected and probably hired to do this. Tito the Builder was a lie, Joe the Plumber was a lie, Sarah Palin was a lie, Michael Steele was a lie, John McCain was a lie. Keep believing the GOP lies
Were you hired to manufacture these posts? If so, you may want to tone it down so it's at least credible.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:56 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,158,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I'll be surprised if union members go along with this. All those union members who fought so hard over the years for good benefits will stand to LOSE one of their most important benefits - low-cost (to them) high quality health care. What's to stop their employers from shuffling them off into cost-cutting lower quality Obama care?
I was wondering along the same lines. Most union members have a pretty good real right now, they have highly subsidized health insurance from their union and employer. Not sure that they have a dog in the health care crisis fight besides paying back Obama for the card check legislation promised during the campaign.

Now elected, Obama has labor promises to keep - The Oakland Press Business: The best place for news in and around Oakland County

God forbid the media gets a photo of Vinny the construction worker punching some 80 year old in the mouth.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Wrong.

I want them to stop TELLING lies. Not just to me, but to everyone.

Can you see the difference?

Nope. I'm trying to STOP unacceptable behavior. The unacceptable behavior of congressmen telling lies to the public.

We're merely fighting fire with fire. If you know some better way to stop the Congressmen's unacceptable behavior, let us know.

Fighting fire with fire would be putting out good information to oppose bad information. You're justifying unacceptable behavior, because you could participate in the debate, fight fire with fire, and instead you're trying to squelch the debate, or douse the fire. And evidently you don't care who or what you hurt in the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies