Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 11:35 PM

838 posts, read 922,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungeon View Post
I use to watch him until he went to fox news channel and went crazy. Glenn beck like most conservative talk show host is a former drug addict. Rush, Glenn beck, all drugs addicts and alcoholics, so yes they act weird and say funny things becuase their brains don't function properly
Not anymore true for conservative than liberal you should know. FORMER use has nothing at all to do with brain function in regards to thoughts, logic and common sense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 11:38 PM

838 posts, read 922,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
1. No, unlike the shows that are appropriately shown on Comedy Central, the Glenn Beck show is no comedy - it's a tragedy.

2. No, that's no act - he really is an idiot. And yes, he's not very funny.

3. You have good instincts. He makes any rational person uncomfortable, especially given his influence on the segment of the population most eager to find someone to blame for their pathetic lives.

The big problem I have with Glenn Beck is not what he says or how he says it - I believe in the Constitution. The problem is that the vast majority of his audience don't know, or cannot comprehend, that Beck is NOT a journalist ... he is an entertainer. And because his audience does not have the reasoning capabilities to discern this crucial difference, they accept what he says as the truth, rather than what it is ... his own twisted opinion.
Glenn Beck is very smart!

Old 08-07-2009, 11:48 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Maybe. But he is too idiotic for me.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:04 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,878,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
That is an opinion, and obviously where the contention lies. My opinion is opposite of yours, and I feel he is nothing more than a ratings *****, willing to do and say anything to keep a paycheck coming in. What I find so interesting is that he supposedly represents the conservatives who seem to think that own morality in this country, yet he posesses none of these morals, hmmm? Disagreeing with the government is one thing, and expressing those views I believe is necessary. However, what he (and many others) do instead, and with malicious intent, is twist and turn the truth until it resembles nothing that is once was.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:25 AM

745 posts, read 2,209,897 times
Anybody that contends Glenn Beck is a Conservative has never watched the show. I'll catch it sometimes because the time slot is inconvenient for me and Wolf Blitzer is so boring.

But I thought I'd hate Beck and his ranting and super-conservative opinions ... but I watched it and found a surprisingly clever show. He does mix in a lot of entertainment and has been on a comedy tour in the past. Nothing like the daily show, which I also watch, but still very clever and it balances out the liberal-ness of the Daily Show in my mind.

He's not conservative, but more of a Libertarian or Constitutionalist. He was very critical of Bush and the Republicans while they were in power and certainly not a right-wing mouthpiece. I have no respect for commentators like Maddow or Olbermann who are strictly supportive of anything and everything of a party. I don't much care for Hannity either but have more of a tolerance for commentators of the party not in power.

But it's very true, most liberals hate Beck because he is very smart, tells it like it is, and makes a lot of sense. If anybody truly hates Beck, they're already a long lost liberal partisan, and that type of show is suppose to get on your nerves.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:47 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,682 times
Glenn Beck is indeed very smart. Too smart for college I guess and how many smart people try to commit suicide?. Keep listening to this "smart" man.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:31 AM

15 posts, read 25,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Why? I've got a great sense of humor and remember the "Pat Paulson for President" era, but is politics really nothing but a joke to you or would you actually like to have Palin as your President?
No, my idea of a joke is a Marxist, Muslim, mulatto, abandoned son of bigamy. One who's academic and birth records are sealed.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:53 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Imagine being castaway on a desert island with Beck. You would be scavaging for sharp objects to slit your wrists .

Old 08-08-2009, 11:03 AM

745 posts, read 2,209,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Glenn Beck is indeed very smart. Too smart for college I guess ...
Fact Check: He was actually in Yale but dropped out at roughly the same time he became financially troubled from his divorce.

Unless Yale has lowered their admission standards, yes, I would stick by my statement that he is very smart. And I would say the same for anybody else that's ever been admitted to Yale even though they've recently gotten a reputation of being more of a liberal school and accused of grade inflation. It still takes intelligence to be admitted to any college, but drive, determination, and financial means for the completion of a degree. I would go even further to claim that intelligence is usually not correlated with academic achievement at all for a large number of reasons and personal circumstances.

Last edited by Trevor92; 08-08-2009 at 11:16 AM..

Old 08-08-2009, 03:01 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumerang View Post
No, my idea of a joke is a Marxist, Muslim, mulatto, abandoned son of bigamy. One who's academic and birth records are sealed.
Oh, so you dislike black people and single mothers. Gotcha.

But what about Palin? You all in for that as President?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies