Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 02:55 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
"Believe" in the Constitution? Have you read it? Completely? With all due respect, one does not "believe" in the Constitution.
The answers to your questions are:

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

To respond to your assertion that one does not "believe" in the Constitution, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution, and I would not have done so if I didn't believe in the Constitution.

With all due respect, don't tell me what I can or cannot believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 02:58 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Ah...you are seriously saying that an ENTERTAINER is trying to save our country...
Do you really believe this?
Don't you think his message would change overnight, if the people he talks to wanted to hear something else?

As much as I like the messages that are represented on Sesame St., I don't consider Big Bird to be a saviour...get it?
That's ok, just continue to drown in your ignorance... You have a lot of company here. We on the right side will continue to save you from yourselves... UHC is going down, and that is a nations saving thing...

Old 08-07-2009, 03:06 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,704,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
That's ok, just continue to drown in your ignorance... You have a lot of company here. We on the right side will continue to save you from yourselves... UHC is going down, and that is a nations saving thing...
UHC isn't even being considered. How can something "go down" when it's not even being considered as an option in the first place?

And you claim that vicket is the ignorant one...

Old 08-07-2009, 03:19 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,535,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
You have a lot of company here. We on the right side will continue to save you from yourselves

Ummmm.....isn't saving people from themselves (ie: I know better than you, but I'll help you for your own good) like the classic definition of a liberal?

Old 08-07-2009, 03:40 PM

989 posts, read 2,499,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
And I'm not sure what to think. I've been reading so much about him and how people blame him for things so I figured I'd give him a look-see.

I have to ask...is he for real? I mean it does look like a spoof, or like someone trying really hard to ACT like he's spoofing, but this is supposed to be serious? He makes funny noises, does silly voices, makes faces and mugs to the camera, does skits, etc.

I've seen Comedy Centrals shows (The Daily Show, Colbert Report) and I KNOW those are joke shows that touch on real issues, is Glen Beck's show satirical?
I can see how you'd think so. He is obnoxious on so many levels. I nearly barf every time he starts crying like a little girl. He is one of those conservatives that gives conservatism a bad name.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:49 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Ah...you are seriously saying that an ENTERTAINER is trying to save our country...
Do you really believe this?
Don't you think his message would change overnight, if the people he talks to wanted to hear something else?

As much as I like the messages that are represented on Sesame St., I don't consider Big Bird to be a saviour...get it?
can't argue with you there, since conservatives don't watch sesame street.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:53 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
The answers to your questions are:

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

To respond to your assertion that one does not "believe" in the Constitution, I took an oath to support and defend the Constitution, and I would not have done so if I didn't believe in the Constitution.

With all due respect, don't tell me what I can or cannot believe.
If I have a contract to paint your house, it matters not if I believe in it. It only matters if I perform TO IT.

If those who took the oath, are obedient to the terms, then it matters not what they believe in.

But if you DID swear an oath, how do you explain the failure to pay your debts with lawful money, as required by Article 1, Section 10?

Old 08-07-2009, 04:06 PM

15 posts, read 25,184 times
I love Glenn Beck, and I'm an atheist (I'm tolerant that way). I just ordered some "Palin 2012" hats too. I don't dare put a Palin bumper sticker on my car tho, it's too new (libs are not very tolerant).

Old 08-07-2009, 04:32 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumerang View Post
I love Glenn Beck, and I'm an atheist (I'm tolerant that way). I just ordered some "Palin 2012" hats too. I don't dare put a Palin bumper sticker on my car tho, it's too new (libs are not very tolerant).
Why? I've got a great sense of humor and remember the "Pat Paulson for President" era, but is politics really nothing but a joke to you or would you actually like to have Palin as your President?

Old 08-07-2009, 04:38 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,423 times
Beck needs some professional help. No, I am not joking just to take a shot at him. The man has major issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies