Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 09:52 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Seriously, we did not create the "mess" he refers to and he has created quite a mess of his own. I was offended.

Because his entire montage about bringing us together was crap. He wants what HE wants and does not care what the people want. It is all about HIM and how dare anyone challenge him. HE thought when he was elected that it was going to be smooth sailing for him to do whatever he wanted he never dreamed so many including those in his own party would stand up to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 09:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
This joke of a president is the one that needs to sit down and shut up! The Democrats have the votes to pass anything they want. This bum will have to quit hiding behind a Bush someday and take ownership of his decisions. If this classless fool thinks he is going to talk to the public like that when they have no control of what or out-of-control congress does he is going to see more outrage from the public. We have had just about enough of this thug from Chicago!
It is the other thugs from Chicago that I can't stand. Like the Emanuel brothers, Axelrod and Messina.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:54 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Bologna. He doesn't even need the health care industry. All he needs is the Democrats but ALAS even some of the Democrats are not playing.

Isn't it time even you expect this president to take responsibility and quit trying to blame his failures and decisions on everyone else? Can we ever expect he will MAN UP?
One way you can tell he's not talking about the people at the town hall meetings is that, obviously, they didnt "create the mess."

He's getting a tremendous amount of difficult work accomplished in an extraordinary situation and he's only been in half a year. That's like, if a four-year term = four days, he's been in only up to noon of the first day. People seem to want him to snap his fingers and have everything fixed by tomorrow morning. Why wont you face the reality that he DID inherit a horrible mess? Goodness.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i have never seen a president criticized this much 1st 6 months of office ever.
nor have i seen one do so much for the country in such a short time.
i am beginning to wonder who exactly are the people doing the hate posts.
i never see them do any posting except to bad mouth the president.
Surely you could list all the good things he has done for the country and then be ready to defend your list, if need be. Maybe just 3 things.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
I tried to rep you but couldn't--I completely agree with everything you said.

The hatemongering is not run-of-the-mill disapproval...it is treason.
More treasonous than what Bush put up with for almost his whole 8 years? I don't understand talk like that.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
treason?! yikes! ....guess we should just keep our traps shut and get out of his way.
I don't think you will do that and I can guarantee that until they lock me up for exercising my freedom of speech I won't either. I guess I am a Nazi racist so they may come after me. I didn't vote for him and that makes me racist to many of the left orientation.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:00 PM

548 posts, read 1,038,969 times
Good grief people look at where this country is heading.. it doesn't even have a whole lot to do with Obama himself it is the politicians from many years back. Republicans or Democrats they all tell us what we want to hear and then do it the way they want. No WE the people should NOT shut up...WE didn't cause this mess.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't think you will do that and I can guarantee that until they lock me up for exercising my freedom of speech I won't either. I guess I am a Nazi racist so they may come after me. I didn't vote for him and that makes me racist to many of the left orientation.
why do you all like to pretend you're victimized? You surely know the truth by now in your hearts about this "get out of the way" thing but you just cling to the romantic image of yourselves as oppressed and likely to be chased and persecuted any day now. What a strange psychology.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

do you know about that elected representative who was hanged in effigy in Maryland --

Rep. Kratovil hung in effigy by health care protester UPDATE - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com
Was that kind of like sicing a bunch of union thugs on that poor man in St. Louis? I guess that depends on whether you are talking literal or figurative.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Was that kind of like sicing a bunch of union thugs on that poor man in St. Louis? I guess that depends on whether you are talking literal or figurative.
who sicced them on the guy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies