Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 06:50 AM

639 posts, read 1,143,482 times

Advertisements

One question for the boobs that want government run health care. Name me ONE program that the government has stuck its' greedy, bloated, greasy fingers into that is successful??? Social Security??? Almost bankrupt. Medicare??? Almost bankrupt and fraught with corruption/scandal. Medicaid??? Almost bankrupt and fraught with corruption/scandal. US Postal Service??? Getting their asses kicked by "Private" corporations while losing millions every year (at taxpayer expense). Stimulus money.....90% of it still has not been spent. I am simply AMAZED that anyone can sit here and advocate letting the government take over. They HAVE NOT even told us how much this will cost or how it will be funded!!!! When Medicare was adopted the cost estimates given to the program are now NINE times more than they ever estimated!!!!! Do we go by past history that is right before our eyes, or believe Hussein who has already lied to us so many times his nose is growing at a Pinnocchio rate?? Come on people......wake up!!!!! Health Care may need reform but not THIS reform!!!!! It kind of explains why he tried to ram it down our throats in TWO weeks.......he didn't want anyone to know what was in the bill.......the used car trickster actually almost got away with it!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 06:52 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,452,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
One question for the boobs that want government run health care. Name me ONE program that the government has stuck its' greedy, bloated, greasy fingers into that is successful??? Social Security??? Almost bankrupt. Medicare??? Almost bankrupt and fraught with corruption/scandal. Medicaid??? Almost bankrupt and fraught with corruption/scandal. US Postal Service??? Getting their asses kicked by "Private" corporations while losing millions every year (at taxpayer expense). Stimulus money.....90% of it still has not been spent. I am simply AMAZED that anyone can sit here and advocate letting the government take over. They HAVE NOT even told us how much this will cost or how it will be funded!!!! When Medicare was adopted the cost estimates given to the program are now NINE times more than they ever estimated!!!!! Do we go by past history that is right before our eyes, or believe Hussein who has already lied to us so many times his nose is growing at a Pinnocchio rate?? Come on people......wake up!!!!! Health Care may need reform but not THIS reform!!!!! It kind of explains why he tried to ram it down our throats in TWO weeks.......he didn't want anyone to know what was in the bill.......the used car trickster actually almost got away with it!!!!

I guess I read and comprehend faster then you do.

You are another person whose opinion is of no consequence because it wouldn't matter what Obama did or how much it helped the US, you would still be against him because he is a Democrat.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:53 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,203,176 times
COBRA cost more than 50% of your pay if you get unemployed right now. Never has unemployment been a more real potential event than right now. What would you do then pommysmommy?

Most people don't pay it is what happens and then end up with astronomical medical bills and then they file bankruptsy and most bankruptsies are for excessive medical bills- guess who pays for that? You do.

I'm not proposing any answers here just providing some info on the big picture of reality.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:56 AM

639 posts, read 1,143,482 times
Negative...you are wrong....come up with a plan that makes sense, explain it to the American people in a coherent fashion and maybe, just maybe some people would change their minds. Once again, do we believe the Obama that said in 2003 and again in 2007 (tapes available on Youtube) that he wanted to eliminate private insurance for a single payer option or the Obama of today who says he never said the public option was a deal breaker. The man is a swindler. He is a minor leaguer playing Chicago politics in the White House. NEVER did I mention Democrat or Republican in my post....I stated facts that cover MANY administrations, both Republican and Democrat......you just cannot face the facts as posted.....I'm sorry for that but the government HAS NOT EARNED OUR TRUST. If you want to give it to them, that is your choice....I for one do not trust a WORD they say.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:10 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,203,176 times
Consider this. Not as an answer but consider it conceptually. Businesses do this all the time. Let's say you own a small business -for the sake of this let's say you sell appliances. You are competing with major stores like sears and best buy who have more buying power than you do. Many small businesses will develop a consortium and pool together to purchase in larger quanitity to lower their cost (this is legal and not anti-trust). Apply that same logic to health care. Combine this with the amount and statistics with my above post.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:08 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,347,300 times
82.6% of insured Americans families that spend more than 10% of income on health coverage, and 76.4% of insured Americans families spend more than 25% of income on coverage.

This is taking way too much money out of the consumers pocket. Single payer is absolutely the way to go if we want to save our economy. Along with tax reform and budgetary cuts. There's no reason for our take home percentage is the same here as it is in Canada. We get way less for our tax dollar than they do. Probably than most industrialized nations.

It's so simple to fix but people want to see our country flush money down the toilet on principle. I don't understand why we do that to ourselves when there's a more fiscally sound way of doing things. We could increase revenues through tax reform and cut over $200+ billion annually just by cutting the fat in Washington.

Last edited by ozzie679; 08-23-2009 at 08:29 AM..

Old 08-23-2009, 08:16 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,815,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
82.6% of insured Americans families that spend more than 10% of income on health coverage, and 76.4% of insured Americans families spend more than 25% of income on coverage.

This is taking way too much money out of the consumers pocket. Single payer is absolutely the way to go if we want to save our economy. Along with tax reform and budgetary cuts. There's no reason for our take home percentage is the same here as it is in Canada. We get way less for our tax dollar than they do. Probably than most industrialized nations.

It's so simple to fix but people want to see our country flush money down the toilet on principle. I don't understand why we do that to ourselves when there's a more fiscally sound way of doing things. We could increase revenues through tax reform and cut over $200+ billion annually just by cutting the fat in Washington.

I agree, but then how could CEOs of healthcare companies like UHC give themselves billion dollar bonuses?

Old 08-23-2009, 01:43 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,713,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jja100 View Post
Yes, not only are they counting these people... but they are also counting the 6-10 million illegal immigrants in this country that don't have it.

You can conclude that Obama wants to rehaul our healthcare system for less than 10% of our population.
Or the tens of millions of seniors who will be living on the streets if we do nothing and Dick Armey/ Freedomworks win their Law Suit

Old 08-23-2009, 02:02 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,347,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I agree, but then how could CEOs of healthcare companies like UHC give themselves billion dollar bonuses?
Because UnitedHealth Group Q2 Profit Jumps 155%

and that's with a lower enrollment.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:41 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,313,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I guess this is more Republican lying about the health plan proposal. Sad when a group has to resort to this rather then actually debating the issue.

In the UK, the NHS is paid for by taking (last I heard) 45 pounds a month from each working persons paycheck. If you are a stay at home Mom, or handicapped or a child then you don't have to pay anything. 45 pounds isn't HALF of what someone earns.
That is about $195 a month, US dollars. If you make $10/hour, that is about 10% of your gross income. That is about the same as France or Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies