Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 08:53 PM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
T4 existed because people felt ambivalent about it.
not sure what T4 is or means
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 08:53 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
If a woman does not wish to be a "walking incubator" then she should think twice about engaging in sex.
Oh, please, not this again. We both know that logical thinking becomes non existent when caught in the throes of passion.

If pigs could fly, then they would be birds....

Last edited by ray1945; 08-23-2009 at 09:17 PM..

Old 08-23-2009, 08:57 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
Was it the same number of abortions that are being performed today? I sincerely doubt that.
Well, the population is greater today so the raw numbers are probably higher. And there was no record keeping of illegal abortions like there is of legal ones. It's really hard to say if the rate of abortions has changed. Abortions were not uncommon prior to Roe v Wade. And there were many women who had multiple abortions back then. Because birth control was less reliable and depended pretty much on using some sort of barrier -- remember, the pill was just coming begining to be widely used -- and spontaneous sexual encounters often were unprotected, there were a lot of unwanted pregnancies.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:57 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
I asked you a question because your posts are pretty much unintelligible and I needed clarification on what point you were trying to make. I have no idea what you are talking about with that link request or that comment about NARAL propaganda. I didn't understand your babble when I first saw it in response to what the other poster said, I don't understand it now and I have no intentions of finding some link to ......something. I asked a question trying to sort out what you were saying and rather than answer it, you asked a totally meaningless question of me. And then the snark.

That'll teach me to try to make sense of your posts. That won't happen again.

My post was in response to one by WhoMe. It really never concerned you.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:02 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
My post was in response to one by WhoMe. It really never concerned you.
If you want to have a private conversation that others are suppose to ignore, use the message function. It's a public forum. You posted something unintelligible and I had every right to ask you for a clarification.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:02 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Well, the population is greater today so the raw numbers are probably higher. And there was no record keeping of illegal abortions like there is of legal ones. It's really hard to say if the rate of abortions has changed. Abortions were not uncommon prior to Roe v Wade. And there were many women who had multiple abortions back then. Because birth control was less reliable and depended pretty much on using some sort of barrier -- remember, the pill was just coming beginning to be widely used -- and spontaneous sexual encounters often were unprotected, there were a lot of unwanted pregnancies.

Since contraception is more effective today, what rationalization can be made for why we still need abortion?

Old 08-23-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Since contraception is more effective today, why do we need abortion?
contraception fails. sometimes people forget. abortion is a fact of life. legal or not

Old 08-23-2009, 09:04 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Why?

Just because you do not like it? Sounds like an Obama thing.

Please keep it up Logic, some of these people need all the help they can get.
Seems like you need all the help you can get. Your obsessive thoughts and posts about Obama indicate that you need help.

Religious preaching does NOT belong on these part of the forum. Don't like it. Tough luck. You agreed to the Terms of Service or do you need help even understanding that.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:05 PM

284 posts, read 543,034 times
Quote:
I don't oppose food stamps and other forms of welfare. I just think those programs need better oversight but should not be abolished.

Ok.... Let's have it your way for a second:

2012: Abortion becomes illegal. An 18 year-old dirt poor, unemployed, high-school dropout was forced to give birth to a baby she would have rather aborted. The father is MIA. Three of the babies grandparents have already passed away and the sole surviving one is addicted to crack-cocaine. When she sees the new miracle she falls instantly in love with it's beautiful brown skin and wonders how she could have ever thought of ending the life of something so wonderful. New mommy and baby are left to fend for themselves. When mother and baby leave the hospital she goes down to social services and applies for food stamps, WIC, monthly welfare checks, Section-8 to pay her rent, applies for state provided insurance coverage for the baby, and applies for charity care at the local hospital for herself.

Would you grant her all that she applies for? And if so, for how long?

Old 08-23-2009, 09:06 PM

T4 must be the terminator movie =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies