Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 08:29 AM

8,290 posts, read 23,120,137 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry but I have had it with this president. I'm didn't vote for the guy but at the same time I wasn't completely opposed to him being president. I was 80/20 against him, but I have had it now with his stupid obama care and now he screws over Polska and Czech after we supported this country in everything for the last 20 years. The US's two biggest allies are UK and Poland and now he just wants to pull the Missile defense system after we agreed on the whole deal...BAD BUSINESS. I'm furious you have no idea.

There is no reason to do this now, what happens now. There is no upside to this. Now Russia thinks it has the upper hand and we pander to another nation. I'm all for diplomacy but this is a walk in the opposite direction. There is no reason to scrap this idea especially when the two sides already agreed and then Obama gets elected and says to hell with it we are scrapping the Missile defense system.

EDITORIAL: Obama jilts Poland and the Czech Republic - Washington Times

Obama Officially Abandons Missile Defense in Europe » The Foundry

BBC NEWS | Europe | Obama denies Poland missile vow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 08:50 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
as far as I can tell from the least slanted link you provide -- the BBC article -- it's being looked at for costs -- not abandoned. The other links are guesses and "it appears" based on one interpretatin of one Polish news article, or editorial, not sure which. In any case no decision until Sept. -- these editorials saying it's a done deal are fear-mongering.

Poland expects U.S. decision on shield in September | Reuters

".... Barack Obama has said he needs to review the costs and viability of the controversial plan."

Old 08-28-2009, 08:54 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
as far as I can tell from the least slanted link you provide -- the BBC article -- it's being looked at for costs -- not abandoned. The other links are guesses and "it appears" based on one interpretatin of one Polish news article, or editorial, not sure which. In any case no decision until Sept. -- these editorials saying it's a done deal are fear-mongering.

".... Barack Obama has said he needs to review the costs and viability of the controversial plan."
sounds like he is on track with his promises. i like it that the russians are not screaming anymore.
but then again this is a hard right OP, i mean they are outraged that he took his shirt off at the ocean beach to swim with his family.
i dont think this is a pro obama thread.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:56 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,852,080 times
I'd think anyone with a brain would be happy not to pour billions of our dollars into a SYSTEM THAT DOESN'T WORK. What happened to the hollering on here about how "the deficit is killing us". If the European Union wants a missle defense system let them build it. Of course before anyone builds it they're first going to have to make one that WORKS.

golfgod

Old 08-28-2009, 08:56 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,975,389 times
Score one for the good guys (non-interventionists).

Old 08-28-2009, 08:59 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
We are broke. Can we afford to put missiles anywhere?
I know this is a missile shield to protect us from missiles. As most know I am a defence hawk that really believes in making sure our military gets the money that it needs. In this case I am questioning how important said shield is.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:59 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I'm sorry but I have had it with this president. I'm didn't vote for the guy but at the same time I wasn't completely opposed to him being president. I was 80/20 against him, but I have had it now with his stupid obama care and now he screws over Polska and Czech after we supported this country in everything for the last 20 years. The US's two biggest allies are UK and Poland and now he just wants to pull the Missile defense system after we agreed on the whole deal...BAD BUSINESS. I'm furious you have no idea.

There is no reason to do this now, what happens now. There is no upside to this. Now Russia thinks it has the upper hand and we pander to another nation. I'm all for diplomacy but this is a walk in the opposite direction. There is no reason to scrap this idea especially when the two sides already agreed and then Obama gets elected and says to hell with it we are scrapping the Missile defense system.

EDITORIAL: Obama jilts Poland and the Czech Republic - Washington Times

Obama Officially Abandons Missile Defense in Europe » The Foundry

BBC NEWS | Europe | Obama denies Poland missile vow

Wait let me understand this...your bytching because the President is looking at cost to avoid adding to the already growing deficit, the same deficit that EVERYONE including the right has been hammering for months...
RIGHT

Old 08-28-2009, 09:03 AM

8,290 posts, read 23,120,137 times
Obama worried about cost? since when. If you believe he is worried about cost then you might be the most naive person in the world. This was a done deal already, why go back on it! besides Poland sent over thousands of troops to help the war, Poland has done a lot for the US. Poland was looking forward to having the US help build up it's military in exchange for the defense system.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:07 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Obama worried about cost? since when. If you believe he is worried about cost then you might be the most naive person in the world. This was a done deal already, why go back on it! besides Poland sent over thousands of troops to help the war, Poland has done a lot for the US. Poland was looking forward to having the US help build up it's military in exchange for the defense system.

Who the heck Cares if they sent troops over to the war? We have spent trillions and lost ovre 4K troops in a sensless war.
YES, cost...what ever your issues are with spending, the bottom line, their trying to evaluate what they can cut or put on hold to explain how their going to pay for some of these items like Health Care...
Wrong or right. But i would much rather they STOP sending our tax payers money to other countries and worry about the U.S FIRST

Old 08-28-2009, 09:07 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Since when does Obama care how much something cost?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies