Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2009, 12:50 AM

65 posts, read 143,008 times

Advertisements

Thanks, to both of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 01:02 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
I can't believe this topic is up to 11 pages. I thought this was a non-issue news story when I saw that the flag was not going to fly above the White House. I wouldn't have even had a problem if the Chinese flag was flown above the White House below the American Flag if the leader of China was within the White House.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:29 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Is communism the only effective counter to religious extremism?

Just curious, which group would you rather the U.S. be indebted, China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Germany, Japan, the Vatican . . ?

Old 09-05-2009, 03:34 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
GOOD LORD....WTH has happened to this country!
The democrats.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:16 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,169,437 times
Money wise, China owns us and they know it. Obama will kiss their behinds so he can borrow more money from them in the future for his extravagant spending that so far doesn't seem to be helping the common working American and just fullfills his spending habits to take total government control of everyone's lives.
In the not too distant future, the Chinese flag might very well be flying above the Stars and Stripes and Chinese will be a compulsary language to be taught in schools.
I wonder how you say uh, oh, ah, in Chinese. These seem to be Obama's favorite words.
They generaly come from a confused person or someone who has ulterior motives and can't think fast enough to speak the right words to hide those motives from intelligent people.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-05-2009 at 06:22 AM.. Reason: doesn't make sense

Old 09-05-2009, 04:36 AM

65 posts, read 143,008 times
Personally, I don't want to see any other country's flag fly above ours, on top of the white house.
I just want responsible government. Is that too much to hope for, or ask for?
Bush and Obama both spend money like pimps with a week to live. This has to stop!

There are so many ways that this country could be brought back to health, but too many politicians with ulterior motives and greedy agendas will never allow anything helpful to ever happen.

I keep hearing people say good things about Ron Paul and he's a Constitutionalist. If he runs in 2012, I just may vote for him.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:50 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,672,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving.Illinois View Post
Personally, I don't want to see any other country's flag fly above ours, on top of the white house.
well lucky for you it's not happening with china's.

even when it does happen (which is normal when a head of state is visiting the white house), i doubt it's flown ABOVE the american flag. the article certainly doesn't indicate that it would be.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:37 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
The democrats.
And yet the only time the Chinese flag flew at the White House was during the Bush adminstration...... Bush was a Republican, in case you forgot.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:40 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
well lucky for you it's not happening with china's.

even when it does happen (which is normal when a head of state is visiting the white house), i doubt it's flown ABOVE the american flag. the article certainly doesn't indicate that it would be.
No foreign flag is flown over the White House. When another country's flag is flown, it is flown on the lawn.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:59 AM

125 posts, read 140,790 times
Default Symbol of Freedom and Communism Together?

I've seen one story about this flag of China's being flown over our White house. The news media hasn't said a word, yet.
I don't think obama wanted to be President of the United States of America. He doesn't care about our freedom, our traditions, the American people, or anything that has made America great.
I've seen other flags being carried by people that are not citizens, and waving them proudly, it's sickening. Unfortunately, they are free to do it in our country. If they are so proud of their flag, they should go fly it in their own country. But, never, ever, has another country's flag been flown on the White house lawn.
If obama actually does this, he should be impeached. Our flag is a symbol of our great country, just as the White house is, and he has no respect for either one. He keeps pushing to see how much he can get away with .
What's next? The hammer and sickle above our flag? Maybe our flag disappearing all together?
If we had known during his campaign the things we know now, I doubt he would have been elected. There are countries that agree with his un American mind set, he should go and run one of them into the ground.
Well, he said he was going to " fundamentally " change America. is this really what we want?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies