Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 07:23 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times

Advertisements

I just think that its sad that this idiot woman actually procreated and is rearing a child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 07:29 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
It's called politics. Are you under some illusion that any politician stops campaining after the election is over?
Yes it is. Politics itself is not bad, playing it, and pushing it over the welfare of the nation, however is. Anybody with more than an ounce of brain should be able to see that. Yet, politicians succeed, because simpletons abound to help them. Self-defeaters, as I like to call them.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:36 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Yes it is. Politics itself is not bad, playing it, and pushing it over the welfare of the nation, however is. Anybody with more than an ounce of brain should be able to see that. Yet, politicians succeed, because simpletons abound to help them. Self-defeaters, as I like to call them.
No no no, politics are good. You only view it as bad or putting it first when you are having a hard time. It is easy to favor politics when you are getting your way but when the sledding gets tough it is politics fault. It is remakable to rewad the pajoratives thrown around here. It is always the other guy who is a moron. LOL.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:37 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,232,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Nice rationalization. People can disagree with Obama and not be racist.
As I stated in another post in this thread. People can disagree with Obama and not be racist. And many people who object to Obama are racist. Both those statements can be true.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:53 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
As I stated in another post in this thread. People can disagree with Obama and not be racist. And many people who object to Obama are racist. Both those statements can be true.

As can be said of any politician or person for that matter.

Last edited by shorebaby; 09-07-2009 at 08:18 PM..

Old 09-08-2009, 07:44 AM

57 posts, read 115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
Originally Posted by Bambina: That's why Obama should attack education before HealthCare. This country is plain stupid.

No kidding......look who they elected President.

I know right! Bush was the stupidest president ever!! Glad I didn't go down for having voted for him!

Old 09-08-2009, 07:51 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
Originally Posted by Bambina: That's why Obama should attack education before HealthCare. This country is plain stupid.

No kidding......look who they elected President.

Yes THEY did, and in this country it means he is OUR President

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...fcMWAD9AIQR4O0

Old 09-08-2009, 07:51 AM

57 posts, read 115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Let's see.... liberals were "deranged" about Bush over invading a country that hadn't done anything to us, and killing their people (and our soldiers in the process), sitting on his azz during Katrina and saying "heck of a job", spying on us, torture, politicization of the Justice Department, saying the economy was fine over and over in spite of the warnings....

And conservatives are deranged about Obama over a birth certificate, his school records, his preacher, a man who lived on his block, his wife's bare arms, helping GM employees not all lose their jobs, taking action to prevent the banking system collapse (remember no one getting credit?), trying to turn the economy around, and, oh yeah, a speech to inspire kids to do well in school.

Just in case someone skips to the end I want them to read this again.
Thank you for being normal! I'm not alone!

Old 09-08-2009, 07:56 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
WTF is wrong with these people??
Honestly, this is what happens from severe brainwashing via fear and hate-mongering. I've seen it happen with religion as well (raised Seventh Day Adventist. I saw people I grew up with end up in mental institutions for psychiatric evaluation because they were so brain-washed that they were sinners and were going to go to h*ll and burn for all eternity. They were literally living in terror and fear. It makes me very sad to think of those people and see what became of them. I knew them as nice, normal children....).

The propoganda and brain-washing that is coming from the extreme right-wing is downright cruel and criminal. Anyone who gets paid to disseminate so much fear and hate should be ashamed of themselves. Hope the $$millions they make is worth it to them. I would hate to have that sort of thing on my conscience.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:59 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I just think that its sad that this idiot woman actually procreated and is rearing a child.
And (if it hasn't already been said before), the saddest and most tragic part of all of this is that her child is being exposed to this. As I put in my prior post, I was exposed to a lot of religious fear-mongering growing up as a child. It's taken decades for me to regain a sense of normalcy and not fear the world as I did during my growing up years. It literally makes me sick to my stomach knowing what this child hears and sees in her home every single day. This is NOT good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies