Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 04:28 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Just by crying like this it shows her thinking emotionally as opposed to rationally about this speech. It's a speech from the POTUS (Bush Sr. and Reagan did it) and he will probably talk about not doing drugs, staying in school and working hard. Horrible message......I know

You left out "What should I do to help the president?", but you probably don't see the problem with that either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 04:32 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You left out "What should I do to help the president?", but you probably don't see the problem with that either.
Yes, the old sentiment, "What can I do to serve my country?" had become quite corrupted by the time the Obama administration wrote its megalomaniac tutorial.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Yes, the old sentiment, "What can I do to serve my country?" had become quite corrupted by the time the Obama administration wrote its megalomaniac tutorial.
A world of difference betwen "What can I do to serve my country?" and "What can I do to serve the president?". Liberals will never understand that.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:49 AM

481 posts, read 943,977 times
Quote:
A world of difference betwen "What can I do to serve my country?" and "What can I do to serve the president?". Liberals will never understand that.
A perfect illustration of how certain people twist words to better serve their purpose. The question wasn't "What can I do to serve my President?". I'm sure after a few more posts you would have it changed to saying "What can I do to cater to every whim that the all mighty Obama asks of me regardless of what my parents views are?"

Out of curiousty though, why is it that you are so against a suggested lesson plan, that is not mandatory, having one of the questions be "What can I do to help the President?" in a discussion on the President's speech about Staying in School? Are you concerned that the teacher is a communist and will drift the conversation off into talking about health care and abortions and then ask the question? Are you worried that one of the President's ideas on how to stay in school is to have all teenage girls who get pregnent have mandated abortions so they can stay in school and so you don't want your child "helping" Obama in that way? Seriously, what is it that is so offensive in the call to action by the POTUS? I mean Bush asked all of us to help him by donating money, time, and good to the victims of Katrina and I don't remember anyone saying "What? Bush asked me to help? Hell No! Forget it. Because it was him who asked then I refuse. Screw 'em!"

Old 09-07-2009, 05:53 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,629,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
I mean Bush asked all of us to help him by donating money, time, and good to the victims of Katrina and I don't remember anyone saying "What? Bush asked me to help? Hell No! Forget it. Because it was him who asked then I refuse. Screw 'em!"
"Help him by donating........?" Now, you're the only one twisting words.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:59 AM

7 posts, read 10,783 times
As for the difference between what a liberal understands and what a conservative does not... it's illustrated pretty clearly in the video. I don't ever remember crying because my children might have hear what Bush had to say. Being open minded and teaching children to form their own opinions and make up their own minds... something I suppose conservatives will never understand.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
A perfect illustration of how certain people twist words to better serve their purpose. The question wasn't "What can I do to serve my President?". I'm sure after a few more posts you would have it changed to saying "What can I do to cater to every whim that the all mighty Obama asks of me regardless of what my parents views are?"

Out of curiousty though, why is it that you are so against a suggested lesson plan, that is not mandatory, having one of the questions be "What can I do to help the President?" in a discussion on the President's speech about Staying in School? Are you concerned that the teacher is a communist and will drift the conversation off into talking about health care and abortions and then ask the question? Are you worried that one of the President's ideas on how to stay in school is to have all teenage girls who get pregnent have mandated abortions so they can stay in school and so you don't want your child "helping" Obama in that way? Seriously, what is it that is so offensive in the call to action by the POTUS? I mean Bush asked all of us to help him by donating money, time, and good to the victims of Katrina and I don't remember anyone saying "What? Bush asked me to help? Hell No! Forget it. Because it was him who asked then I refuse. Screw 'em!"

Yep.

Like I said, the difference between those two questions is a puzzeling riddle to the leftist.

See, we don't work for the president or any other elected official. They work for us and are accountable to us. They would change relationship if they could get away with it, but, as you see, it ain't flying. The American people are as fired-up as I've ever seen, and we will not be pushed into a corner. This administration and the Democratic party generally are out of step with middle America and will return to minority status shortly because of that.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:10 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
Originally Posted by Bambina: That's why Obama should attack education before HealthCare. This country is plain stupid.

No kidding......look who they elected President.
Look at what the choice was.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:17 AM

7 posts, read 10,783 times
Quote:
Yep.

This administration and the Democratic party generally are out of step with middle America and will return to minority status shortly because of that.
Of course they are. Which is why apparently we all got amnesia on 11/4 and voted for who we didn't actually want as president... (Right. )

2012 is not so far away. You do get to vote again. It will all be ok.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:19 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,234,121 times
Did you see her husband laugh when she started crying? LOL, Even he knows she's full of shiznit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies