Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 06:38 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times

Advertisements

Let's see.... liberals were "deranged" about Bush over invading a country that hadn't done anything to us, and killing their people (and our soldiers in the process), sitting on his azz during Katrina and saying "heck of a job", spying on us, torture, politicization of the Justice Department, saying the economy was fine over and over in spite of the warnings....

And conservatives are deranged about Obama over a birth certificate, his school records, his preacher, a man who lived on his block, his wife's bare arms, helping GM employees not all lose their jobs, taking action to prevent the banking system collapse (remember no one getting credit?), trying to turn the economy around, and, oh yeah, a speech to inspire kids to do well in school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 06:58 AM

481 posts, read 942,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
"Help him by donating........?" Now, you're the only one twisting words.
Um, considering I lived in Broward County, Florida during Hurricane Dennis, Katrina, Wilma, and Rita I have a pretty good memory of what went on in 2005 and more then once the Bush Administration and Bush himself asked "us" to help "him" and "them". And there is no reason for him and them not, too. So you know I am right and you know I have a point.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:28 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
Originally Posted by Bambina: That's why Obama should attack education before HealthCare. This country is plain stupid.

No kidding......look who they elected President.
Who did you vote for?

Old 09-07-2009, 08:14 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,626,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedmom View Post
Um, considering I lived in Broward County, Florida during Hurricane Dennis, Katrina, Wilma, and Rita I have a pretty good memory of what went on in 2005 and more then once the Bush Administration and Bush himself asked "us" to help "him" and "them". And there is no reason for him and them not, too. So you know I am right and you know I have a point.
Those words might be helpful and humane in a natural disaster (I assume that you're thankful Bush used those words, as you claim), but to promote a political agenda..........??????!

Can't you see the difference? Obama is not asking for help on any one incident or problem.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:17 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
So it was totally acceptable that the left wing cried when Obama was elected, but dont dare let someone who opposes him cry.. nooo.. thats just "stupid"..

Old 09-07-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
well he is the President now...if you're still crying in either side, I think you got some serious problems....
Was that an attempt to credit the left while discrediting the right? FAIL..

The left cried also after obama was president, just for different reasons..

Old 09-07-2009, 08:35 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,454,424 times
frankly I don't have time nor the energy (it is Labor Day afterall), but I don't think I agreed with you on ANY of them (and I am not liberal....I am an independent)

Old 09-07-2009, 08:36 AM

1,418 posts, read 3,454,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Was that an attempt to credit the left while discrediting the right? FAIL..

The left cried also after obama was president, just for different reasons..
I'm aware of that, my point is that the business of managing the country is at hand, and it's time for rational thinking on both sides (yes even if you didn't vote for the man).

Old 09-07-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielmina View Post
I'm aware of that, my point is that the business of managing the country is at hand, and it's time for rational thinking on both sides (yes even if you didn't vote for the man).
I'm sorry but my children will not listen to a president ask them for help to bother the crap out of me to support passing bills and laws that I object to. They dont have the education level to understand where the duties and responsibilities of the federal government end, and my children surely doesnt have to work to pay for them.

Thats beyond an all time low for a politician. Its one thing to "allow" my children the misconception that Obama = good by not attempting to educate them on the facts, (I allow them to make up their own minds and they are too young to understand why he is wrong), its a completely different story when they are asked to ignore my authority as their parent so they can "help the president" violate the 10th amendment to the Constitution.

The worse part is, you think that asking children for help is rational and that Obama should attack "education", a STATE obligation, and I'll be damned if I have my children listen to someone tell them that its their obligation to help the "President" (regardless as to who they might be) pass bills into law that bankrupt my childrens future..

Old 09-07-2009, 08:52 AM

481 posts, read 942,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Those words might be helpful and humane in a natural disaster (I assume that you're thankful Bush used those words, as you claim), but to promote a political agenda..........??????!

Can't you see the difference? Obama is not asking for help on any one incident or problem.
Holy cow. First your defense was to accuse me of twisting words. Now it's saying that it's OK because he was alluding to a natural disaster. You come up with more ways to evade the truth, you could have worked for the Bush administration yourself. My goodness.

OK, I guess now I have to spend time debating this new angle of yours. Fine. Achem.....

How is staying in school a political message? One could even argue that the sorry state of our educational system is a disaster. Maybe not a natural one, but just as catastrophic. In what way would the Rep.'s message be any different on this issue? If the speech were on health care, abortion, stem cell research, taxes, or gay rights I could see a political agenda brewing. But staying in school? You are so anti-Obama that you can't even get on board with THAT plan? That's the issue here. That the media has brainwashed people and injected so much bias and polarization into their journalism that people are jumping on bandwagons like lemmings when noramlly they would use common sense. This is just another instance of fear mongering by the media and those in the govt. to sell more paper and get more votes.

"Obama is speaking directly to YOUR CHILDREN and he wants THEIR help!!!"

Ahhhhhh, run, cover their ears, build an underground Obama-shelter. G-d what the heck is wrong with people. One giant backwards step for mankind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies