Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 01:45 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,311,261 times

Advertisements

Harry - Years ago in grade school there was a bully. All the moms told us kids to reach out to him and be nice to him and include him. All the dads told us to gang up and beat the crud out of him. A bully will always be a bully until somebody stomps him good. These anti-gun people are bullys. The supreme court will eventually stomp them hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 01:49 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Limiting purchase to 50 rounds per month basically kills target shooting sports. Gun owners have been defacto disarmed and prohibited from target sports and practice with this law. The fact is people who hate guns used this legislation to attack gun owners and used crime as a excuse to do so.

Not to mention the ability to order ammo online where many times that is the only way to get ammo for a obsolete or antique firearm.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:30 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,489,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Harry - Years ago in grade school there was a bully. All the moms told us kids to reach out to him and be nice to him and include him. All the dads told us to gang up and beat the crud out of him. A bully will always be a bully until somebody stomps him good. These anti-gun people are bullys. The supreme court will eventually stomp them hard.
Don't count on support by Sotomayor-type justices...

A bully is a bully,but a softie is a softie...

The anti gun leaders cannot be confronted with smooth talk,
but the anonymous Joe who is non gun ,or anti gun out of fear,
may be persuaded by us not to be a prohibitionist...

Our approach to the non/anti crowd should be...

"Non/anti yes,it' s your right,but prohibitionists... no... "

It's the prohibition that harms us,not the...feelings of other people...

Old 10-15-2009, 03:13 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I don't know, with a few exceptions, most states are going the opposite direction of CA these days. Anyone who even proposed a bill like this in a state like Alaska or even Vermont or Maine or New Hampshire would likely lose the next election.
Yes, most states have loosened their laws. Tennessee loosened theirs, Florida theirs etc....even the federal governemnt loosened theirs with the DC ban and the abolishement of the gun ban in national parks.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:43 PM

Still a long way to go,until we have no gun free zones,covering 50% of the area of any city...

However,the gun issue shows that the American spirit emerges as a winner against the anti-gun antiamerican forces...

USA is the gun culture's last stand...

All other castles,UK,CAN,AUS, fell...

Other superpowers like Russia,Japan,China,India,were never a castle...

Old 10-15-2009, 06:00 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
Still a long way to go,until we have no gun free zones,covering 50% of the area of any city...

However,the gun issue shows that the American spirit emerges as a winner against the anti-gun antiamerican forces...

USA is the gun culture's last stand...

All other castles,UK,CAN,AUS, fell...

Other superpowers like Russia,Japan,China,India,were never a castle...

Foreign Gun Owners(outside US members)...Show your stuff... - THR

take time to look through that thread.......

Old 10-15-2009, 06:06 PM

181 posts, read 707,838 times
Default Time for Arnold to go...Hasta la vista!

Sloppy legislation like this will have no measurable impact on the criminal demographic it is targeted for such as gang members, drug pushers, etc. At the most, it just expands the definition of a 'criminal' via technicality to include lawful citizens who purchase ammo for recreation and shooting sports. Where's the common sense? This is NOT progressive thinking...

Old 10-15-2009, 06:49 PM

I have personal knowledge about euro gun attitude,they are deadbeats & prohibitionists...

Their common reaction is..."we don't need guns"...

Unable to understand the terms,need,desire,personal freedom to choose...

So it is ...asta la vista Old Continent...

Old 12-10-2009, 06:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
According to the article he is worried about felons and gang members buying it. So, all you gotta do is prove you are not a criminal, and you can buy all the ammo you want. What's the big deal? What am I missing here? When I was younger, I often had to show my ID to prove my age. Big deal.

Yeah but what am i missing and i am a californian help me, felons and gang members have the means where they do not have to buy in order to get ammo or guns. I am sure they have their way of getting both without buying. I am sure criminals have their way of getting the things they want. They can always buy from the criminals themselves, to get these things, i am sure they have their way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies