Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 12:07 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,716 times

Advertisements

I've been trying to keep up with what's really going on out there. The only way to learn about the truth is research. And there sure is ALOT to look into.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 05:26 AM

136 posts, read 378,898 times
Default actually right handed

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see that you are a lefty. You do a great job of attacking the messenger like a lefty. Hey, I am one of the best of Beck supporters on either radio or TV. Don't think that I meant that the way you took it. I said it like that so the poster I aimed it at could see what the score was.

You lefties trying all the time to change the subject and attack the messenger don't really humor me at all.

look who talks about attacking the messenger, you don't know my politics, i voted for junior twice so you're the one changing the subject so stick to the real issues and i may even agree with you on some but don't label me because you can't see that all the things you are ranting about are a result of the previous administration of republican money grubbers you seem to think are holier than thou. i'am not saying there weren't any democrats there just that the republicans were in power and even during clintons presidency the republicans controlled the house so there you are sold down the river by the people you seem to think care about you when the guys who are really trying to help you are in office now while you babble about insane issues. and i will use humor or any other writing style i want because i am not intimidated by you or anyone else. try working on developing a discussion of the issues without jumping on everyone's politics because they have a different opinion from yours and you might understand what democracy really is and its not like your agressive personal style of attack on others.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:11 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,071 times
Quote:
and I intend to take some left leaning a**es with me.
Provocative, hateful, vulgar, and threatening.
Frankly, I do not see how people who monitor these forums let people get away with this type of hate speech. This person should at least be banned for at least a week for this type of hate speech.
It's obvious this person hates democrats with a passion, and would even go so far as to kill one.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...rum-rules.html

Last edited by Hombre57; 10-20-2009 at 06:22 AM..

Old 10-20-2009, 06:40 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Go ahead and discuss the thread title instead of doing your all the time attack on Fox. I didn't see Fox even mentioned until you came along.
I didn't mention Fox either. Maybe you should take your own advice and discuss the topic.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:48 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboy2454 View Post
what planet are you from?
Ever since Obama was elected Roy had been telling me that Obama will:

- form a private army
- take our children away to be brainwashed
- take all Republicans and lock them up in concentration camps
- murder the elderly to save money on healtcare

And now he s saying that we will not be allowed to vote in 2010 and 2012. Maybe he means that the concentration camps won't have polling stations.

I am not sure what planet he is from, but I think that planet has only one news outlet, and that is FOX.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:15 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Kelo upheld a century's worth of legal precedent. It was the property rights maniacs who were urging the justices to junk the Constitution and legislate from the bench...
No. There's not a century of precedence backing taking people's homes to give to a private developer. Give an inch to government and they take a mile. Amazing how quick a lefty defends corporations having such power when it attacks private property rights when at other times big corporations are denounced.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:17 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTSIMMER View Post
We hate Obama because he is destroying this economy to the point we will never pay the debt off...
Hello...we haven't paid the debt off since 1836. Okay, it wasn't actually zero then either, but at $38K, it was as close to zero as we ever got after the $75 million we started out with in 1791. Clinton did bequeath to Bush the possibility of paying off debt held by the public (a subset of the public debt) by 2010 or so, but W went on the right-wing version of Let's Make a Deal and traded that in for what was behind Door #2...a box full of tax cuts for the rich.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Lord Monckton is the "fool" who got the showing of Algore's movie stopped in British schools because they found about 20 outlandishly untrue things in it.
Speaking of outlandishly untrue...

Mr Justice Burton said he had no complaint about Gore's central thesis that climate change was happening and was being driven by emissions from humans. However, the judge said nine statements in the film were not supported by mainstream scientific consensus. In his final verdict, the judge said the film could be shown as long as updated guidelines were followed. These say teachers should point out controversial or disputed sections. Without the guidance, updated after the case was launched, the government would have been breaking the law, the judge said. The government has sent the film to all secondary schools in England, and the administrations in Wales and Scotland have done the same.

The case was brought by school governor Stewart Dimmock, from Dover, a father of two, who is a member of the New Party. His lawyers described the ruling as a "landmark victory". Mr Dimmock said: "I am elated with today's result, but still disappointed that the film is able to be shown in schools.

The BBC -- October 2007

Quote:
Talk about embarrassment from being wrong, Algore won't even discuss this crap in public. He has made his and all he wants now if Crap and Tax so he can make some more.
Every whack-job global warming denier in existence puts out some high-falutin' press release challenging Al Gore to a debate. Ten Al Gore's couldn't physically manage to debate all of them, and there isn't any actual point to debating any of them, since they all have the same trumped up, overblown, and completely unsupportable case to make.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Yep, we do. However, as long as warmers are in control of our government we won't be needing all that oil. They never did figure out how we could use our own while we perfect other sources so they just shut our sources down as far as new ones are concerned.
What would the pump-price per gallon be for gasoline refined from all that "technically recoverable" oil would you say???

Old 10-20-2009, 07:56 AM

136 posts, read 378,898 times
Default oil and gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
What would the pump-price per gallon be for gasoline refined from all that "technically recoverable" oil would you say???
an easy 6 or 7 bucks a gallon, that oil takes tremendous energy just to make it usable. then oil that is of higher grade is tens of miles below ground. we have natural gas here, the marsalis shale they call it, all the beverly hillbillies are about to cash in here and be able to pay their outrageous state taxes and their mortgages for a change and more power to them. every day they realize its bigger than they thought, we have the largest companies in texas setting up shop right here in upstate ny and you can use natural gas to power cars too. entire communities are banding together to sign leases with the oil companies. it may not help to slow global warming but its ours and there is lots more they haven't found yet. global warming? everyone can see it, in the 60's i made a fortune every year as a kid shoveling snow that we don't get anymore. we have had several 100 and 500 year diasters in the last decade, i trained for katrina and went to ike and several ny flood areas and work in an industry that never existed until after hurricane andrew, there is definitely something going on with global warming that we see everywhere. a country in the mediterrainean(sic) sea had their senate meet underwater in scuba suits because they are 5 feet above sea level and will be gone in 20 or 30 years and they have been there for centuries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies