Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 10:00 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemeatball View Post
This is unfair for all the other male prisoner in that same facility.
Yes, because they're all such stand-up kinda guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 10:51 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,927,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selmahouse View Post
You should go there and protest the administration. You guys have missed a salient point here.....and that is, there was NO PROTEST against this "anti-LGBT" move solely because this was a black university, had it been any school with a White-majority and all hell would have broken loose, perhaps Jesse Jackson might even have shown up to support the people whose civil rights were taken by this decision. Once again, the Liberal Left gives a free pass to this university because it's a black institution, because the Liberal Left saves their hate for Whites or Christians.
Did you miss the part about the schools LGBTQ club voted in favor of this measure?

Old 10-19-2009, 11:01 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,208,386 times
I wonder, what is considered to be cross-dressing? Considering that this is a private HBCU (and is thus very Christian-oriented) tight pants, women's shirts that look like men's shirts, and spandex might be considered cross-dressing. Oh well, as long as this isn't a public school, there's nothing that can be done.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:04 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
thats it i will never attend an all male college again in my life.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:08 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,208,386 times
BTW, the main focus on this dress code was the thuggish looking clothing that was apparently becoming rampant. This no cross-dressing rule was just added along with it for the few guys who did cross-dress.

Black College Wire - Morehouse Dress Code Contains Surprises

Old 10-20-2009, 01:35 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,305,742 times
This happens under bad parenting.........No boy growing up wants to be a TS or TV!

Old 10-20-2009, 01:51 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,305,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballakev View Post
Sure it doesn't bother me. The only problem I have with this act is that it confuses the young minds of our society, so as to perverse them into this so called accepted lifestyle. That's why I wouldn't mind going back to the days when cross-dressing was illegal.
Great call!

Old 10-20-2009, 10:07 AM

1,817 posts, read 4,927,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellness View Post
This happens under bad parenting.........No boy growing up wants to be a TS or TV!
Thanks Mr. Cleaver.

Old 10-20-2009, 11:52 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,976,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
They are freaks and weirdos, that's why
I don't understand the need for men to cross dress, but there are a lot of things that I admit to not understanding. They don't repulse me, but are a kind of curiosity.
As long as people are not hurting each other, I see little wrong with it, frankly.
I just think there are appropriate venues for certain behavior and that should be respected.
I don't like gays kissing in public with more than a peck, but I find straights doing the same thing equally repulsive.
I find overly made up women who flaunt their sexuality distasteful and I have the same thought about cross dressing, but since I don't go to places where men flamboyantly dress as women those guys are not at all irritating to me.

I used to be repulsed at Catholic priests in their skirts and also by men in kilts, but these are things I have gotten used to and now consider perfectly normal and acceptable. I think discrete cross dressing could be accepted over time.
Good luck in finding women's plus sizes in today's restricted marketplace, though.

Last edited by goldengrain; 10-20-2009 at 12:10 PM..

Old 10-20-2009, 12:00 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,976,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
They are freaks and weirdos, that's why
I think each of us is unique, which probably makes each a weirdo in someone's book.
It's part of the world God gave us, to my way of thinking.

The people I have a real problem with is serial or mass killers, rapists, child molesters. I think many of these people were born defective, but they harm society.

Excepting the above, those who are born different than the
majority of us are not shunned unless, oddly, the difference is in sexual areas. Then so many people seem (pretend to be?) horrified. But they harm no one and I think they have an equal right to seek happiness in life as I.

I can understand schools wanting to deter crime and attire that makes students appear to be thugs, but cross dressing is not in that category. Cross dressing does not mean that a guy is gay, either. Some just enjoy playing dress up. I don't think Guilliani is gay(but who knows? Hoover sure surprised us. )

Last edited by goldengrain; 10-20-2009 at 12:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies