Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2009, 12:20 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,558 times

Advertisements

Why are people surprised that Palin lied? She is infamous for lying and going off on insane rants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 12:24 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Why are people surprised that Palin lied? She is infamous for lying and going off on insane rants.
The Palin-lovers say not, that she doesn't lie and makes perfect sense. Just had that conversation with one of them in RL. Every lie I mentioned was countered with "Well, I don't know about that..." I guess if you want to love Sarah, you just bury your head in the sand.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:26 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,558 times
If Palin told the truth or said something that made sense, now that would be newsworthy. I would be shocked.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:56 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
The store screwed up by scheduling too short a period (3 hours) for the book signing.

The whinners here need to get over it. Palins fans have

Old 11-21-2009, 01:05 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The complainers are in shock that so many people showed up. After all nobody likes her.
Why would you waste your time typing anything like that? No one ever claimed that nobody likes her. We may not understand why people like her but we are fully aware that she has a fierce, loyal following.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Anyone who has ever served on a school board, city council, county board, etc. recognizes Sara Palin. There is a Sara Palin on every local board or council. They are the ones who are enthusiastic, charming, and never, ever read the packets of information that they need to make good decisions. They are the ones that are pretty good at talking off the top of their head as long as they aren't asked for any actual facts and figures. They are the ones that speak without thinking of the ramifications of what they are saying and end up making themselves and the board look foolish. They are the ones that are good at reving up the crowd but never follow through and actually accomplish anything. And, very, very often they are the ones that either quit mid-term or don't run for a second term once they find out that actually serving on the board iisn't just people recognizing you and clapping for you but is a lot of hard work, boring reading, long, long meetings, and dealing with the minutia of government. I've known several Saras. And I cringe if I have to serve with one even on a church committee because I know they will be the one to stir up all the trouble while the rest will have to put out the fires and do the actual work.
Well put. I have known a lot of these "Sarahs", too. They often hire people just like them, and then are unhappy when these folks don't work out. Our church had to "de-hire" a youth director who ended up getting fired from his previous job that involved working with kids. But whoa, was he charismatic, just like Sarah.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:09 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The store screwed up by scheduling too short a period (3 hours) for the book signing.

The whinners here need to get over it. Palins fans have
She should have taken the time to sign the other books. It's not the store's fault that Palin is a Diva. That doesn't bode well for Palin being "one of common folk." Shes a bitter egomaniac with a gaudy tour bus. Didi you see that thing

Old 11-21-2009, 02:15 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
This just in from Fox News regarding the incident..

The crowd, estimated at just under 100,000 cheered wildly after Sarah took the time to greet each and every fan, and signed every book"
As a Fox devotee I wonder if you really think that even Saint Barack could sign that many books in a day. Well maybe having that Saint in front of his name would make it possible for him.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:15 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Borders ran the event and provided each of the wristband holders a writen list of stipulations. Number nine was that a signiture was not guaranteed.

Borders clearly screwed up by assuming three hours was enough time.
I stand corrected on the wristbands not guaranteeing a signature. I didn't know they had rules printed on them. In Grand Rapids, MI, where I live they handed out 500 more wristbands than they did in Indiana and when she left, she didn't leave any unhappy fans behind. On our local news they showed her signing books with a big, sprawling signature that covered much of the page. I thought it was a cleaver way to sign because it had no wrist action which could get tiring after so many signings.

ETA to the person above: There wasn't 100,000 people at Indiana's booksigning. The whole town of Noblesville is only just under 30,000 people, for crying out loud.
EtA to the person below: She had a ghost writer.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 11-21-2009 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: see ETA's---edits to add.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:18 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,529,431 times
Let's see, she won't go the extra mile to sign books for her fans. She charged $100,000 for a speaking engagement in Iowa. She quit as Governor. She is a lazy whiner who is only looking out for herself, not her party, not her supporters and not her state. The book, if written by her, shows she can write at a fifth grade level. I guess that is something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies