Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 09:27 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,767,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Right...and if a Pennsylvania Amish farmer with a straw hat and a strange beard gets on an airliner and tries to blow it, and everyone on it, (including himself) into eternity, then Amish airline passengers should get profiled more than non-Amish.....especially if the Amish had already claimed to 'hate all non-Amish', and drove horse-drawn 'suicide-buggies' into crowds of shoppers.

But that's only what SHOULD happen...in reality, it probably wouldn't be allowed.

Profiling is a 'no-no'.

so every white guy should be an assumed serial killer by your logic right?? Since they are the most likely group to be so.

Come on you cannot profile 9 million americans because of what 20 did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 09:29 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
You know one thing I've noticed is the way media reports murders...when the killer is black they usually call it a murder but when the killer is white they get phrases like "crimes of passion"...I wonder why that is...I mean a man killing his wife is a man killing his wife regardless of the race

Old 12-01-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
I actually think racial profiling would be a good thing. If there are 50% of A and 50% of B, but A commits 80% of the crimes, then they should focus on A more closely and not on B.
Crime statistics are being used for this. I don't see anything wrong with that.

so you see no violation of the constitution when someone is stopped for no reason and harassed because someone says well your ethnicity is more likely to be a criminal?? Do you believe in civil rights at all??

Old 12-01-2009, 09:33 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,868,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
so you see no violation of the constitution when someone is stopped for no reason and harassed because someone says well your ethnicity is more likely to be a criminal?? Do you believe in civil rights at all??

Has nothing to do with civil rights. New to me that the U.S. Constitution says something about that.

Anyway, want the police to do a good job and protect you? That's what I thought. it's not the police's fault that group A commits more crimes. But it is their job to prevent crime.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:33 PM

These threads are getting really old. People post them just so a bunch of people can come on and make racist comments while pretending not to be racist.

You know what pisses me off the people on here who are clearly racist but don't have the guts to just come out and admit it. At least if you admit it you have the honor of being a straightforward person.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
These threads are getting really old. People post them just so a bunch of people can come on and make racist comments while pretending not to be racist.

You know what pisses me off the people on here who are clearly racist but don't have the guts to just come out and admit it. At least if you admit it you have the honor of being a straightforward person.
Maybe you should look up the word racist. You obviously don't know what it means. Stating the facts is no "racist"

Old 12-01-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Has nothing to do with civil rights. New to me that the U.S. Constitution says something about that.

Anyway, want the police to do a good job and protect you? That's what I thought. it's not the police's fault that group A comits more crimes. But it is their job to prevent crime.

you never heard of the 4th amendment ????

here it is for you.... FOURTH AMENDMENT [U.S. Constitution] - 'The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.'

you see the part about unreasonable search........no warrants without probable cause.........color of skin is not a reason or a probable cause.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
aybe you should look up the word racist. You obviously don't know what it means. Stating the facts is no "racist"

first off you have stated zero facts....facts have backup not opinions or random comments. secondly you are not even strong enough to admit being racist....how sad

Old 12-01-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
you never heard of the 4th amendment ????

here it is for you.... FOURTH AMENDMENT [U.S. Constitution] - 'The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.'

you see the part about unreasonable search........no warrants without probable cause.........color of skin is not a reason or a probable cause.

You don't know the difference betweeing being stopped and being searched by the police?

Old 12-01-2009, 09:39 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:

Anyway, want the police to do a good job and protect you? That's what I thought. it's not the police's fault that group A comits more crimes. But it is their job to prevent crime.
Your comment is flawed basically what you're saying is because black people steal it's perfectly ok for the salesclerk to follow me around the store while allowing the two white women in the back to roam freely.

Or if I was to get pulled over for speeding it'd be perfectly ok for him to ask to search my car while just writing the white driver a ticket and letting him move on.

What you're saying is that because other black people commit crimes it's okay for the police and others to treat me like a criminal even though I haven't done anything.

And while the police are focusing on me group B has killed their parents, kids and husbands and are now making pies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies