Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 12:47 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Paul would be president if he had 0bama's teleprompter reading ability, and of course was treated fairly in the media.

Ron Paul can speak better without a teleprompter than Obama can with two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 12:49 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You have zero credibility.
Yea, says you. I gave links and citation, you give your opinions. Which do you think hold more weight?

Quote:
Ron Paul does not support or endorse any of this.
Really, do you also speak for him? Because I wasnt aware that any one man could speak for another. Maybe Im wrong. Are you his PR Rep?

Quote:
The ideals of individual donors are not Ron Pauls ideals.
Read the rest of the thread. He endorsed them, and his newsletters made the same antisemetic and racist commentary they do.

Fail. Try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead
Well gee, if Ron Paul had been allowed in the debates in 1988, maybe it would have come to the fore then.
I totally agree with you there. The question should be, why was he not supported by his party?

Old 12-09-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
He is a Libertarian, while the title changed so he could play the game the beliefs have not. Leaning left I too find I don't support all he says but find a great deal of merit in him. He would be a good president and I think one with higher standards than most.

I find Paul, Nader and Kucinich some of the only honest politicians and with a principle to do what's right more than what's beneficial for them. I would support any of these 3 as president ( and did).
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Just goes to show that as they go to the extremes of the political spectrum, they reach a point where the extreme left and the extreme right meet. The extreme rightist and extreme leftist have a lot more in common with each other than they do with the great majority of Americans.

I've always found that interesting.
Then, your conclusion is that honesty is "extremism"?

Old 12-09-2009, 12:53 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
Did you miss the earlier discussion with Summers?

Sorry bud, theres no passes for holocaust deniers and white supremacists and their supporters. Some things are just evil and are to be labeled as such. This is one of them.

And Im pretty such 99% of americans are with me on this one.
I'm not comparing the KKK to obama's preacher but the message of hate was still part of the message. The KKK is a group and Don Black is a individual and everyone has there own battles. Since Ron Paul is not preaching hate and or ever a part of the KKK I dont see how this has any barring.
Actions speak louder then words. Hell the KKK has been an issue with every president for all kinda of reason because of the support for the jews and Ron Paul has nothing do with that.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I totally agree with you there. The question should be, why was he not supported by his party?
It may be because they were so busy garnering and maintaining ballot status so that he would have a chance of winning.

Libertarian Party (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-09-2009, 01:38 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Quote:
Yea, says you. I gave links and citation, you give your opinions. Which do you think hold more weight?

Really, do you also speak for him? Because I wasnt aware that any one man could speak for another. Maybe Im wrong. Are you his PR Rep?

Read the rest of the thread. He endorsed them, and his newsletters made the same antisemetic and racist commentary they do.

Fail. Try again.

Ron Paul has been in the political arena and a professional doctor for 20+ years.
He has many writings about race and other topics reguarding civil rights.
Many of his writtings can be found at
http://www.lewrockwell.com/

In many of his writtings you can't question on how he feels about racism and his general state rights issue. I can only assume that many KKK members like the idea of state rights and the supposed "newsletters" sound like typical writting straight from stormfront propoganda websites and it's members. PS Kent synder his political campaign manager was gay and openly gay I'm sure you dont know that do you. Also since Ron Paul Oppossed the Civil rights act for federal economic and personal property reasons he is assumed he didnt want "blacks to vote" which is complete nonsense and another reason the KKK uses him and or might like him. Just any other WHITE political who might have views that oppose affirmative action. If want to know where the letters came from.. lets look at political motivies and review what is real.
Look up Eric Dondero he was fired in Ron Pauls campaign and then ran against him in the texas run right around the time the newletters came out. Also he worked and for ron paul in the 1980's right around the time the letters came out.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul381.html

Ron Paul '90s newsletters rant against blacks, gays - CNN.com

Last edited by LibertyandJusticeforAll; 12-09-2009 at 02:08 PM..

Old 12-09-2009, 09:20 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:

What a silly comment. I sensible person would understand what I wrote. All you have to do is look at his voting and his stated reasons for voting the way he did and you would know what he speaks for. Put a little effort into things and quit scratching the surface.
Like I said old news and BS at that
Ron Paul Responds To New Republic Story

Quote:

Fail. Try again.
He never endorsed the comments and has often said Martin Luther King Jr is one of his heros. Do a little research next time. The subject matter is old news.
The Newsletter changed hands and another person whose views are very different than Ron Pauls wrote those things. Ron Paul apologized and said although his views are different from the authors he felt morally responsible for lending his name.

"Austin NAACP President Nelson Linder, who has known Ron Paul for 20 years, unequivocally dismissed charges that the Congressman was a racist in light of recent smear attempts, and said the reason for him being attacked was that he was a threat to the establishment."

Old 12-09-2009, 09:22 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Ron Paul can speak better without a teleprompter than Obama can with two.
Lots of people sure love Ron Paul but they sure as hell didn't vote for him did they? Must suck to be him!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Lots of people sure love Ron Paul but they sure as hell didn't vote for him did they? Must suck to be him!
I doubt it. He doesn't seems as ego-driven as most politicians.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:33 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
It may be because they were so busy garnering and maintaining ballot status so that he would have a chance of winning.

Libertarian Party (United States) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
True enough, but you and I both know that is a futile attempt. At BEST any third party in America can 'hurt' one of the major 2 by skimming off votes in big states, but you will not see a 3rd party in American politics. Not in this century.

Paul, Nader, Perot, and eveyone else whos ever ran off a 3rd party ticket since WW2 has found this out the hard way. The parties have more to gain by hording votes to their opposition than letting a 3rd party candidate win (and they have done that several times).

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyandjusticeforall
I'm not comparing the KKK to obama's preacher but the message of hate was still part of the message. The KKK is a group and Don Black is a individual and everyone has there own battles. Since Ron Paul is not preaching hate and or ever a part of the KKK I dont see how this has any barring.
Yea, if you made a comparison between the two you are comparing them. By trying to sneak that in there I am sure you are aware Rev Wright never murdered or endorsed the murder of others. The KKK has murdered tens of thousands.

Likewise, no one is saying he is part of the KKK. Who are you arguing exactly?

(Ill skip past your Lewrockwell link, rockwell doesnt speak for RP either. His word is as good as everyone else claiming to speak for him, except for him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovehiscountry
What a silly comment. I sensible person would understand what I wrote. All you have to do is look at his voting and his stated reasons for voting the way he did and you would know what he speaks for. Put a little effort into things and quit scratching the surface.
Like I said old news and BS at that
I have ocean front property in Idaho Im looking to get off my hands, sounds like you may be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo
Who writes something to convey a political message then says "I didnt mean it"? Especially something as inflammatory as that?

He claims a ghost writer did it, thats about as much of a copout as anything can be.

"Hey I wrote that 20 years ago and its embarrassing to me politically now, so Ill just say some random stranger ghost wrote it in my name!"
Sure, NOTHING BAD RP EVERY DID WAS TRUE, lets all ignore that! Sure he had 20 years to reject the statements but refused to until they came to public light, he was just 'biding his time', right?

LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies