Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You Less Likely To Be Forum Friends With Or Give Reputation Points To A Gay Poster?
YES! 9 6.77%
NO! 66 49.62%
SOMETIMES! 0 0%
NO OPINION! 3 2.26%
DOESN'T MATTER! 55 41.35%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 02:03 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times

Advertisements

Ah...a recovering Catholic. Let the guilt go; King James was gay. He had kids because he had to preserve the royal line, but it's no secret that his male "favorites" were his preference. The man who commissioned our modern Bible was a stone homosexual. God didn't object when James instigated the project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 02:06 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,533,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Honest, from the thread title I had no clue why this was even a question. To give you an impression, tell me how this sounds to you:
Pitts, is it OK I'm female?
Pitts, do you mind that I'm white?
Pitts, do you hate me because I'm old? etc etc

It just seemed so absurd until you explained the context. I voted it doesn't matter because it truly doesn't... everyone is a human being to me on this forum and until you tell me I have no idea how old you are, what gender, creed, color, preference-- zip nada zero. I only know you by the nature of your language and the ideas you put forth. Even when I do know these subcategories about people, what does it really matter beyond understanding where they're coming from in life?

I don't have an anti gay bone in my body, but at the same time I can't say I really understand what it is to be homosexual. I do have gay friends on buddy list because some appreciate me despite being religious. Others look upon me as if I'm westboro baptist. That would be their own anger and frustration at organized religion falsely attributed to me, and that's too bad for them because I'm certain what I'm not and won't apologize for owning my shoes.

I rep people who provoke thought, offer insights and perspectives off the beaten trail or generally contribute well to discussion, not necessarily friends. Popularity contests are juvenile to my taste. The common thread of all my friends... every one of them is respectful but speak their mind and don't shy away when they disagree with me. If I've got it wrong, they say why! If I wanted to be surrounded by like minded people I'd clone myself 1,000 times and live in a hermetically sealed gated community. YUCK!

One human being to another, about those 'friends' you lost... why is losing a horrible thing? Should you feel sorrow if you lost a tumor, or should you cling to it because it's yours? What if you lost a job you hated? What if you lost your opportunity to be abused and have your heart broken by the wrong partner in life? You lost that flight on a plane that crashed. Excellent news!

See the blessings in situations as best you can. Much better for your mental health over the long haul. I've found no limit to how shallow, self absorbed, or cruel people can be. No limit to the mental chains, dents in the head, or suffering of humans. Would this be true, there's equally no limit on intellect, compassion, love, and joy. People lacking the capacity to appreciate you aren't worthy of being in your life. Hear them admitting their own limits. Be grateful for the confession, it's honest, no need to kill yourself trying to get along with someone who doesn't mean to get along.

You aren't likely to catch me sugar coating things, often very blunt, but cruel to be kind works too. My version of respect is to never steer someone wrong, never lie, never blow smoke to make people feel better. Other peoples version of respect is completely different than my own. Knowing all these things, you're now free to love me or hate me. You can befriend me or put me on ignore. Those choices were the same if I never spoke a word. The common denominator is You. You can't hurt my feelings because I know who I am. I hope these insights are useful to you.
It's OK...HONEY...LOL...I actually love women and men...just can't have that certain physical/head over heels love with women. Some of my best friends are straight women.

I too was leary of posters...religious ones...cause the mean ones make the most noise so they are heard the LOUDEST. Many of my friends in the Forum are VERY religious...I respect that...they respect me.

Seriously now My true aim is to educate people on this subject...it helps me understand myself to explain/answer questions to other posters...What don't you understand about us? If you ask with tact I will give you as honest an answer as I can.

But first off...I have NO idea why I am this way...I just am..it's my nature...I was born this way..I knew at about 5 or 6 that I liked boys.
The only way for both sides to understand is to open an honest dialogue about this issue. Also I've been with my mate 27 years this coming February. Please ask me what you do not understand...it may help all of us to live more harmoniously. .

Old 01-14-2010, 02:07 AM

654 posts, read 466,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Ah...a recovering Catholic. Let the guilt go; King James was gay. He had kids because he had to preserve the royal line, but it's no secret that his male "favorites" were his preference. The man who commissioned our modern Bible was a stone homosexual. God didn't object when James instigated the project.

King James liked Texans?

Edit: I really need to stop making bad jokes,

Old 01-14-2010, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
I am sorry that you were violated.

At least they weren't Texans.

I'm sorry, I really am, but I don't know how to act to your story besides making crude jokes about Texans.
You're cool I used to ride the school bus some of the physically big guys would hit me in the head with basketballs as hard as they could.....everyone was afraid of them, so no intervention...bus drivers could care less back then. One day I had enough and threw the ball into the biggest guy's face...he nearly creamed me but when I fought back he left me be, temporarily.

We lived in a decent sized school district so I would wait for an outlying school bus to pass and say I missed my bus..it worked at first...bus driver got wise. I told her my dilema(could never tell my parents)...she turned out to be a "sister" and I rode that Duryea bus(I lived in PITTSTON) for the rest of my high school days...they accepted me on that bus. Worst of all was that my cousin was the instigator...I guess he got flak cause of me, so bullying me, made him look OK!. I've never publicly told people these things before . THIS IS LIKE THERAPY>>>LOL. PS the guys in my neighborhood were cool...I played sports with them, got dirty, in trouble etc...they overlooked my mannerisms and got to know me as a little spitfire...LOL.

Last edited by PITTSTON2SARASOTA; 01-14-2010 at 02:33 AM..

Old 01-14-2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Thanx...I know Jesus made me this way for some reason.....we gays have always been here and always will..I just do NOT understand why some people see us as a threat...I only want to live in peace and be a productive member of society....I can't turn someone gay...no more than someone could turn me straight.....why are people so afraid..it is only LOVE.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
You're cool I used to ride the school bus some of the physically big guys would hit me in the head with basketballs as hard as they could.....everyone was afraid of them, so no intervention...bus drivers could care less back then. One day I had enough and threw the ball into the biggest guy's face...he nearly creamed me but when I fought back he left me be, temporarily.

We lived in a decent sized school district so I would wait for an outlying school bus to pass and say I missed my bus..it worked at first...bus driver got wise. I told her my dilema(could never tell my parents)...she turned out to be a "sister" and I rode that Duryea bus(I lived in PITTSTON) for the rest of my high school days...they accepted me on that bus. Worst of all was that my cousin was the instigator...I guess he got flak cause of me, so bullying me, made him look OK!. I've never publicly told people these things before . THIS IS LIKE THERAPY>>>LOL.
Educators never liked my intelligence.

Even when I was pulling straight B's, educators never recognized me.

I remember when the HARP program lowered their standards and accepted a D rated child, but overlooked me. It was a cold feeling that I don't wish upon anyone. I remember being "lucky" and sitting in the cafeteria for being smart. I was out of place and wanted to shove pencils up my nose, but the feeling hurt. I was lonely and it hurt.

I am working on Ph.D and it is hard, but I never paid for college credits except for my first year. Now do I only get the recognition.

I think I just rambled.

Last edited by I Like Taxes; 01-14-2010 at 03:00 AM..

Old 01-14-2010, 02:40 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,830,075 times
I am more then happy to be friends with anyone here regardless of their sexual orientation, religion, or race.

I invite anyone who agrees with my comments to friend me.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
Educators never liked my intelligence.

Even when I was pulling straight B's, educators never recognized me.

I remember when the HARP program lowered their standards and accepted a D rated child, but overlooked me. It was a cold feeling that I don't wish upon anyone.

I am working on Ph.D and it is hard, but I never paid for college credits except for my first year. Now do I only get the recognition.

I think I just rambled.
Don't sweat it...I ramble all the time...LOL...I think faster than I keyboard. I unfortunately got disowned by family my senior year at PENN STATE( I started @ 17 too young) and "lost my cookies" as I came out of the closet in 1977...ANITA BRYANT TIME....I have 101 credits in an EARTH SCIENCE/GEOGRAPHY double major...but I never got my BS..so a I am a bit bitter with society...but I'm over it somewhat now...It just really hurts me I never finished, I was the first in my family to attend University but my parents gave me no real support...I think they were kinda ashamed of me.

However after a few years they did come around some and let me bring boyfriends home. My mom knew but I never literally told my dad. However he walked into my bedroom, without knocking...found me naked and intertwined(asleep) with my lover. He sat on the bed and talked like this is "normal"...he even took him around town...so in his way he knew and was kinda accepting...I came from an Italian Family.

What I wish is that a few posters would PLEASE watch one Gay movie I'll post later...not at all graphic...about growing up gay...you will understand us better, it is highly acclaimed..

Old 01-14-2010, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Don't sweat it...I ramble all the time...LOL...I think faster than I keyboard. I unfortunately got disowned by family my senior year at PENN STATE( I started @ 17 too young) and "lost my cookies" as I came out of the closet in 1977...ANITA BRYANT TIME....I have 101 credits in an EARTH SCIENCE/GEOGRAPHY double major...but I never got my BS..so a I am a bit bitter with society...but I'm over it somewhat now...It just really hurts me I never finished, I was the first in my family to attend University but my parents gave me no real support...I think they were kinda ashamed of me.
You can always go back, but I understand your cold and lonely feeling.

Quote:
However after a few years they did come around some and let me bring boyfriends home. My mom knew but I never literally told my dad. However he walked into my bedroom, without knocking...found me naked and intertwined(asleep) with my lover. He sat on the bed and talked like this is "normal"...he even took him around town...so in his way he knew and was kinda accepting...I came from an Italian Family.
My Mom would also be shocked to find me with a gay lover. But she is also dead (drug abuse) and probably cheated on my dad.

I may not even product of my dad, but he is a good man.

He is a very good man (I had to argue over this idea plenty of times).

Quote:
What I wish is that a few posters would PLEASE watch one Gay movie I'll post later...not at all graphic...about growing up gay...you will understand us better, it is highly acclaimed..
I rather go back to making fun of Texans, but I have been honest with you.

Even a straight man's life isn't all cracked up to be.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:18 AM

457 posts, read 757,238 times
Whats the difference? we're all people aren't we? I may not want to rep/befriend a cow though; I need to draw a line!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies