Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 06:16 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,280,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Excuse me, but 30 million people listen to Rush every week.
And that means what exactly? That rush is telling the truth? That Rush isn't a liar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 06:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Rush Limbaugh told a despicable lie to make his listeners think their donations weren't safe if made by accessing the link via whitehouse.gov.
No he didnt.. but dont stop lying while you accuse others of doing so...

He asked if donating through whitehouse.gov would end you on a mailing list for his campaigns..

Old 01-16-2010, 06:21 PM

Thats not a lie either...

Old 01-16-2010, 06:29 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No he didnt.. but dont stop lying while you accuse others of doing so...

He asked if donating through whitehouse.gov would end you on a mailing list for his campaigns..
Yes he did. You'd know that if you either read the damn thread or listened to the link I provided. Oh wait, I see you're incapable of clicking through to links and actually checking the content for yourself. . .

Quote:

Thats not a lie either...
There, I fixed the text that auto-filled so it reflects the content of the audio. Since you're too damn lazy to follow links and just want to comment on random titles as if that was the extent of the content, let me make it easier for you.

Roger Ebert got the exchange between Rush Limbaugh and Justin from Raleigh, North Carolina correct. So all you have to do is READ IT IN THIS VERY THREAD, WHERE I HAVE POSTED IT REPEATEDLY.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Yes he did. You'd know that if you either read the damn thread or listened to the link I provided. Oh wait, I see you're incapable of clicking through to links and actually checking the content for yourself. . .

There, I fixed the text that auto-filled so it reflects the content of the audio. Since you're too damn lazy to follow links and just want to comment on random titles as if that was the extent of the content, let me make it easier for you.

Roger Ebert got the exchange between Rush Limbaugh and Justin from Raleigh, North Carolina correct. So all you have to do is READ IT IN THIS VERY THREAD, WHERE I HAVE POSTED IT REPEATEDLY.
I have seen you post it repeatedly and have listed and read the links, but what you proclaim your link says, it doesnt.

Its funny now the number of people that have told you that it doesnt say what you proclaim, but you keep saying it does..

Old 01-16-2010, 07:03 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Sorry Jill, I see no lie...actually nothing is "there" there.

He asked a couple questions that approx 1/2 the voting public would be asking - those that distrust obama and his intentions.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:

No need for hysterics and personal attacks. I have listened to the audio, same as reading your transcript...it's just not there, how you and Roger interpret it.

No lie...at all.

Just opinion, shared by MILLIONS of those opposed and suspicious of obama.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:18 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,170,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Hey, he only chastised users of illegal drugs. Rush only abused legal drugs.

He's always supported Big Pharma.

Oh, gee whiz...I stand corrected

Old 01-16-2010, 07:35 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
Quote:

I have seen you post it repeatedly and have listed and read the links, but what you proclaim your link says, it doesnt.

Its funny now the number of people that have told you that it doesnt say what you proclaim, but you keep saying it does..
Stop lying. The exchange between Limbaugh and the caller is accurately portrayed in Ebert's letter.

Now, you can keep lying and pretending that Limbaugh didn't tell the caller that he shouldn't trust the whitehouse.gov website to go through for making donations because the money might not actually get to Haiti, and that going through whitehouse.gov to make a donation might put you on a mailing list, but that won't make it any less of a lie from you or anyone else in this thread who is claiming the same.
Quote:

Sorry Jill, I see no lie...actually nothing is "there" there.

He asked a couple questions that approx 1/2 the voting public would be asking - those that distrust obama and his intentions.
Quote:

No need for hysterics and personal attacks. I have listened to the audio, same as reading your transcript...it's just not there, how you and Roger interpret it.

No lie...at all.

Just opinion, shared by MILLIONS of those opposed and suspicious of obama.
There is no "interpretation", just plain fact.

"Justin of Raleigh, North Carolina: "Why does Obama say if you want to donate some money, you could go to whitehouse.gov to direct you how to do so? If I wanted to donate to the Red Cross, why do I have to go to the White House page to donate?"

"Limbaugh: "Exactly. Would you trust the money's gonna go to Haiti?""

This is why I have repeatedly asked you what it means when you see this message when you follow a link on a website, in this case, the White House website:

It's really, really, mind-numbingly simple. It means that you are leaving the White House web page and going to a completely different web site on a completely different server.

Since you won't be entering any data whatsoever while you're on whitehouse.gov, there is no way that they can put you on an email list and no way IN HELL that they can direct, let alone MISDIRECT ANY of your money, SINCE IT'S NOT BEING SUBMITTED TO THE WHITE HOUSE.

Now, do you want to go on playing stupid and pretending that you don't know this?

Old 01-16-2010, 07:36 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,683,870 times
Quote:
What do you think it means when you click a link and see a message like this?
Yes kind of like those phishing scams.

I'm sure it's all squeeky safe, but your personal info can be scalped in many ways on the internet.

I'd rather donate to the Red Cross directly, but that is my personal preference. You do what you need to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies