Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2010, 02:45 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Plenty of reasons to distrust obama. He has lied, repeatedly and often, with evidence to that fact.
Try, sanrene, just try to stay focused here. This thread is about Rush Limbaugh intentionally lying about the inability to trust President Obama or the White House about donations made to the Red Cross via a link on the whitehouse.gov website. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene

Uh...yeah. He is, has been and will.

I wouldn't contribute through the WH or any other government entity. I don't trust that ALL the money would get to it's intended place.
Truly the mind boggles. Instead of repeating myself, since you clearly don't read for comprehension, let's try it this way. . .

Sanrene, when someone goes to whitehouse.gov with the intention of making a donation to the Red Cross for relief efforts in Haiti, who gathers that information and who collects the donation?

That's all I want to know from you. Just answer that question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 02:48 PM

Please take your hijack about the relative left-wingedness of Barack Obama or Bill Clinton to another thread.

Focus, people, FOCUS!

Rush Limbaugh lied to his audience about how donation information is collected and distributed when accessed via whitehouse.gov. That's the subject of this thread.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:51 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
It's all relative. The Democratic Party has the same views as most moderate center right parties in Europe. Can't dispute this. Many in the tea bagging party labeled McCain a liberal. The fact is that almost every Leftist organization is unhappy with Obama's performance and do not consider his policies to be leftist. So if the left can pretty much agree that someone is not a left winger, then I'd have to take their word for it. If the majority of conservatives were unhappy with McCain and criticized him harshly and denied he was conservative, I'd have to take their word for it. This is not the case.
I have heard many refer to Obama as a Centrist and I agree. The Progressives have many complaints about how he has addressed some of the issues. I agree with the poster that stated that anyone who considers Obama far left must be a right wing radical .

Old 01-16-2010, 03:04 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,683,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Please take your hijack about the relative left-wingedness of Barack Obama or Bill Clinton to another thread.

Focus, people, FOCUS!

Rush Limbaugh lied to his audience about how donation information is collected and distributed when accessed via whitehouse.gov. That's the subject of this thread.
Who knows what info they snipe through the whitehouse website.

I'd rather go the red cross directly and donate. Don't need whitehouse.gov as the middle man.

FOCUS people FOCUS how many Rush Limbaugh threads can we start in a day! Cause damn it we don't have enough!

Old 01-16-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

I'd rather go the red cross directly and donate. Don't need whitehouse.gov as the middle man.
What do you think it means when you click a link and see a message like this?

Old 01-16-2010, 03:29 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Is that a good thing?
Is what a good thing? The fact that Roger Ebert can no longer speak, eat or drink? Is that what counts as a 'good thing' in your universe?

Old 01-16-2010, 03:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Try, sanrene, just try to stay focused here. This thread is about Rush Limbaugh intentionally lying about the inability to trust President Obama or the White House about donations made to the Red Cross via a link on the whitehouse.gov website. Period. Truly the mind boggles. Instead of repeating myself, since you clearly don't read for comprehension, let's try it this way. . .

Sanrene, when someone goes to whitehouse.gov with the intention of making a donation to the Red Cross for relief efforts in Haiti, who gathers that information and who collects the donation?

That's all I want to know from you. Just answer that question.
You made the claim that Rush is inciting distrust of the President. I made the claim that yes, there is plenty of justification to distrust the president in light of his behavior.

Completely On topic.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:57 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

FOCUS people FOCUS how many Rush Limbaugh threads can we start in a day! Cause damn it we don't have enough!
Exactly the point. Considering their past behavior of encouraging snitching, collecting AND keeping email addresses, I wouldn't trust them to somehow politicize and capture information from the website.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:59 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Exactly the point. Considering their past behavior of encouraging snitching, collecting AND keeping email addresses, I wouldn't trust them to somehow politicize and capture information from the website.
The dishonest ones you need to look are for are the news sources that implied the above lie!

Old 01-16-2010, 04:07 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"Repulsive and sickening"

Has the Drug Addicted , Criminal, Two-faced King of Republicans ever been anything else?

The man repugs worship......says ALL about them.....
Obama is the one who is "Repulsive and sickening"

Rush is no longer addicted.

He is no a criminal. (Where are you getting that? Making it up, I assume, which is what you liberals always do.)

And, he is not "King of the Republicans".

You people are so lame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies