Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2010, 11:19 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,280,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Excellent video!!! Everyone must watch!

After the calling render Rush totally wrong, Rush has the caller's microphone turned off. Then Rush resorts to a verbal abuse rampage! Rush had nothing to offer in terms of an intelligent discussion or response to the caller's points.
The guy absolutely owns Limbaugh on this clip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 11:19 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
If you really want to engage in a thoughtful discussion here is what I think. I think what Rush said was part of a larger point and what he said was taken out of context. So many people complain that much of today's political discourse is shallow and made of sound bites. No wonder. Whenever a discussion is had involving nuance there is a great opportunity to take things out of context, to slice and dice long soliloquies to make the original meaning unrecognizable. It is much easier to make simplistic statements with no nuance but cannot be abridged or taken out of context. They also lack depth and seriousness. We will never have serious involved dialoge on any important topics as long as people are willing to engage in the type of thing we have seen here.

All that being said Rush showed poor judgment in addressing the topic at all because he should know that there are people willing, for lack of a better term, to lie to score cheap political points.
Nice try. Rush's agenda is as SIMPLE as this:

RUSH: And then I proceeded to suggest that Obama is going to be giving aid to both light-skinned and dark-skinned Negroes in Haiti, just designed to get the reaction I got — and it worked. The people that listen to this program laugh and chuckle every day at this stuff, because we’re just needling the media. They talk about me all the time and I can create it any time I want. It’s made you mad, and you believe things they take out of context that don’t completely say what I fully said, and you get mad.

Rush Limbaugh is a media ***** and has been since
the 1980's.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:21 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Nice try. Rush's agenda is as SIMPLE as this:

RUSH: And then I proceeded to suggest that Obama is going to be giving aid to both light-skinned and dark-skinned Negroes in Haiti, just designed to get the reaction I got — and it worked. The people that listen to this program laugh and chuckle every day at this stuff, because we’re just needling the media. They talk about me all the time and I can create it any time I want. It’s made you mad, and you believe things they take out of context that don’t completely say what I fully said, and you get mad.
Its true. The light/dark skin Negros was a take on Harry Reid's comments.

He knows that democrat/liberal rags like Media Matters and Think Progress monitor his show daily to try and create "news" from his comments.

He has said it throughout his career - he knows exactly how certain comments will be taken by the Left and the media.

I was listening to his conversation with the "bigot with tampons in her ears". She was just repeating regurgitated talking points from the Left of what he supposedly said - she didn't actually listen herself.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:35 AM

1,935 posts, read 1,826,316 times
April from Paducah, Kentucky was right on with that sorry piece of human flesh Rush.

April called that dog out! Listen folks Rush is so angry the NFL rejected his hatefilled rear drug body that he will attack anyone now.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:42 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
In response to a caller who criticized Rush's remarks regarding the catastrophe in Haiti, here is what Rush had to say:

Limbaugh Stands By His Haiti Remarks, Tells Critical Caller She's a 'Bigot' With 'Tampons in Her Ears' | PEEK | AlterNet (http://www.alternet.org/blogs/peek/145187/limbaugh_stands_by_his_haiti_remarks,_tells_critic al_caller_she's_a_'bigot'_with_'tampons_in_her_ear s'/?comments=view&cID=1411315&pID=1411289 - broken link)

I can only wonder; at what point do rational people stop listening to this guy?
From your link. Rush's reply to the caller:

Quote:
RUSH: No, no, no, no, no. I’m not implying that. … What I’m illustrating here is that you’re a blockhead. What I’m illustrating here is that you’re a closed-minded bigot who is ill-informed. … And if you had listened to this program for a modicum of time you would know it. But instead you’re a blockhead. You’re mind is totally closed. You have tampons in your ears. Nothing is getting through other than the biased crap that you read.
Rush again resorts to nothing intelligent or meaningful, just verbal abuse!

This is the quote Rush made concerning donations to Haiti and for which the above caller questioned him on.

Quote:
Rush Limbaugh doesn’t see why you should donate to the Haiti earthquake relief effort. “We’ve already donated to Haiti!” he declared. “It’s called the US income tax!

Old 01-16-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
This is the quote Rush made concerning donations to Haiti and for which the above caller questioned him on.
Quote:
Quote:
Rush Limbaugh doesn’t see why you should donate to the Haiti earthquake relief effort. “We’ve already donated to Haiti!” he declared. “It’s called the US income tax!
A little problem with that quote. There is some editorializing in the first part. Did Rush say NOT to donate or is that the regurgitated talking point from the Left?

Old 01-16-2010, 11:46 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times

No Rush just told his audience that they already donated in the form of income tax.

Rush is back pedaling. That is what that rambling dissertation from your link is: Rush trying to back pedal without an apology or admission he was out of line!

Old 01-16-2010, 11:47 AM

Can you supply the quote?

Old 01-16-2010, 11:53 AM

1,935 posts, read 1,826,316 times
Rush and the White House party crashers should be flown to Haiti to fill body bags for the mess they have created. After a couple weeks at that job, they will appreciate how Great living in the United States of America is!

Old 01-16-2010, 11:55 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Can you supply the quote?
RUSH: No, it’s not “whether or not.” That matters. I mean you call here and ask, “Where do I get off suggesting that we don’t donate to Haiti because we do in the income tax?” and I tell you I said that, but I also said private donations are going to be much better than a government donation. They’re all going. Go to the Red Cross, do other things. Don’t go through the government. It’s just going to go through hands and bureaucracies and a dollar is going to end up being 30 cents by the time they get through with it. I did not say, “Don’t make donations.” That’s not a “whether or not” thing. That’s why you called.

Sadly, I don't even think it IS a right/left thing anymore with Rush. He might be getting the attention and outrage from the Left, but He is hurting the right and he doesn't even know it.

Rush is Narcissistic beyond repair - guess that is what happens after drug addiction and talking to yourself for a living your whole life, without contributing anything useful to society.

OR it could be as simple
as: Limbaugh is a Media *****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies