Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2010, 05:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post

Oops! Sorry.

It's true, Rush did lie. I happened to be listening that day he said the White House website couldn't be trusted. It's disgusting that Rush will do and say to try to discredit Obama and the current administration.
Saying the WH can't be trusted is NOT a lie.

The evidence is all around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Rush couldn't hold Franken's jock.

You claim to know everything that Rush says, and yet you don't know who Roger Ebert is?

How old are you?
Excuse me, but 30 million people listen to Rush every week.

How many listen to that old coot Ebert?

Actually, I had no idea he was still around - I thought he kicked the bucket a while ago.

Who cares what he says?

Old 01-16-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Obviously not. Care to comment on the subject of the OP?
We have been. There are MILLIONS of people in this country who think obama is a liar and do not trust him with our money.

No lie there.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:33 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,443,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

What lie? You haven't stated it. There is no lie.

Prove your case. Do you have anything authentically attributable to Rush Limbaugh? You don't.

You are simply making things up. If you aren't, prove it! That's all we ask.
Try reading the thread. The whole thread. I'm not repeating myself for you, I've done it enough already in this thread.

Actually, on second thought, I'll paste it here for you again, because I refuse to allow you to hijack this thread by playing dumb.

From Post #104:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Justin of Raleigh, North Carolina: "Why does Obama say if you want to donate some money, you could go to whitehouse.gov to direct you how to do so? If I wanted to donate to the Red Cross, why do I have to go to the White House page to donate?"

Limbaugh: "Exactly. Would you trust the money's gonna go to Haiti?"

Justin: "No."

Rush: "But would you trust that your name's gonna end up on a mailing list for the Obama people to start asking you for campaign donations for him and other causes?"

Justin: "Absolutely!"

Limbaugh: "Absolutely!"
--------------------------------------------------------------

The caller wasn't concerned that the Red Cross has a history of misdirecting donations intended for specific disasters. They asked why they should trust President Obama and go through the whitehouse.gov website to donate to the Red Cross.

And Rush flat out said that there is NO CONFIDENCE in the fact that donations made THROUGH THE WHITEHOUSE.GOV WEBSITE would ever get to Haiti. But, your name sure might end up on an email list -- Oh, the horror!

Here are the facts: There are scam charities that pop up every time a disaster like this happens. For that reason, many, many, many legitimate organizations and government websites provide links directly to well-known LEGITIMATE charities on their web pages, specifically so people can TRUST that their donations are going to a legitimate charitable organization and not a scam that's set up to look like that charitable organization.

When you go to a known web page like whitehouse.gov and click through on a link provided there, it redirects you directly to THAT CHARITY'S website to enter all your personal details. The originating website never, ever, ever sees any of that information. Ever. It's done as a courtesy and as a means of instilling CONFIDENCE.

YOU know this. RUSH knows this. He had a perfect opportunity to disabuse this caller of the notion that the White House or President Obama would ever get either their money or their information. He could have explained to his caller how this works and reassured them that when they go to the whitehouse.gov website they are redirected to the Red Cross website and away from the White House website.

Instead, he out and out LIED. And not only that, he went even further to say that the White House cannot be TRUSTED in this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Exactly. We saw how they distorted, smeared and then had to retract the accusation before when attributing false quotes to him.

Just more of the same - a non-story, manufactured by the Left.
I see you still won't answer either of my direct questions to you. What are you afraid of, sanrene?

Old 01-16-2010, 05:37 PM

I still haven't heard the alleged lie. Just because that old coot says it (that's right, he can't speak), put tweets instead of says - doesn't make it true.

Who knows what information they collect from people visiting that sight and clicking the links? I wouldn't trust their intentions and honesty as far as I could throw them.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:

I still haven't heard the alleged lie. Just because that old coot says it (that's right, he can't speak), put tweets instead of says - doesn't make it true.
Yes you have. Now you're lying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene

Who knows what information they collect from people visiting that sight and clicking the links? I wouldn't trust their intentions and honesty as far as I could throw them.
The answer is they collect no information because you don't type any information IN while you're on the whitehouse.gov website. You know that's the answer to the question, which is why you refuse to answer it honestly.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Justin of Raleigh, North Carolina: "Why does Obama say if you want to donate some money, you could go to whitehouse.gov to direct you how to do so? If I wanted to donate to the Red Cross, why do I have to go to the White House page to donate?"

Limbaugh: "Exactly. Would you trust the money's gonna go to Haiti?"

Justin: "No."

Rush: "But would you trust that your name's gonna end up on a mailing list for the Obama people to start asking you for campaign donations for him and other causes?"

Justin: "Absolutely!"

Limbaugh: "Absolutely!"
THIS is what you're all hysterical about? This is it?

These are questions he asked the caller. Where is the lie? Where is he telling people NOT to donate?

I can't believe TWO questions have Lefties wringing their hands, gnashing their teeth and frothing with rage to such a degree.

Talk about trying to manufacture a story - geez.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:

THIS is what you're all hysterical about?

These are questions he asked the caller. Where is the lie? Where is he telling people NOT to donate?

Totally twilight zone.
THIS is the first time you've read that post? I've put it in this thread 3 times already.

Where's the lie? I've also spelled that out numerous times, even in that very post you pulled that quote out of. But hey, if you want to keep playing the stupid game, I'll be happy to post it for you again. . .

And Rush flat out said that there is NO CONFIDENCE in the fact that donations made THROUGH THE WHITEHOUSE.GOV WEBSITE would ever get to Haiti.

When you go to a known web page like whitehouse.gov and click through on a link provided there, it redirects you directly to THAT CHARITY'S website to enter all your personal details. The originating website never, ever, ever sees any of that information. Ever. It's done as a courtesy and as a means of instilling CONFIDENCE.

YOU know this. RUSH knows this. He had a perfect opportunity to disabuse this caller of the notion that the White House or President Obama would ever get either their money or their information. He could have explained to his caller how this works and reassured them that when they go to the whitehouse.gov website they are redirected to the Red Cross website and away from the White House website.

Instead, he out and out LIED. And not only that, he went even further to say that the White House cannot be TRUSTED in this matter.

Now, go ahead and pretend you haven't seen it this time.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:56 PM

Sorry, I happen to agree with most of what Rush allegedly said. I'm not sure I trust your interpretation of what he said though. Seen too many times Lefties taking liberty with alleged quotes from him and others.

I see no lie - it is his opinion and millions like him that do not trust this administration...period.

All I've seen are some questions he asked a caller. Put up the transcript or the video.

Btw, did you hear me Tuesday on Rush?

Old 01-16-2010, 06:14 PM

::sigh::

LISTEN to Limbaugh's call with Justin from Raleigh, North Carolina as transcribed by Roger Ebert in his Open Letter.

Last edited by Jill61; 01-16-2010 at 06:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies