Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 12:37 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,678,174 times

Advertisements

I also do not feel a connection to the President or his administration.
Not sure if I would have felt it for the other team either.
Can not quite put a name to it except that I feel we are heading into a different time in our country.
I had alot of initial excitement for the POTUS when the campaign started.
Then the concessions started. Same story different page.
Too bad because he will be the fall guy when it all comes down.
Then a new politician will give us a new song and dance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 12:42 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,848 times
More RW whining.

Yawn.

Just remember, the sick pit in your stomach, is the same feeling we lefties had for 8 years.

LOLOL You're only on year 2 of 8.

As soon as the economy turns around, and it will, your poor tummy will churn and churn even more.

And I'm loving it..

Old 01-18-2010, 12:43 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,806 times
Default "Many Opinion's" ... A Most Powerful Force!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
.........there is an American President who I wouldn't walk across the street to see. Also,...there is an American President who would not be welcome into my home.

I've never felt this way about another American President, although FDR would run a close second. And before all you race-card-players start pounding your keyboards,...let me say that race has no part in my statement,...I just abhor a President who constantly apologize for America on his travels, who proposes policies counter to what made this nation great, who has lied his way into the White House, and who has closely associated with people whose ideals oppose our way of life.
Greetings,

cdne ... I give you high marks for your completely understandable and widely shared opinion of the sadly inexperienced and pitifully portentous current occupant of the Oval Office.

The American People are indeed "In For It" for as long as these extremely piddling amateurs are in office !

This destructive bunch must indeed be voted out at every oportunity !

Thanks / Lamar

Old 01-18-2010, 12:47 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,753,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
That's funny, I feel the same way about Nixon and both Bushes...go figure.
meh.
Same here.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:52 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,287,261 times
I suspected that the loonies from the left would blame blame everything under the sun,...apparently Fox news, racism, making light of lying politicians,...etc.,...etc.,...etc. Seems no one can defend the politics of this empty suit in the White House.

For all you that play the race card so quickly,....it certainly seems that playing the race card is the only way you can defend criticism of this man (I use that term extremely loosely). I can recall no other previous President who so zealously keeps his past in secrecy, who so easily dismisses his past associations/acquaintances, and surrounds himself with such questionable people.

For a leader to promise so much transparency in government,...and produce so little of same is quite indicative of his leadership qualities.

I stand by my original ascertions: I do not care to meet Obama, and certainly would not have him in my home.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:03 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Of course race wasn't a factor in your statements.
Pulling the race card eh!

Old 01-18-2010, 01:11 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Pulling the race card eh!
No need....the OP did it for me

When will the bigots learn that we will not stop calling you racists just because you don't like the sound of it?

You are what you are....embrace it.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:15 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
No need....the OP did it for me

When will the bigots learn that we will not stop calling you racists just because you don't like the sound of it?

You are what you are....embrace it.

Racists - definition of Racists by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Now you know what the definition of "racist" is because you obviously do not understand the concept

Old 01-18-2010, 01:19 PM

78 posts, read 102,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
.........there is an American President who I wouldn't walk across the street to see. Also,...there is an American President who would not be welcome into my home.

I've never felt this way about another American President, although FDR would run a close second. And before all you race-card-players start pounding your keyboards,...let me say that race has no part in my statement,...I just abhor a President who constantly apologize for America on his travels, who proposes policies counter to what made this nation great, who has lied his way into the White House, and who has closely associated with people whose ideals oppose our way of life.
What has shocked me about Obama is how CORRUPT he is. The guy says 8 times in public he will make health care debate public and here we are in closed doors, working backroom deals and vote-buying. Obama doesn't even have the decency to come out and make some sort of a public statement, saying to Reid and Pelosi to open up the doors to C-Span.

He is also a failed leader. He is out there kissing some serious a$$ and then have America's enemies go out and call him the leader of the "great satan". Obama was humiliated by Hugo Chavez during a press conference and Chavez got an awesome photo giving Obama an anti-American book. What kind of a leader does that??

Not only that, I am in shock and awe to see the kinds of crooks and anti-American types Obama has appointed to his admin and to head US agencies and etc. Tim Geithner, a complete weasel and a well-known crook.... How could this guy be appointed?? Cass Sunstein, a guy who wants animals to have government-funded lawyers suing their owners in court?? Van Jones, a self-proclaimed Communist, who demands that the USA give its wealth to other countries during a public rally??

I have lived in Brazil before and I had never expected to see Brazilian-style political corruption like this in the good ole USA!!!! Only a Chicago politician from the Democratic political machine could do such a thing.

I am personally disgusted. What a sad state the USA is in!

Old 01-18-2010, 01:32 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,789,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonSense1 View Post
What has shocked me about Obama is how CORRUPT he is. The guy says 8 times in public he will make health care debate public and here we are in closed doors, working backroom deals and vote-buying. Obama doesn't even have the decency to come out and make some sort of a public statement, saying to Reid and Pelosi to open up the doors to C-Span.

He is also a failed leader. He is out there kissing some serious a$$ and then have America's enemies go out and call him the leader of the "great satan". Obama was humiliated by Hugo Chavez during a press conference and Chavez got an awesome photo giving Obama an anti-American book. What kind of a leader does that??

Not only that, I am in shock and awe to see the kinds of crooks and anti-American types Obama has appointed to his admin and to head US agencies and etc. Tim Geithner, a complete weasel and a well-known crook.... How could this guy be appointed?? Cass Sunstein, a guy who wants animals to have government-funded lawyers suing their owners in court?? Van Jones, a self-proclaimed Communist, who demands that the USA give its wealth to other countries during a public rally??

I have lived in Brazil before and I had never expected to see Brazilian-style political corruption like this in the good ole USA!!!! Only a Chicago politician from the Democratic political machine could do such a thing.

I am personally disgusted. What a sad state the USA is in!
This part of your post: "" ...sums up the whiny aspect of what being a conservative is all about.

It would be nice if cons could stop whining for just one day, and maybe then they'd think to stop blaming everyone and everything else in their lives and then even take a little responsibility for themselves. Highly unlikely, but I can always be hopeful for them; it's for their own good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies