Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 08:33 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
BINGO

It took awhile but someone finally said it.

Obama believe is is above everything and everyone.

Someone needs to explain to him what his JOB IS.

Obama believes he does rule the entire country and we need to remind the fool he DOES NOT.

Alito and those justices are an equal to Obama and Obama needs to understand that.

Obama is an ego freak that needs to resign.

In fact, I urge all Americans after last night, to demand and ask for both Barrack Obama and Nancy Pelosi's resignations.

They both are a danger to our country and the people who live in it.
Just going to say it:

I honestly think blind partisans such as yourself are a MUCH bigger danger to our country than Obama and Pelosi....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 08:37 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post
Classically unprofessional and utterly unbecoming of a supposedly impartial instrument of the law.
You forgot undignified.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-29-2010, 08:59 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,942,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Those that might be here that ARE lawyers? I'd STILL bet that Obama has more legal experience than you (and if you have more than he does, what the HELL are you doing here? )...

Only point on that is that Obama understands the law and the Constitution MUCH better than the partisans in here who claim he doesn't...
Actually, President Obama has very little legal experience, when compared to others who have gone to law school & passed a bar exam.
According to the Wikipedia article on the life of President Obama, the total of his legal experience is this;
Quote:
In 1993 he joined Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland, a law firm of 12 attorneys that specialized in civil rights litigation and neighborhood economic development, where he was an associate for three years from 1993 to 1996, then of counsel from 1996 to 2004, with his law license becoming inactive in 2002
Three years as an associate attorney. All those years "of counsel" are probably not legal experience at all, but just an association with the firm, during which association he practiced little or no law. Such assumption at least partually validated by the lapsing of his license in '02.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:08 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times
Quote:
Took 7 pages for someone to hit the nail on the head....

"Free Speech"? I don't think ANYONE cares if the CEO of a corporation wants to use his personal wealth to buy an ad or wants to step up to a podium and speak his mind.....

Anyway, let's have all the lawyers in here raise thier hands..... Everyone else I want to keep in mind that Obama has VASTLY more legal training and experience than you (guarantee we'll have some that aren't that say they are anyway )...

Those that might be here that ARE lawyers? I'd STILL bet that Obama has more legal experience than you (and if you have more than he does, what the HELL are you doing here? )...

Only point on that is that Obama understands the law and the Constitution MUCH better than the partisans in here who claim he doesn't...
Actually, I have way more legal experience than Obama has.

That's pretty much beside the point, however. He clearly understands the Constitution much better than the ravers here who claim he doesn't.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:10 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:

"Free Speech"? I don't think ANYONE cares if the CEO of a corporation wants to use his personal wealth to buy an ad or wants to step up to a podium and speak his mind.....

THIS is about a CORPORATE ENTITY being handed the ability to flood the airwaves with political ads. It is about the entity with the biggest pocketbook being able to yell the loudest and being given unequal access to the people to sway the political process.... IT'S A CROCK!!!

Anyway, let's have all the lawyers in here raise thier hands..... Everyone else I want to keep in mind that Obama has VASTLY more legal training and experience than you (guarantee we'll have some that aren't that say they are anyway )...

Then change the law, because the law has viewed a US corporation as a united states person, for many years.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Actually, President Obama has very little legal experience, when compared to others who have gone to law school & passed a bar exam.
According to the Wikipedia article on the life of President Obama, the total of his legal experience is this;

Three years as an associate attorney. All those years "of counsel" are probably not legal experience at all, but just an association with the firm, during which association he practiced little or no law. Such assumption at least partually validated by the lapsing of his license in '02.
And I suppose teaching 2-3 law classes (Constitutional Law among them) per year at the University of Chicago for 8 or so years and graduating from Harvard Law means nothing either.... ESPECIALLY in light of the BRILLIANT legal minds we have right here on City-Data!!!!

Old 01-29-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Then change the law, because the law has viewed a US corporation as a united states person, for many years.
For limited purposes.... NOT just as a rule of thumb as you'd like to assert..

Legal person - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by write-up
This legal fiction does not mean these entities are human beings, but rather means that the law allows them to act as persons for certain limited purposes—most commonly lawsuits, property ownership, and contracts. This concept is separate from and should not be confused with limited liability or the joint stock principle.[4] Also note that basic rights (like the rights to free speech and due process of law) do not necessarily follow from legal personhood.
And there we have it.....

Old 01-29-2010, 09:18 AM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
...when Obama LIED, Alito caught it and responded.
What's even worse is that as a supposed "Constitutional scholar," Obama had to have KNOWN he was lying.

Deliberately lying to the entire nation during his State of the Union Address. That's our President.

44 - Alito's State of the Union moment

Old 01-29-2010, 09:19 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post
Classically unprofessional and utterly unbecoming of a supposedly impartial instrument of the law.
And it was purely professional for the President of the United States to trample on the seperation of powers?

What's good for the goose my friend....What's good for the goose.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:23 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:

THIS is about a CORPORATE ENTITY being handed the ability to flood the airwaves with political ads. It is about the entity with the biggest pocketbook being able to yell the loudest and being given unequal access to the people to sway the political process.... IT'S A CROCK!!!

Isn’t your argument defeated by the fact that Sam Alito, being a long standing Federal Judge and now a Supreme Court Justice who actually was part of the decision in question has vastly more experience and therefore a much greater grasp of the Constitutional scope of the decision that Mr. Obama?

If we are going to whip our measuring sticks out and see whose is better, I would humbly suggest those who take SA's side are in better company if all I am going to use to decide is YOUR argument....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies