Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 09:31 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Which you just proved..

Ahh, see here you are wrong again..

The intention is to destroy any such plan of the presidents to destroy americas way of life.

Adults dont run around blaming others for their failures.. They dont run around criticizing those they are trying to gain support from.. They dont run around and lie to your face about things like fiscal responsibility while proposing ilresponsible spending.. They dont run around preaching about the faults of previous presidents while continuing the VERY same policies.. An adult would concentrate on the true problems in society instead of pushing their own special adjenda..

Yes, the GOP adjenda is to destroy any such plans of the presidents, and if this makes the president suck on a baby pacifier for the next 3 years, I'm all the happier. An adult, hardly, maybe a tenager and thats probably being generous... They do sell those candy pacifiers for teenagers I guess.
""""Adults dont run around blaming others for their failures..""""

No, and Obama hasn't....he's blamed the SITUATION on the previous administration because they were in charge....sorry, you don't believe in taking responsibility for one's own actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 09:31 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Do you really think that the Republicans had that much of a stranglehold in Congress BEFORE this Mass vote ?

I think he's being pro-active here cause the Dems cannot just ram votes through without the Repubs.
My opinion here..but that is what I think.
After a year of kicking republicans to the curb, excluding any input from them.... only now that 0bama lost the tyranny of his 60 vote super majority, does he find bipartisanship a worthy idea to pursue.... unless reconciliation becomes the norm, then he will be back to locked doors and partisan bickering.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:33 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Source: Obama Goes To GOP Lions' Den -- And Mauls The Lions

I didn't actually watch but sounds like they got schooled. Shame on Fox though. Had the situation been reversed Faux would not have cut out early.

If that was a strong performance, I would hate to see a weak one. Were we watching the same meeting? Obama spoke well, but his content was lacking and offered ZERO solutions. It was pathetic.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""""Adults dont run around blaming others for their failures..""""

No, and Obama hasn't....he's blamed the SITUATION on the previous administration because they were in charge....sorry, you don't believe in taking responsibility for one's own actions.
Oooh please.. This whole thread is about how liberals think Obama schooled the GOP for not going along and helping move his adjenda..

Dont think the GOP is getting blamed, then tell me why the healthcare bill has stopped moving forward? Where is the cap and trade? The lower unemployment numbers, the increased national debt?

Arent you liberals the very same ones who proclaimed "the buck stops here" in regards to deficits and failed policies of the Bush administration? Now all of a sudden, its not Obamas fault.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:35 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Did they? I thought it was YOU screaming about a teleprompter on this thread.. Let me look...
Yep, that was YOU...

Ooh please, the man has NEVER EVER came out and taken the blame or responsibility for ANY policies of his which has failed.

Do you want to list some of the things I've blamed Obama for which he isnt to blame?
You forgot the entire previous administration so it's no surprise you CHOOSE to blank out the FACT that repugs brought up Obama's use of a teleprompter in MANY other threads....even called him teleprompter in Chief.....I didn't forget .......

Old 02-01-2010, 09:38 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You forgot the entire previous administration so it's no surprise you CHOOSE to blank out the FACT that repugs brought up Obama's use of a teleprompter in MANY other threads....even called him teleprompter in Chief.....I didn't forget .......
Again, blaming someone else for bringing up the teleprompter, even though it was something YOU did!!

Obama is that you?

Cant discuss issues so you have to change the subject?

Old 02-01-2010, 09:39 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
lol The heck Obama and democrats arent blaming others. Listen to democrats for the reason health care hasnt passed. Its the republicans fault. We are suppose to ignore that democrats dont need a single republican vote to pass anything they wish. Republicans are obstructing the democrats lol democrats dont need republicans.

Dont tell us democrats and Obama dont pass their failure on others

Old 02-01-2010, 09:40 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It's arrogant to ask for bipartisanship, and to insist on an end to babyish game playing? Wow.
Arrogant? That describes Obama, EXACTLY. Who can forget...

"Challenged by one Republican senator over the contents of the package, the new president, according to participants, replied: “I won.”
...With those two words — “I won” — the Democratic president let the Republicans know that debate has been put to rest Nov. 4."
Obama to GOP: ‘I Won’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

Obama, the "I won" president, is hardly bipartisan.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:41 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Which you just proved..
A great eye for sarcasm you have I see....

Quote:
Ahh, see here you are wrong again..

The intention is to destroy any such plan of the presidents to destroy americas way of life.
You've really drunk the partyline kool aid, kid. Unfortunately for you, Republicans are on the record stating their intention is to derail any health care legislation because they want power. It wouldn't matter what Obama proposed - they'd derail it.

If they actually cared about reforming the system, they would have used some of their 6-8 years in power to do so. But they didn't.

Game. Set. Match.

Quote:
Adults dont run around blaming others for their failures.. They dont run around criticizing those they are trying to gain support from.. They dont run around and lie to your face about things like fiscal responsibility while proposing ilresponsible spending.. They dont run around preaching about the faults of previous presidents while continuing the VERY same policies.. An adult would concentrate on the true problems in society instead of pushing their own special adjenda, and an adult would take responsibility for their own failures when they happen without finding others to blame, over, and over, and over.. OVER 1 year now and he has blamed EVERYONE but his failed policies for EVERYTHING.. Thats not an adult..
You make a solid point. Hopefully the Republicans will stop blaming Obama for their failures for 8 years and start taking responsibility, as you suggest. We can only hope. It would take a messiah to fix the problems he inherited in just a year and he's made some mighty strong headway in only one.

As Obama said from the beginning, it's going to be a long road and we may not get there in 4 years, but we'll get there.

Join us in reviving our nation's greatness. He's one of the most centrist presidents of all time - there must be something you can find to agree with him on. It's not like conservatives have the only ideology that works. If you think that, you clearly have not studied history.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:44 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Main Entry: ar·ro·gant
Pronunciation: \-gənt\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin arrogant-, arrogans, present participle of arrogare
Date: 14th century
1 : exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner <an arrogant official>
2 : proceeding from or characterized by arrogance <an arrogant reply>

Now, what part of Mr Obama's talk fits Merriam Webster's definition?
All of it. See my post on Obama, the "I won" president, above.

Quote:
I'm going to sacrifice my health and well being and hold my breath for an intelligent response.
No need. Most intelligent people can see right through the empty suit in the oval office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies