Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2010, 10:31 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,121 times

Advertisements

As a neutral I enjoyed it, it was very much like Prime Ministers question time in the House of Commons.

Obama was pretty good but those Republican members were pretty shocking when it came to an actual debate.
Don't they debate in the House of representatives ?

No wonder the Brit MP George Galloway chewed up a couple of Republican members in a debate, they were not used to an actual debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 11:07 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Spin, spin, spin! His father was also VP and POTUS. I suppose during those years he never met a soul, never met one person who could help him. Not.

Show me a president who hasn't broken some campaign promise, and I will definitely show you that beach front property in CO, along with some mountain land in Nebraska. Raising the cigarette tax, isn't that just awful? Quit smoking if you don't like it.
You do realize he is not his father right? You do realize GW Bush never held a job located in Dc. Knowing a person doesnt mean you work inside dc. and you wanna talk about spinning. WoW!!!!!!!

Its sad that you accept presidents breaking their promise to you.

Yeah lets just live in a nanny state so you can decide how we all should live, Whats acceptable and what isnt. No thank you.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
I don't need to wake up, you need to pay attention more instead of running around making up stuff.

He addressed that if you were listening. Economist believed that stimulus spending was necessary to get the economy running, Obama "extra" spending. He said he was proposing a "freeze" (which I don't agree with or if he is going to do, he also needs cuts in DoD as well) AFTER 2011, if things got better. His words. Now again, how do the Republicans plan on cutting taxes across the board and fixing the deficit? Don't bring Obama into the picture, but how are they going to do this? Have they ever been able to do it? I think what Obama said yesterday was true, it sounds like good politics, but it isn't realistic.

Why don't you provide proof, since you are making this claim. President Obama was invited by the Republicans to speak, right? They were the one's presenting the questions, right? So why didn't they come prepared? They could have asked him detailed questions, but most didn't. Why wouldn't they want the cameras? They could have used this to make their point of why their policies would be better for the country and why Obama and Democrats aren't in front of the public.
I think its you that needs to wake up and pay closer attention and you'll see that Obama is making excuses and not really answering questions or flat out lying to us.

I am not the one going around stating they should do follow up so you need to prove that they had the chance to ask follow up questions and NOT 1 of them took advantage of that chance.

lol Republicans have stated why they think their solutions is better for the country where have you been.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
He admitted both sides have been guilty of playing this partisan bullsh*t and misinformation game. And called for it to stop, so they can actually get something accomplished.

He also clearly stated that Repug ideas and proposals have in fact been used in the bills. But he will not permit proposals such as giving the extremely wealhty more tax cuts and other proposals like that.

His message was very clear. Let's stop the bullsh*t and get something done to help the people of this country, before it's too late.

I don't think it tales a genuis to figure that one out.

And quite frankily, that's why I always comment on partisan loyalties being one of the major cancers in our political and social process.
Obama has made the same claims and hasnt followed thru with them yet. Instead hes got on tv and made snide comments about them . Lied about them not offering any ideas or solutions. While making these comments about republicans working with democrats. Democrats have locked the republicans out of the room and was writing the healthcare bill. Did Obama get on national tv and call for democrats to unlock the door and allow republicans in? No he didnt his actions needs to back his words

He is the leader of this country and responsible for bringing this country together he needs to find a different tone and stop with the snide comments and finger pointing. Be a real leader and take some heat for the good of the cause. You cant finger point make snide comments while calling for a side to work with you and support you.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
You do realize he is not his father right? You do realize GW Bush never held a job located in Dc. Knowing a person doesnt mean you work inside dc. and you wanna talk about spinning. WoW!!!!!!!

Its sad that you accept presidents breaking their promise to you.

Yeah lets just live in a nanny state so you can decide how we all should live, Whats acceptable and what isnt. No thank you.
You have a strange definition of "political outsider" if all it means is the person never worked in DC. A politically connected person like GW Bush was not an "outsider". Not at all.

I don't like it if/when presients lie, but there has never been a one who kept every campaign promise. Quit smoking, and get your spouse to quit, too!

Old 01-31-2010, 12:08 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
America has seen Republican ideas and they worked so well we decided to elect Democrats to run Congress and the Presidency!
Republicans are still worried about abortions and gay marriage and it's time to grow up!
We have an adult in the White House so pay attention.
No, we have a SALESMAN in office. Whose comments are so far out in left field it's pathetic.

When Obama actually DOES something as opposed to word-smithing or deflecting or blaming someone else his way out of a question he has no answer for, then he may have earned himself a kudo.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:12 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
No, we have a SALESMAN in office.
He's not an adult, he's a salesman? Salesmen aren't adults?
Quote:
Whose comments are so far out in left field it's pathetic.
Such as?

Quote:
When Obama actually DOES something as opposed to word-smithing or deflecting or blaming someone else his way out of a question he has no answer for, then he may have earned himself a kudo.

"He won't do what I want!!! Mommy!!!!!!"

Old 01-31-2010, 02:03 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Connections doesnt make you a dc insider. So what his father was this and that. He wasnt. He never worked inside dc.

I am looking for the president of this country to not lie to the citizens. You can accept that happening if you wish. Doesnt mean I have to.
You're seriously convinced that "connections doesnt make you a dc insider"? (your terrible grammar, not mine)

So, you think that the fact that George Bush Jr's father was the President Of The United States had no bearing whatsoever on his entry into politics? Really?

You must be VERY naive.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:34 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
You're seriously convinced that "connections doesnt make you a dc insider"? (your terrible grammar, not mine)

So, you think that the fact that George Bush Jr's father was the President Of The United States had no bearing whatsoever on his entry into politics? Really?

You must be VERY naive.
Agreed. The Bush family is one of those political dynasties, where the family business is politics. Look at all the Bushes in government, grandpa Prescott, daddy GHW, sonny-boy GW, plus his brother Jeb, plus who knows how many others.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post

You must be VERY naive.
I consider a dc insider someone that works in dc. Not someone thats never worked inside dc but happens to know someone that has or related to someone that has. They need to actually work there themselves.

GW Bush is NOT his father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies