Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 11:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
It's hardly a cop out. Why should anybody explain what is so obvious in the clip? Would you also like me to explain the layout of this forum and the color schemes to you? Hold you hand while you post?
So you compare the Obama speech into something so "obvious" as the color scheme of the forum threads? Thats probably one of the funniest resposes to any such posting I've seen here ever..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Lame duck my ass. You have 7 more years. Deal Skippy.
I seriously doubt it.
When Clinton starts to talk about not wanting to work under Obama for 4 more years, and Obama himself starts to talk about wanting to be a really good president for only 4 years, rather than 8.. I think we are 25% of the way through with this loser.. Probably 50% considering the republicans will take over the Congress in 2010 and he will very quickly become a lame duck which will the economy to recover on its own..

Old 01-31-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourmothersinternet View Post
This is proof positive that the GOP just wants to make Obama look bad and has not care about doing anything good for the country. Country first is a lie put forth by the GOP to make them think they care and they do not unless you are a corporation that puts $ in their pockets they could give a crap if you die or what.
Welcome to the forum... Do you care to tell me HOW the GOP is making Obama look bad? I think he's doing a very good job at that all by himself.

Its not the GOP's job to make Obama look good.. Just like the Democrats made no such effort in regards to Bush...

If you are going to post here on cd, you will need to be able to do better than that..

Old 01-31-2010, 12:06 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,951,676 times
The Dims on this thread are really stretching things. Go ahead and fiddle while Rome burns you bunch of idiots.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:44 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Source: Obama Goes To GOP Lions' Den -- And Mauls The Lions

I didn't actually watch but sounds like they got schooled. Shame on Fox though. Had the situation been reversed Faux would not have cut out early.

Here's a clue. For the entire first year of this administration Republicans have had to raise their hand to use the restroom. Now, with health care DOA and cap and tax just as doomed due to the fact that the liberals in MA elected a Republican to Ted Kennedy's old seat, now BO wants to reach out to the other side. He went there because he realizes the push back is coming from the American people. Maybe Clinton whispered a little story about 1994 in his ear.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Here's a clue. For the entire first year of this administration Republicans have had to raise their hand to use the restroom. Now, with health care DOA and cap and tax just as doomed due to the fact that the liberals in MA elected a Republican to Ted Kennedy's old seat, now BO wants to reach out to the other side. He went there because he realizes the push back is coming from the American people. Maybe Clinton whispered a little story about 1994 in his ear.
Ahh, see here we disagree.

I dont think Obama at all wants to reach out to the other side.. If he did, he would stop bash them on every speech.

I think he wants to keep pushing his adjenda while appearing to be reaching out to the other side, and when they stick their hands up to suggest something behind closed doors, he'll slap it down with a ruler Obama can then walk out and still have a villian to blame to the public. (The GOP)

Old 01-31-2010, 12:58 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
always good to get the perspective of the racially-challenged. Surpised you couldn't work watermelons into your post.

Totally agree! The fact that a bi-racial man inherited large ears from him Caucasian mother is not an appropriate issue for a political discussion. That he is so stupid that he doesn't use those large ears to listen to the American people is fair game. And please, nothing about mayonnaise people.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:57 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I think it is time to put it on C-Span

Old 01-31-2010, 08:05 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,835 times

It's all Bush's fault
Attached Thumbnails
President Takes Questions from GOP at their Retreat-s-all-bushs-fault.jpg  

Last edited by Atilla; 01-31-2010 at 08:27 PM..

Old 01-31-2010, 08:06 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
oooh look, its another racist thread from someone on the left.. Its sad when this is what you have to come down to..

p.s. the GOP invited Obama.. THEY reached out to HIM.. Dont let facts stand in the way of your racism though..
Did you watch the video? The chosen Republicans read their long false assertions before they finally asked a question. I think they thought they would discredit Obama. However, Obama's answers actually discredited the party of "no!" Obama answered each question in such a complete, sensible, and intelligent manner that I bet Fox News couldn't come up with any sound bites to criticize Obama with!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies