Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 06:52 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,178,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I know of 5 people in my city.
My, aren't you the little nosy investigator! Why don't you do your Christian duty and turn them in and make their life even more of a hell than it already is....

No, don't know any CEOs of large bailed out corporations, nor any Wall Street billionaires nor any banksters...
don't know personally any of the cheats and crooks who who finagled the economy so they would get billions of tax dollars for failing at their jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 06:54 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,448,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I live in El Paso, Texas. Do you have any idea how many people receive welfare benefits in El Paso?
Or how many of them are receiving that or medicaid based on fraudulant or stolen social security numbers?

I don't know many places that are a better example of abuse of the system.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:55 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,448,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
My, aren't you the little nosy investigator! Why don't you do your Christian duty and turn them in and make their life even more of a hell than it already is....

No, don't know any CEOs of large bailed out corporations, nor any Wall Street billionaires nor any banksters...
don't know personally any of the cheats and crooks who who finagled the economy so they would get billions of tax dollars for failing at their jobs.
Yeah, because that makes it ok for people to cheat the system. Because OTHER people did it. Wow. Great logic. You're a paragon of virtue and citizenship.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:59 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,567,330 times
My next door neighbor is on disability for her back. Her back is so hurt that when a mobile home was moved out the trailer park, she went there to lift concrete blocks out the dirt to bring to her home. She also works doing office cleaning for cash so that she won't have to report her taxes and have someone in the government find out she's working.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:01 AM

Mean while, my wife, who has MRI and X-Rays to proove her spinal condition, took two years before she could get on disability while the neighbor got her disability within months. One deserves it and one is ripping off the government/taxpayers.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:08 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,178,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah, because that makes it ok for people to cheat the system. Because OTHER people did it. Wow. Great logic. You're a paragon of virtue and citizenship.
No, the POINT is that so many really nasty people seem to enjoy picking on those they feel are beneath them....threads are ten to one against the poorest who cheat ...and the wealthiest who cheat are left alone ...That is just stupid...the money that goes to poor cheats is a drop in the bucket compared to the taxes that go to the Wealthy crooks who don't need it at all....but it's just more of the American tradition of worshipping and fearing the Wealthy by the ignorant...they HAVE won.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:11 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,129,272 times
My old girlfriend did that. And a handful of her friends. It's so easy it's hard to blame people for doing it.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:12 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,658,912 times
A friend of mine who was a fire chief in a city said that they could tell distinctly what days the welfare checks were coming as there would be crowds of people hanging out on the stoops to collect them. Using illegal addresses, names etc etc etc and they would often see the same folks at different places collecting another welfare check.

Face facts, abuse is rampant is the welfare system.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:15 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,199,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
How can any woman NOT know who fathered her children? I suspect that these types of women are in the minority of welfare recipients.
I was setting with a Girl and her Mother one time.The Girl was telling her Mom on the Paper work they was wanting to know who the Father was? She says I don't know who to put down,but I don't want to say I don't know because it will make me look like a *****

I don't know as many as I did since the Goverment started cutting people off after 5 years.

hillman

Old 02-07-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
My old girlfriend did that. And a handful of her friends. It's so easy it's hard to blame people for doing it.
No, it's not hard to blame them for breaking the law and robbing the tax payers, especially the ones who truly need welfare and disability. Because of her spinal condition, my wife could have applied for disablity years before she did. But instead she choose to try to work for a living and then her back got much worse. Her training is in child care. She even worked for former Congressman Chris John (D) of Louisiana, caring for his twin boys. They sent us a nice wedding present. Now she can't lift more than 15 lbs and no prolong sitting upright or standing. Much of her day is in the recliner on the heating pad or in bed on the heating pad. On her good days, she can cook and do some cleaning. I do the dusting (ladders), vacuuming, mopping, my own laundry, and changing the sheets. If more people would be honest and not apply for welfare or disability they don't deserve then it would be easier for those who truly need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies