Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 12:50 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
The thing is, in days gone by, a womans life expectancy was much shorter, women were pretty much viewed as chattel to be bargained with to gain property, curry favor, and to do with pretty much as their fathers or husbands deemed.
I would be willing to bet if you could teleport back to the old days, it would be hard to find a woman that would tell you that she was happy with being a mother at 12 or so.

I don't disagree with that and am happy I did not live in days gone by as well. We have come a long way and I am grateful for the opporutnity to live in today's society as a woman and not in the society of even 40 or 50 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 12:54 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I don't disagree with that and am happy I did not live in days gone by as well. We have come a long way and I am grateful for the opporutnity to live in today's society as a woman and not in the society of even 40 or 50 years ago.
You have no idea.......when I was a child, my dads mom would tell me stories that would curl your hair.
She was a suffragette, she was beaten, jailed and raped.
She is the standard by which I measure myself.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:36 AM

1 posts, read 539 times
best answer [url=ya.ru] her [/url]

Old 09-11-2011, 08:43 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I graudated from high school like 3 or 4 years ago.

I am 16 and going to be a mommy!
Something isn't adding up.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:15 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,650,093 times
Quote:
Yeah, thats right.

I graudated from high school like 3 or 4 years ago. On my Facebook account, I know of not one or two or three but SIX girls who now have kids. WHAT about your future? WHAT about school? WHAT about the childs future?

It makes me sick. What are you in a rush for? NONE of them work. NONE of their boyfriends (no long gone-of course) pay support. Who is footing their bill? US.

And then they post pictures on there all proud. Yay! I am 16 and going to be a mommy! No, I am not joking. THAT is what they write.

Someone asked them what they are proud of and they get all angry saying "OMG DONT QUESTION ME! YOU DONT KNOW OK? I AM PROUD TO BE A YOUNG MOM!"

NONE OF YOU are married or even if you choose not to be married-you dont have any stability! Now what about the kids. Geez. I wonder how they will turn out.

I am SICK of this. Anyone else think that this "young girl being a mommy thing is cute" is STUPID?!

Sometimes I feel STUPID for NOT having a kid at 16.
Yes!!! I cannot tell you how sick I am of these idiot placenta-brained teen-moos!!

They shouldve either kept them closed or use freaking birth control!! The taxpayers are paying for sex Ed so why don't those idiots use it!?

Do they have any idea how much responsibility goes into raising a child!? They treat their babies like freaking fashion accessories!! It's shameful!

Another thing that pits them at a huge disadvantage is the fact that most men seek partners who don't have kids/baggage. Most men will not date single mothers!

Sorry. Got kind if ranty there.

Last edited by CancerianMoonPrincess; 09-11-2011 at 09:31 AM..

Old 09-11-2011, 09:19 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
I have to post this again - The Joy of Economics

Old 09-11-2011, 09:50 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,650,093 times
Quote:
Let alone some kids...some ADULTS are not capable of being parents.

WHAT IS UP with kids wanting kids and people smiling and thinking it is cute.

I feel ashamed and stupid for not having a kid sometimes with the way it is going.
You can thank Hollywood and it's garbage tv shows for glamorizing such a travesty. Think about it, 16 and Pregnant, The Secret Life of the American Teenager? They're both garbage!! They see that and think, "derp, mah boyfriend will luuuuuuurrrrrvvvv me forebber!! Let's havz a baybeeeee!! Then he'll staay and be my maaayyuuunn!!"

Old 09-11-2011, 10:47 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Yes!!! I cannot tell you how sick I am of these idiot placenta-brained teen-moos!!

They shouldve either kept them closed or use freaking birth control!! The taxpayers are paying for sex Ed so why don't those idiots use it!?

Do they have any idea how much responsibility goes into raising a child!? They treat their babies like freaking fashion accessories!! It's shameful!

Another thing that pits them at a huge disadvantage is the fact that most men seek partners who don't have kids/baggage. Most men will not date single mothers!

Sorry. Got kind if ranty there.
You would be surprised at how many schools do not offer sex ed, just abstinence programs, which are nothing more than propaganda machines.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:54 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You would be surprised at how many schools do not offer sex ed, just abstinence programs, which are nothing more than propaganda machines.
New Study Says 'Abstinence Only' Works - ABC News

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
You can thank Hollywood and it's garbage tv shows for glamorizing such a travesty. Think about it, 16 and Pregnant, The Secret Life of the American Teenager? They're both garbage!! They see that and think, "derp, mah boyfriend will luuuuuuurrrrrvvvv me forebber!! Let's havz a baybeeeee!! Then he'll staay and be my maaayyuuunn!!"

That's a very common thought among young women it seems. If I have a baby then my man will stay with me forever! Newsflash young girls, boys don't think like you do, and vice versa. Then the 16 year old girl says she hates boys because boys are mean and convinces herself that she's bi or lesbian.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:01 AM

18,419 posts, read 19,036,217 times
we need better sex education in high school and easier access to BC. the other question to ask yourself is when a young teenager gets pregnant would you rather she have an abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies