Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 11:49 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
You people are 100% SHEEP[/b] and that's exactly why you lined up (and even PAID) to get a flu shot not really knowing exactly what was in it or how it will effect you for the rest of your natural life.
I didn't get a flu shot.

The real sheep are the ones being herded to believe outrageous fantasies by people running conspiracy websites.

Baahhh...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I'm waiting for you to post some cops and fire fighters that believe that **** and bull story. And I don't mean the paid shills from FEMA and NIST.
Um, your quote didn't single out just "cops and fire fighters". You also listed "average Joes", of which there are at least two posting in this thread - one of which has been your main adversary in this debate.

Also posted was the video of the firefighter who was letting one of you conspiracy nuts have it, right in front of the WTC site. I'm not digging through 40 pages to find something you're supposed to have already seen, though, so go find it yourself if you need to refresh your memory.

For someone who claims to be all about research and facts, your research skills seem to suck rather badly, as the evidence you're demanding from me for is right here in this thread, and you're supposed to have seen/read it already. Maybe your "research" is limited to conspiracy websites, and if it's not posted there, it just doesn't count..

Old 02-27-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but ask any criminal ... did you do it ?.. the answer is more than likely going to be NO.
And what will the answer be if you ask an innocent person if they "did it"?

This thread just keeps getting better and better...

Old 02-27-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
those 100 Million that do vote could in majority disappear too, and we would ALL be better off, as a good percentage of them don't have the mental capacity to be trusted with important decisions.
...biting tongue...

Old 02-27-2010, 12:29 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think FDR really thought the fleet would be taken out or that he would have allowed that to occur. There was a lot of chatter about a possible attack at Pearl Harbor, but it was thought that it would be a sabotage operation. The jets were all lined up in rows so that it would be easy to see people sneaking amongst them, but which turned out to be perfect for someone to bomb them in a straight line from the air.
What they prepared for was a sabotage attack. That was done by the second choice for the job of admiral for the pacific. The first choice for the job of admiral of the pacific feat prepared for the attack on pearl by not taking the job. Did he tell FDR why he turned down the job? There were no jets at pearl. There were plenty of obsolescent piston powered airplanes and battle ships. The fleet that was mauled was a 26 knot fleet. On the drawing boards and in construction was a 31 knot fleet 16†and latter but canceled 18†guns on battle ships and fast carriers. He had been told that the fleet was being put in harms way. He did it knowingly. That kind of choice is why I'll never run for president. FDR was a statesman. (The job of president is one that should never be given to someone that wants it.) Sometimes you have to stand up and fight. Nazi Germany was something that we as a nation needed to do something about.

Quote:
One thing I've read that people don't take into account is the prevailing racism of the time. Most Americans, FDR included, thought that Asians could not see well because of the shape of their eyes, and therefore would not be effective at raids from the air. After they put a bomb down the smokestack of the Arizona, I guess that perception was changed.
The Russians in 1905 got a taste of what the Japanese were capable of. (There was a core of people that had respect for the Japanese) FDR had planned a big air force. He had been told and listened to the coming trends in (air) warfare. He knew what he was doing. Did they do a better job than he thought they would? Probably.

Quote:
It's also good to remember that while Bush did have the itch to go to Iraq, it wasn't his bright idea. Around '98, it was John Kerry who was pushing for an invasion of Iraq, and Clinton didn't want to bring us into a war. I do also suspect that there was some personal "Saddam you wanted to kill my Dad and so I'm going to get you" in GW Bush that was added into the mix.
I don't think as highly of GW as I do of FDR. I thing you hit the nail on the head about “daddyâ€. To do what FDR did for personal reasons rather than for the good of the nation is the difference between being a statesman and a criminal.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
I know you were running for your life. In a weird way, I was there too. I'm just so damed sensitive, I'm crying again...I'm sorry, I can't do this..
I was driving tour busses that day. That was the end of me driving busses.... Me too.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:

Now, for all of the CD jockeys here that already know everything there is to know about history (ostensibly from a semester in school and Hollywood movies) you may not care what Stinnett has uncovered. But for those truly interested in the facts, an accurate understanding of history is vital to understanding current events.
Yip. With emphasis on the accurate. From what I can see the buildings collapsed on their own from the 'plane damage. Trying to convince everyone that there were bombs involved draws attention away from what really happened.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:48 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,462,442 times
I've almost moved on from everything that happened that day except for a few things: Rather than getting out of the area, being frozen to the spot watching (and listening) to the people jumping. It haunts me. The second thing was the "sound" of the first building as it started to collapse. That sound will be with me for the rest of my life. And there was no bomb prior to the collapse. I am telling you. I was there. Do not spread falsehoods. The third was running immediately after that with the thought that the building was going to come down on a tilt (thank God it didn't) and feeling that as I was running, I was going to get hit with something in the head and that would be it. Life over. With absolutely no control over the situation.

Terrible day. I lost family in this attack. And as a native NY'er I strenously object to any conspiracy theory crazy talk. I know who did this attack. I know who destroyed the skylight of my city, and I know who made me run for my life that day. I do not want anything to get in the way of the public's perception of who did this to us. It could potentially take away the focus of the right people concentrating on that - I'll be polite - organization of people who want to destory our way of life.

Out of respect for the people who both did and did not survive that day, and for the strength of our country, please do not, for entertainment purposes, move the focus of where we should all be looking both for retribution and to ensure it NEVER happens again in any part of our country.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:00 PM

Cokatie I'm sorry if I have offended you.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:05 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,462,442 times
No, you haven't personally offended me! I am just so afraid that a theory such as this will make our government leaders take their eyes off the real culprits and offenders by wasting time defending this. In the minutes after the first plane went in, I was outside. I watched the second plane go in. I was one block away from everything that was going on. I swear to you that I did not hear any bomb. As a matter of fact, the silence during the bulk of the incident was almost eerie. Again, from my vantage point, there were no bombs. The first real loud noise was when the first tower, as I stated above, started to crumble. No loud boom before that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies